Computer Aided Verification ( CAV ) is an annual academic conference on the theory and practice of computer aided formal analysis of software and hardware systems. It is one of the very best conferences in computer science.   For example, several important model checking techniques ulcers published in CAV, zoals counterexample-guided abstraction refinement  and partial order reduction methods.  
The first CAV was held in 1989 in Grenoble , France .
- Jump up^ “Ranked Conference List (2010)” . Australian Research Council . Retrieved 3 January 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Top Conferences in Software Engineering” . Microsoft Academic Search . Retrieved 3 January 2012 .
- Jump up^ Clarke, Edmund M .; et al. (2000). “Counterexample-Guided Abstraction Refinement”. CAV . doi : 10.1007 / 10722167_15 .
- Jump up^ Valmari, Antti (1990). “A stubborn Attack On State Explosion”. CAV . doi : 10.1007 / BFb0023729 .
- Jump up^ Godefroid, Patrice (1990). “Using Partial Orders to Improve Automatic Verification Methods”. CAV . doi : 10.1007 / BFb0023731 .