The European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software (ETAPS) is a confederation of six computer science conferences taking place annually at one conference site Usually end of March or early April. Three of the six conferences (FoSSaCS, PHASE, TACAS) are top-ranked in software engineering  and two ( ESOP , CC) are top-ranked conference on programming languages . 
ETAPS confederates de volgende six conferences:
- Conference on Principles of Security and Trust (POST, since 2012)
- European Symposium on Programming (ESOP, since 1998)
- Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures (FoSSaCS, since 1998)
- Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering (PHASE, since 1998)
- International Conference on Compiler Construction (CC since 1998)
- Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems (TACAS, since 1998)
TACAS (Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems) is a conference dat focuses on the application or tool and support for various formal methods . It is one of the top-ranked conference for software engineering .  It was founded by Bernhard Steffen , Rance Cleaveland, Ed Brinksma, and Kim Larsen. The first TACAS was held in 1995 in Aarhus , Denmark Followed by the conference in 1996 in Passau , Germany and in 1997 in Enschede , Netherlands . TACAS was one of the first five constituting conferences or ETAPS in 1998. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Top Conferences in software engineering” . Microsoft Academic Search . Retrieved 4 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Top conference on programming languages” . Microsoft Academic Search . Retrieved 4 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “ETAPS’98” . Retrieved 4 June 2013 .