Conference on Implementation and Application of Automata
CIAA , the International Conference on Implementation and Application of Automata is an annual academic conference in the field of computer science . Its purpose is to bring together members of the academic, research, and industrial community who harbor an interest in the theory, implementation, and application of automata and related structures. There, the conference concerns research on all aspects of implementation and application of automata and related structures, zoals theoretical aspects. In 2000, the conference Grew out of the Workshop on Implementation of Automata (WIA) .
Like Most theoretical computer science conferences zijn contributions are Strongly peer-reviewed; the articles appear in proceedings published in Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science . Extended versions of selected papers or lycra year’s conference alternatingly appear in the journals Theoretical Computer Science and International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science . Every year a best paper award was Presented.
Topics of the Conference
Since the focus of the conference is on toegepast theory, contributions Usually come from a widespread range of application domains. Typical topics of the conference include, onder Vodafone, de volgende if they ‘Relate to automata:
- Bio-inspired computing
- Complexity of automata operations
- Computer-aided Watchlist
- Data and image compression
- Design and architecture or software automata
- Document engineering
- Natural language processing
- Teaching or automata theory
- Text processing
- Techniques for graphical display or automata
Recent History of the Conference
- 16th CIAA 2011 in Blois, France
- 15th CIAA 2010 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- 14th CIAA in 2009 in Sydney, Australia
- Special Issue: Theoretical Computer Science 411 (38-39), 2010. Edited by S. Maneth.
- 13th CIAA 2008 in San Francisco, CA
- Special Issue: International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science 20 (4), 2009. Edited by O. Ibarra and B. Ravikumar.
- 12th CIAA 2007 in Prague, Czech Republic
- Special Issue: Theoretical Computer Science 410 (37), 2009. Edited by J. Holub.
- 11th CIAA in 2006 in Taipei, Taiwan
- Special Issue: International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science 18 (4), 2007. Edited by Oscar H. Ibarra and Hsu Chun-Yen.
- 10th CIAA 2005 in Sophia Antipolis, France
- Special Issue: Theoretical Computer Science 363 (2), 2006. Edited by J. Farre and I. Litovsky.
- List of computer science conferences contains other academic conferences in computer science
- Okhotin, Alexander; Domaratzki, Michael; Salomaa, Kai (2004), “Report on CIAA 2004” (PDF) , Bulletin of the EATCS , 84 : 231-234 .