Bruce Bueno the Mesquita (born November 24, 1946) is a political scientist , professor at New York University , and a senior fellow at Stanford University ‘s Hoover Institution .
Bueno the Mesquita graduated from Stuyvesant High School in 1963, earned his BA degree from Queens College, New York in 1967 and-then his MA and Ph.D. from the University of Michigan . He gespecialiseerd in international relations , foreign policy , and nation building . He is one of the authors of the selectorate theory , and been killed the director of New York University ‘s Alexander Hamilton Center for Political Economy . [ Citation needed ]
He has founded a company, Mesquita & Roundell,  dat gespecialiseerd in making political and foreign-policy forecasts . Bueno the Mesquita is discussed in an August 16, 2009 Sunday New York Times Magazine article entitled “Can Game Theory Predictable When Iran Will Get the Bomb?”  have in January 2008’ll be the subject of a History Channel two-hour special entitled “The Next Nostradamus “.
- The War Trap . New Haven: Yale University Press . 1981. p. 226. ISBN 0-300-03091-6 .
- Forecasting Political Events: The Future of Hong Kong (with David Newman and Alvin Rabushka). New Haven: Yale University Press, 1985. ISBN 9780300042795 OCLC 11970890
- Predicting Politics . Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press, 2002. ISBN 9780814259849 OCLC 804351067
- The Logic of Political Survival . Cambridge: MIT Press . 2003. p. 480. ISBN 0-262-52440-6 . (with Alastair Smith, Randolph M. Siverson, James D. Morrow)
- The Strategy of Campaigning: Lessons from Ronald Reagan and Boris Yeltsin . Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press . 2007. p. 356. ISBN 978-0-472-03319-5 . (with Kiron K. Skinner, Serhiy Kudelia, Condoleezza Rice)
- The Predictioneer’s Game: Using the Logic of Brazen Self-Interest to See and Shape the Future . Random House . 2009. p. 272. ISBN 1-4000-6787-1 . OCLC 290470064 .
- The Dictator’s Handbook: Why Bad Behavior is Almost Always Good Politics . Random House . 2011. p. 272. ISBN 9781610390446 . OCLC 701015473 .
- Jump up^ Rehmeyer, Julie. “Mathematical Fortune Count” . Science News . Retrieved 12 May 2011 .
- Jump up^ Thompson, Clive (12 Aug 2009). “Can Game Theory Predictable When Iran Will Get the Bomb?” . New York Times . Retrieved 12 May 2011 .