David W. Keith Gordon McKay Professor of Applied Physics for the Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) and Professor of Public Policy for the Harvard Kennedy School at Harvard University .  He is ook executive chairman of Carbon Engineering . 
Keith’s research has spanned verschillende areas, zoals climate-related technology assessment and policy analysis , technological development, atmospheric science, and physics.
Keith has worked on solar geoengineering since 1992-when he wrote one of the first assessments of the technology and its policy implications.  Since Keith’s 1992 paper, welke introduced a structured comparison of cost and risk, and a later review paper dat first DESCRIBED the moral hazard and set geoengineering in the post-war history of weather control, Keith has SOUGHT answers to the questions:
- How unequal? – First quantitative analysis of regional inequality or solar geoengineering. 
- How to-reducing risks? – New method to-reducing the amount of sulfur needed for a bepaald radiative Forcing;  and, a novel class of self-levitated Particles That might limit ozone loss. 
- What does the public think? – First large-scale survey of public perception. 
- How to regulate? – Proposed two-threshold system dat combineert a deployment moratoria with a pathway for gereguleerde small-scale research.  
- How to evaluate trade-offs? – Early economic analysis of optimal Decisions under uncertainty and a value-of-information analysis while Supervising the first economics PhD to focus on geoengineering.  
In 2013, Keith released a book, A Case for Climate Engineering, Detailing a controversial strategy for slowing climate change. The book’s publisher’s blurb states: “A leading scientist lung Concerned about climate change, David Keith offerings no naive proposal for an easy fix to what is perhaps the must challenging question whether our time. But he argues dat after decades prolongation welke very little progress has leg Made in Reducing carbon emissions, we must put climate engineering on the table and consider it Responsibly. … This book zorgt a clear and accessible overview of the costs and risks, and how climate engineering Might fit JSON a larger program for managing climate change. ” 
He has ook Contributed to assessments dealing with geoengineering. Keith was a member of the working group for UK Royal Society’s 2009 report  as well as the Bipartisan Policy Center Report. 
In 2010, Keith testified voordat committees of the US Congress and the UK Parliament. He Presented to US National Academy meetings in 2000, 2009 and 2013 and was coauthor of the geoengineering sub-chapter (WG 2, 4.7) of the Third IPCC Report and served AR5. 
Keith has leg featured on the Discovery Channel,  did an interview on BBC News HARDtalk in November 2011,   has participated in TED talks in September 2007,  participated in a debate at the Royal Geographical Society in 2009,  and Appeared in a documentary on geoengineering Currently under production.  He’ll be promoted his geoengineering idea to slow climate change by Spraying reflective Particles withinto the upper atmosphere on The Colbert Report. 
Keith Sceptical about the benefits of fuel cell vehicles using compressed Hydrogenation . 
- Jump up^ “Harvard Kennedy School – David Keith” . Hks.harvard.edu . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “People – Carbon Engineering” . Carbonengineering.com . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “A Serious Look at Geoengineering” (PDF) . American Geophysical Union . Keith.seas.harvard.edu. 73 : 289 and 292-293. July 7, 1992. Bibkey : 1992EOSTr..73..289K . doi : 10.1029 / 91eo00231 . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “A simple model to account for regional inequalities in the effectiveness of solar radiation management” . Climatic Change . 110 : 649-668. doi :10.1007 / s10584-011-0103-z . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “Efficient formation of stratospheric aerosols for climate engineering to emission or condensible vapor from aircraft” (PDF) . Geophysical Research Letters . Keith.seas.harvard.edu. 37 . 2010. Bibkey :2010GeoRL..3718805P . doi : 10.1029 / 2010GL043975 . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “Photophoretic levitation or engineered aerosols for geoengineering”(PDF) . Pnas.org . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “Public understanding of solar radiation management – IOPscience” . Iopscience.iop.org. 2011-10-24. doi : 10.1088 / 1748-9326 / 6/4/ 044006 . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “End the Deadlock on Governance of Geoengineering Research” (PDF). Keith.seas.harvard.edu . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Solar Geoenginering – David Keith” . Keith.seas.harvard.edu . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Climate policy under uncertainty: a case for solar geoengineering” . Climatic Change . 121 : 431-444. 2012-05-17. doi : 10.1007 / s10584-012-0487-4 . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^ Keith David. “A Case for Climate Engineering | The MIT Press” . Mitpress.mit.edu . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^  ArchivedJuly 21, 2015 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “Task Force on Climate Remediation Research” (PDF) . Bipartisanpolicy.org . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “Geo-engineering: Removing carbon from air – Discovery Channel” . Geo-engineering.blogspot.com. 2008-10-23 . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “BBC News Channel – HARDtalk, David Keith, environmental scientist” . Bbc.co.uk. 2011-11-14 . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “The original David Keith Interview on BBC Hard talk show host – Stephen Sackur” . Youtube. 2012-01-22 . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “David Keith: A critical look at geoengineering Against climate change | TED Talk” . TED.com . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^  ArchivedApril 28, 2014, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “David Keith – Video Clip | Comedy Central” . Cc.com . Retrieved 2015-09-30 .
- Jump up^ http://keith.seas.harvard.edu/papers/63.Keith.2003.HydrogenCars.e.pdf