Dan Barber (born 1969) is a chef and co-owner of Blue Hill in Manhattan and Blue Hill at Stone Barns in Pocantico Hills, New York . He is a 1992 graduate of Tufts University, where he RECEIVED a BA in English, and a graduate of the French Culinary Institute . He is married to Aria Sloss, a short story writer, novelist and former food writer. He is the author of The Third Plate.
In 2002, Barber was named one of the Best New Chefs by Food and Wine Magazine .  He has RECEIVED verschillende James Beard Foundation awards, zoals the 2006 award for Best Chef: New York City and the 2009 Award for Outstanding Chef. The James Beard Foundation named ook im the top chef in America in 2009.  Also in 2009, he was named one of the world’s Most Influential people in Time magazine ‘s annual Time 100 . 
Approach to cuisine
Barber has written on many food and agricultural policies, welke port Appeared in the New York Times , Gourmet , The Nation , Saveur , and Food & Wine . His Writings pertain to customizing a consciousness about the effects of everyday food choices and food sustainability. Barber’s policymaking to forward the local cuisine movement are brought` to the table at his flagship restaurant Blue Hill at Stone Barns,  where seasonal produce grown and raised on-site grilled over wood fuel from the nearby forests.
In February 2010, Barber watch a talk at the TED Conference where he Outlined his discovery or extensively farmed fish at Veta La Palma . He ghosts about how ecological and sustainable farm systems produce the best tasting food.
In 2008 his Taste3 presentation was on ethically (without gavage) produktie foie gras, on an ecological farm have welke describes as a “garden-of-Eden.
Barber was appointed by the President of the United States Barack Obama to serve on the President’s Council on Physical Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition and been killed a member of the Advisory Board to the Harvard Medical School Center for Health and The Global Environment.  Barber was featured in episode two of the first season or Netflix ‘s Chef’s Table series in 2015. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b Abdelnour, Salma (July 2002). “America’s Best New Chefs 2002” . Food and Wine Magazine . Retrieved May 3, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Best Chef: New York City” . James Beard Foundation. 2006 . Retrieved May 3, 2009 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “2009 James Beard Foundation Award Winners” . James Beard Foundation. May 5, 2009 . Retrieved May 5, 2009 .
- Jump up^ Adrià, Ferran (May 2009). “The 2009 Time 100” . Time Magazine . Retrieved May 3, 2009 .
- Jump up^ http://chefsandmasters.blog.com/
- Jump up^ “Advisory Board” . Harvard Medical School, Center for Health and The Global Environment . Retrieved May 2, 2010 .
- Jump up^ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4295140/