The British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC) is the British Machine Vision Association (BMVA) annual conference on machine vision , image processing , and pattern recognition .  It is one of the major international conferences on computer vision and related areas hero in Great Britain.   met name, BMVC is ranked as A2 by Qualis, and B with ERA. The upcoming 27th BMVC will be held at York University in September 2016. 
BMVC is a successor of the older British Alvey Vision Conference (AVC), welke had run in years 1985 ( University of Sussex ), 1987 ( University of Cambridge ), 1988 ( University of Manchester ) and 1989 ( University of Reading ). The British Machine Vision Conference has Replaced AVC in 1990, als BMVA was founded. On Despite starting as a national conference, it is now a prestigious major international venue with high level of foreign participation (in 2013, 84% of accepted papers ulcers completely from outside the UK and Another 4% with mixed authorships) and high stress on quality of publications (in 2013, the acceptance rate was only 30%).  BMVC is a relatief small conference, with the number of accepted publications (and Charmain Horn Please note number of talks and posters) around 100. 
BMVC is a single-track conference held Usually    over the course of one week in early September On Monday, there are Usually one or verschillende tutorials , Followed by the main conference when the following three days. A Typical Day conference consists of a keynote talk, two or three all sessions and a poster session . Thursday’s program tends to be Shorter. The conference Usually of includes a banquet and a reception . The main conference is Followed by a one-day student workshop on Friday, welke provides an opportunity for doctoral students to present hun work and interact with peers hun.
At BMVC, there are verschillende awards bepaald. Besides the Best Scientific Paper Award (formerly known as Science Prize), there is Best Industrial Paper Award (formerly known as Industry Prize), Best Poster Award and others. The awards Recipients are tabulated Projects. Additionally, other BMVA great prizes zoals BMVA Distinguished Fellowship or Sullivan Prize are Awarded prolongation BMVC.
|Year||venue||Best Scientific Paper||Best Industrial Paper||Best Poster|
|1990||University of Oxford|
|1991 ||Glasgow University||Using Projective invariants for constant time library indexing in model-based vision. CA Rothwell, A. Zisserman , DA Forsyth and JL Mundy.||Detecting Intruders in image sequences. P. Rosin and T. Ellis.||Kalman filters constrained model based tracking. RF Marslin, GD Sullivan and KD Baker.|
|1992||University of Leeds||Training Models of Shape from kits or Examples. TF Cootes, CJ Taylor, DH Cooper and J. Graham. |
|1993||University of Surrey||Automatic machine learning or Decision Rule for Classification Problems in Image Analysis. P. Pudil, J. Novovičová and J. Kittler. |
|1994||University of York||Shared: Skewed Symmetry Detection Through Local Skewed Symmetries. T.-J. Cham and R. Cipolla.  and Image Registration Using Multi-Scale Texture Moments. J. Sato and R. Cipolla. ||User Programmable Visual Inspection. CJ Hunter, J. Graham and CJ Taylor. |
|1995||University of Birmingham||Learning Spatiotemporal Models from Examples. A. Baumberg and DC Hogg. ||Statistical Grey Level Models for Object Location and Identification. TFCootes, GJPage, CBJackson, CJTaylor. |
|1996||University of Edinburgh||Monocular Reconstruction or 3D Bilateral Symmetrical Objects. T. Tan. |
|1997||University of Essex||Uncalibrated Reconstruction of Curved Surfaces. J. Sato and R. Cipolla. ||Correspondence Using Distinct Points Based on Image Invariants. KNWalker, TFCootes and CJTaylor. |
|1998 ||University of Southampton||The precision of 3D reconstruction from uncalibrated views. E. Grossmann and JS Victor.||Applying visual processing to GPS mapping or trackside structures. D. Nicholls and D. Murray.||3D shape modeling through a constrained estimation or a bicubic B-spline surface. X. Shen and M. Spann.|
|1999||University of Nottingham||Multi-view nonlinear active shape model using kernel PCA. S. Romdhani, S. Gong and A. Psarrou.  ||Learning Behaviour Models of Human Activities. A. Galata, N. Johnson and D. Hogg. |
|2000 ||University of Bristol||Robust Point Correspondence with Concave Minimization. J. Maciel and J. Costiera.||Detecting lameness in Livestock Using Re-sampling Condensation and Multi-stream Cyclic Hidden Markov Models. DR Magee and RD Boyle.||A Statistical Consistency Check for the Space Carving Algorithm. A. Broadhurst and R. Cipolla.|
|2001 ||University of Manchester||Recognising trajectories or facial identities using kernel discriminant analysis. Y. Li, S. Gong, H. Liddell.||Application of the active shape model in a commercial medical device for bone Densitometry. HH Thodberg and A. Rosholm.||Mathematical morphology in the HLS color space. A. Hanbury and J. Serra.|
|2002 ||University of Cardiff||Robust Wide baseline stereo from Maximally Stable Extremal Regions. J. Matas, M. Urban, O. Chum and T. Pajdla.||Tightly Integrated Sensor Fusion for Robust Visual Tracking. G. Klein and T. Drummond.||Invariant Features from Point Interest Groups. M. Brown and D. Lowe.|
|2003  ||University of East Anglia||Synchronising image sequences or non-rigid objects. PA Tresadern and I. Reid.||Video analysis for cartoon-like special effects. JP Collomosse, D. Rowntree and PM Hall.||The art of scalespace. JA Bangham, SE Gibson and R. Harvey.|
|2004 ||Kingston University||Multi-modal tracking using texture changes. C. Kemp and TW Drummond.||Shared: A Mid-Level Description of Video with Application to Non-photorealistic Animation. J. Collomosse and PM Hall. and Minimal Training, Large Lexicon, Unconstrained Sign Language Recognition. T. Kadir, R. Bowden, EJ Ong and A. Zisserman .||An Image-Based System for Urban Navigation. D. Robertson and R. Cipolla.|
|2005 ||Oxford Brookes University||Sub-linear Directory for Large Scale Object Recognition. S. Obdrzalek and J. Matas.||A Single-Frame Visual Gyroscope. G. Klein and T. Drummond.||Offline Generation of High Quality Background Subtraction Data. E. Grossmann, A. Kale, C. Jaynes and SS Cheung.|
|2006 ||University of Edinburgh||Feature Detection and Tracking with Constrained Local Models. D. Cristinacce and TFCootes.||“Hello! My name is … Buffy” – Automatic naming of characters in TV video. M. Everingham J. Sivic and A. Zisserman .||Automatic Video Segmentation using spatiotemporal T-junctions. N. Apostoloff and A. Fitzgibbon.|
|2007  ||University of Warwick||Sparse MRF appearance models forfast Anatomical structure Localization. R. Donner, G. Along and H. Bischof.||(Not Awarded)||Towards Real-Time Traffic Sign Recognition at Class-Specific Discriminative Features. A. Ruta, Y. Li and X. Liu.|
|2008  ||University of Leeds||Globally Optimal O (n) Solution to the PnP Problem for General Camera Models. G. Schweighofer and A. Pinz.||Minimizing the Multi-View Stereo Reprojection Error for Triangular Surface Meshes. A. Delaunoy E. Prados, P. Gargallo, J.-P. Pons and P. Sturm.||Geometric LDA: A Generative Model for Particular Object Discovery. J. Philbin, J. and A. Sivic Zisserman.|
|2009 ||University College London & Queen Mary University of London||Stochastic image denoising. F. Estrada, D. Fleet and A. Jepson.||HMM-based archive film defect detection with spatial and temporal constraints. X. Wang and M. Mirmehdi.||Shared: Guiding visual surveillance by tracking human attention. B. Benfold and I. Reid. and Reconstruction from uncalibrated affine silhouettes. P. McIlroy and T. Drummond.|
|2010 ||Aberystwyth University||Joint Optimisation for Object Class Segmentation and Dense Stereo Reconstruction. L. Ladický, P. Sturgess, C. Russell, S. Sengupta, Y. Bastanlar, W. Clocksin, P. Torr.||High Five: Recognising human Interactions in television shows. A. Patron, M. Marszalek, A. Zisserman, I. Reid.||Action Detection in Crowd. P. Siva and T. Xiang.|
|2011 ||University of Dundee||Object and action classification with latent variables. H. Bilen, V. Namboodiri and L. Van Gool.||Shared: Graph-based particle filter for human tracking with STYLISTIC variations. J. Martinez del Rincon, J.-C. Nebel and D. Makris. and Hand detection using multiple proposals. by A. Mittal, A. and P. Zisserman Torr.|
|2012 ||University of Surrey||Detection and Tracking or occluded People. S. Tang, M. Andriluka and B. Schiele.||Real-time Learning and Detection of 3D texture-less Objects: A Scalable Approach. D. Damen, P. Bunnun A. Calway and W. Mayol cuevas.|
|2013 ||University of Bristol||Metric Regression Forests for Human Pose Estimation. G. Pons-Moll, J. Taylor, J. Shotton, A. Hertzmann and A. Fitzgibbon.||Multi-view Body Part Recognition with Random Forests. Q. Kazemi, M. Burenius H. Azizpour and J. Sullivan.||Learning to approximate global shape Priors for figure-ground Segmentation. D. Kuettel and V. Ferrari.|
|2014 ||University of Nottingham||Return of the Devil in the Details: mining Deep JSON convolutional Nets. K. Chatfield, K. Simonyan, A. and A. Vedaldi Zisserman.||Simultaneous Mosaicing and tracking with an Event Camera. H. Kim, A. Handa, R. Benosman, S.-H. Ieng and A. Davison.||Upper Body Pose Estimation with Temporal Sequential Forests. J. Charles, T. Pfister, D. Magee, D. Hogg and A. Zisserman.|
|2015 ||Swansea University||Sketch-a-Net therein Beats Humans. Q. Yu, Y. Yang, Y. Song, T. Xiang and T. Hospedales||Deep Perceptual Mapping for Thermal to Visible Face Recognition. MS Sarfraz and R. Stiefelhagen||Robust Global Motion Compensation in Presence of predominantly Foreground. SM Safdarnejad, X. Liu and L. Udpa|
- 1998 Demonstration Prize. Active object recognition in parametric eigenspace. M. Prantl. 
- 2000 Demonstration Prize. A hierarchical model of dynamics for tracking people with a single video camera. IA Karaulova, PM Hall and AD Marshall. 
- 2001 Demonstration Prize. Video image enhancement for terrestrial, aerial and underwater environments. J. Oakley 
- 2001 Best Model Based Vision Paper. An Information Theoretic Approach to Statistical Shape Modeling. RH Davies TF Cootes, CJ Twining and CJ Taylor. 
- 2001 Presentation Prize. Robust Registration of 2D and 3D Point Sets. A. Fitzgibbon. 
- 2002 Demonstration Prize. Real time robust template matching. F. Jury and M. Dhome. 
- 2002 Best Model Based Vision Paper. Real-time gesture recognition using deterministic boosting. R. Lockton and A. Fitzgibbon. 
- 2002 Work therein must deserves help with exploitation. Orientation correlation. AJ Fitch, A. Kadyrov, WJ Christmas and J. Kittler. 
- 2003 Demonstration Prize. Visual golf club tracking for enhanced swing analysis. N. Gehrig, V. Lepetit and P. FUA. 
- 2003 Best Model Based Vision Paper. Modelling talking head behavior. CA Hack and CJ Taylor. 
- 2004 Demonstration Prize. Interactions tussen hand and wearable camera in 2D and 3D environments. A. Davison. 
- 2004 Top Model Based Vision Paper. A Bayesian Occlusion Model for Sequential Object Matching. T. Tamminen and J. Lampinen. 
- 2007 Best Security Paper Prize. Gender Classification using Shape from Shading. J. Wu, WAP Smith and ER Hancock.  
- 2008 Best Security Paper Prize. Crowd Detection from Still Images. O. Arandjelovic.  
- 2008 Highly Commended Reviewers. J.-M. Geusebroek, B. Leibe, A. Shahrokni J. Sivic J. Starck.  
- 2010 Best Student Paper Prize. Motion Tracking Coherent with Multi-label MRF optimization. D. Tsai, M. Flagg and J. Rehg. 
- 2010 Best Supplementary Material Prize. Manifold Learning for ToF-based Human Body Tracking and Activity Recognition. L. Schwarz, D. Mateus, V. Castaneda and N. Navab. 
- 2011 Best Impact Paper Prize. Branch and rank: non-linear object detection. A. Lehmann, P. Gehler and L. Van Gool. 
- 2011 Best Supplementary Material Prize. Skeletal graph based human pose estimation in real time. M. Straka, S. Hauswiesner, M. Rüther and H. Bischof. 
- 2011 Student Workshop Prize. Model Constraints for Non-Rigid Structure from Motion. L. Tao, B. Matuszewski and S. Mein. 
- 2012 Best Impact Paper Prize. PMBP: PatchMatch Belief Propagation for Correspondence Field Estimation. F. Besse, C. Rother, A. Fitzgibbon and J. Kautz. 
- 2012 Mark Everingham Prize for Rigorous Evaluation. Tom vs. Pete Classifiers and Identity Preserving Alignment for Face Verification. T. Berg and P. Belhumeu. 
- 2012 Best Demonstration Prize. Online Feedback for Structure-from-Motion Image Acquisition. C. Hoppe, M. Klopschitz, M. Rumpler, A. Wendel, S. Kluckner H. Bischof and G. Reitmayr. 
- 2012 Best Video Prize. Automatic and Efficient Long Term Arm and Hand Tracking for Continuous Sign Language TV Broadcasts. Thomas Pfister, J. Charles M. Everingham and A. Zisserman. 
- 2013 Maria Petrou Prize for invariance in Computer Vision. The Complete Rank Transform: A Tool for Accurate and Morphologically invariant matching or Structures. O. DeMetz, D. Hafner and J. Weickert. 
- 2014 Best Student Paper Prize Workshop. Gong Interactive Shadow Removal and Ground Truth for Variable Scene Categories. H. Gong and D. Cosker. 
- Jump up^ “The British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC)” . British Machine Vision Association.
- Jump up^ “BMVC” . Conference Ranks . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- Jump up^ “CORE Conference Portal” . Computing Research and Education . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- Jump up^ “BMVC 2016” . Retrieved 2016-08-05 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “BMVC Statistics” . BMVA . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- Jump up^ “BMVC 2012 Conference Programme” . University of Surrey . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- Jump up^ “BMVC 2013 – Final Programme” . University of Bristol . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- Jump up^ “BMVC 2014 Shows” (PDF) . University of Nottingham . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- Jump up^ Pete Mowforth (1991). BMVC’91 – Chairman’s report,BMVA News, Volume 2 Number 4
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Tim Cootes: Publications” . University of Manchester . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- Jump up^ “Jana Novovičová – Scientific Awards” . Czech Academy of Sciences . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- Jump up^ “Profile – Cham, Tat Yen” . Nanyang Technological University . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Kazuki Kozuka, Cheng Wan and Jun Sato (2008). Rectification or 3D data obtained from moving range sensor at using extended Projective multiple view geometry (section Biography of Jun Sato). International Journal of Automation and Computing , Volume 5, Issue 3, p. 275.
- Jump up^ Tony Lacey (1994). BMVC’94,BMVA News, Volume 5 Number 3
- Jump up^ “An Integrated Traffic and Pedestrian Vision System: Papers” . University of Leeds . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- Jump up^ “Springer in China – TAN Tienu” . Springer . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Mark Nixon (1998). The Ninth British Machine Vision Conference, BMVA News , Volume 9 Number 2
- Jump up^ “Alexandra Psarrou – Publications” . University of Westminster . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- Jump up^ “Queen Mary Vision Group – Dynamic Face Models” . Queen Mary University of London . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- Jump up^ “Aphrodite Galata – Publications” . University of Manchester . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Maria Petrou (2000). Prizes at BMVC 2000 BMVA News , Volume 11 Number 2
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Maria Petrou (2001). Prizes at BMVC 2001 BMVA News , Volume 12 Number 1
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Maria Petrou (2002). Prizes at BMVC 2002 BMVA News , Volume 13 Number 1
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Richard Harvey (2003). Report on BMVC 2003 BMVA News , Volume 14 Number 1
- Jump up^ “BMVC Best Paper Award” . Vision Wang Computer Vision Expert Blog . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c T.J. Ellis (2003). BMVC 2004 Prizes and Awards, BMVA News , Volume 15 Number 1
- Jump up^ Andrew Fitzgibbon (2005). BMVC Prizes,BMVA News, Volume 16 Number 1
- Jump up^ Mike CHANTLER (2006). Prizes Awarded at BMVC 2006BMVA News, Volume 17 Number 1
- ^ Jump up to:a b Majid Mirmehdi (2007). Prizes and Awards, BMVA News , Volume 18 Number 1
- ^ Jump up to:a b “BMVC2007 Warwick – Prizes and Awards” . University of Warwick . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Mark Everingham (2008). Prizes and Awards at BMVC 2008 BMVA News , Volume 19 Number 1
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “BMVC 2008 – Awards and Prizes” . University of Leeds . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- Jump up^ Simon JD Prince (2009). Summary of Prizes Presented at BMVC 2009BMVA News, Volume 20 Number 1
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Roy Davies (2010). Prizes and Awards at BMVC 2010 BMVA News , Volume 21 Number 1
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Stephen McKenna (2011). Prizes and Awards at BMVC 2011 BMVA News , Volume 22 Number 1
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e Krystian Mikolajczyk (2012). Prizes and Awards at BMVC 2012 BMVA News , Volume 23 Number 1
- ^ Jump up to:a b Dima Lady (2013). Prizes and Awards at BMVC 2013 BMVA News , Volume 24 Number 1
- ^ Jump up to:a b “BMVC 2014 – British Machine Vision Conference” . University of Nottingham . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .
- Jump up^ “26th British Machine Vision Conference” . Swansea University . Retrieved 2016-08-05 .
- Jump up^ Tim Cootes (2001). BMVC 2001 Presentation Prize,BMVA News, Volume 12 Number 2