The Biennial European Conference on Artificial Intelligence ( ECAI ) is the leading conference in the field of Artificial Intelligence in Europe , and is commonly listed together with IJCAI and AAAI as one of the three major general AI conferences worldwide.  The conference series has leg hero without interruption since 1974 oorspronkelijk under the name AISB. 
The conferences are held under the auspices of the European Coordinating Committee for Artificial Intelligence (ECCAI) and organized by one of the member societies. The journal Al Communications , sponsored by the association society, regularly publiceert special issues in welke conference ATTENDEES report on the conference. 
Publication of a paper in ECAI is Considered by some journals to be archival, meaning dat de paper arnt be Considered equivalent to a journal publication and therein the contents or ECAI papers can not save be reformulated as separate journal Submissions unless a significant amount of new material has been added . 
List of ECAI conferences
- ECAI-1992 took place in Vienna , Austria .
- ECAI-2000 took place in Berlin , Germany .
- ECAI-2004 took place in Valencia , Spain .
- ECAI-2006 took place in Riva del Garda , Italy .
- ECAI-2008 took place in Patras , Greece .
- ECAI-2010  took place in Lisbon , Portugal .
- ECAI-2012  took place in Montpellier , France .
- Jump up^ See, eg,Bundy, Alan (1996), “Prospects for artificial intelligence”, Computing tomorrow: future research directions in computer science , Cambridge University Press, pp. 33-48.
- Jump up^ A list of ECAI conferences and the contents hun proceedingsare Provided online by the DBLP computer science bibliography project at theUniversity of Trier.
- Jump up^ Truly,Al Communicationsvol. 9, Issue 3, September 1996, “Special Issue on ECAI-96 Budapest”, as listed in theACM Guide to Computing Literature.
- Jump up^ Submitting an article to the Artificial Intelligence Journal,Artificial Intelligence JournalWeb site.
- Jump up^ ECAI 2010
- Jump up^ ECAI 2012