Bonnie Lynn Bassler (born 1962)  is an American molecular biologist . She has a leg professor at Princeton University since 1994. In 2002, she was Awarded a MacArthur Fellowship . 
Born in Chicago and raised in Danville, California ,  Bassler RECEIVED a Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry from the University of California, Davis and a Ph.D. in biochemistry from Johns Hopkins University .  She made key insights into tje mechanism to welke bacteria communiceren,  known as quorum sensing .
Honors and awards
Bassler was elected to the National Academy of Sciences in 2006.  She was elected a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 2007.  In 2008, she RECEIVED a special recognition from the World Cultural Council . 
Bassler has leg nominated by the American Society for Microbiology to be one of the USA Science and Engineering Festival’s Nifty Fifty Speakers who will speak about re work and career to middle and high school students in October 2010.  The Nifty Fifty is a collection of the Most Influential scientists and engineers in the United States, dat are dedicated to reinvigorating the interest of young people in science and engineering. 
Bonnie Bassler was named 2012 L’Oreal-UNESCO For Women in Science Awards Laureate for North America.  In 2015 she and Everett Peter Greenberg of the University of Washington ulcers Awarded the Shaw Prize in Life Science and Medicine “for elucidating the molecular mechanism of quorum sensing, a process whereby bacteria communiceren with eachother and welke offerings innovative ways to interfere with bacterial pathogens or to Modulate the microbiome for health applications. ” 
- Jump up^ Staff. “Professor Bonnie L. Bassler ForMemRS” . The Royal Society . Retrieved 2012-10-21 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Book of Members, 1780-2010: Chapter B” (PDF) . American Academy of Arts and Sciences . Retrieved May 20, 2011 .
- Jump up^ http://www.macfound.org/fellows/679/
- ^ Jump up to:a b Ahmed, F. (2008). “Profile of Bonnie L. Bassler” . Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences . 105 (13): 4969-4971. doi : 10.1073 / pnas.0705870105 . PMC 2278219 . PMID 18362352 .
- Jump up^ “Bonnie L. Bassler, Ph.D.” . Howard Hughes Medical Institute . Retrieved May 20, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Schauder, S .; Bassler, BL (2001). “The languages of bacteria.” Genes & Development . 15 (12): 1468. doi : 10.1101 / gad.899601 .
- Jump up^ “Special Recognition 2008” . World Cultural Council . Retrieved August 19, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “The Nifty Fifty (times 2)” . USA Science & Engineering Festival . 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-07-23 . Retrieved 2012-10-20 .
- Jump up^ USA Science & Engineering Festival’s Nifty Fifty
- Jump up^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsK7NUR-I9Y&feature=share&list=PLAAAAD435A2370CD7
- Jump up^ “Shaw Laureates in 2015 in Life Science and Medicine: Announcement and Citation” . Shaw Prize Foundation . Retrieved 2 June 2015 .