The Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence ( AAAI ) is an international, nonprofit, scientific society devoted to promoting research into, and verantwoordelijk use or artificial intelligence . AAAI ook AIMS to increase is public understanding of artificial intelligence (AI), verbeteren the teaching and training of AI practitioners, and bieden guidance for research planners and funders Concerning the belang and potential of current AI developments and future directions. 
The organization was founded in 1979 under the name “American Association for Artificial Intelligence” and changed zijn names in 2007 to “Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence”. It has in excess of 4,000 members worldwide. In zijn early history, the organization was presided over by notable figures in computer science industry leaders as Allen Newell , Edward Feigenbaum , Marvin Minsky and John McCarthy . The previous president was Manuela Veloso , the president is Thomas G. Dietterich , and the president elect is Subbarao Kambhampati. 
The AAAI zorgt many services to the Artificial Intelligence community. The AAAI sponsors many conferences and symposia lycra year as well as Providing support to 14 journals in the field of artificial intelligence. AAAI produces a quarterly publication, AI Magazine , welke seeks to publish significant new research and literature across the entire field of artificial intelligence and to help members to keep abreast of research outside hun immediate specialties. The magazine has published leg Continuously since 1980.
AAAI organizes the “AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence”,  welke is Considered to be one of the top conferences in the field of artificial intelligence.  
- ACM – AAAI Allen Newell Award
- Fellows of the American Association for Artificial Intelligence
- Glossary of artificial intelligence
- Jump up^ http://www.aaai.org/Organization/bylaws.php . Missing or empty( help )
- Jump up^ “AAAI Officials” . Retrieved 2014-12-18 .
- Jump up^ “AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence” . Archived from the original on 30 October 2009 . Retrieved 2009-10-16 .
- Jump up^ “2007 Australian Ranking of ICT Conferences” . Archived from the original on 2 October 2009 . Retrieved 2009-10-16 . Tier A +.
- Jump up^ “Top-ranked Conferences in” Artificial Intelligence ” ” . Microsoft Academic Search . Retrieved 2009-10-16 . Rank 2.