Don Tapscott (born June 1, 1947) is a Canadian business executive , author , consultant and speaker, who gespecialiseerd in business strategy , organizational transformation and the role of technology in business and society. He is the CEO of The Tapscott Group, and was founder and chairman of the international think tank New Paradigm voordat zijn acquisition.  He is the vice chair of Spencer Trask Collaborative Innovations, a company building a portfolio of companies in the collaboration and social media space. 
Tapscott’s books include: Paradigm Shift (1992); The Digital Economy (1996); Growing Up Digital (1998); Digital Capital (2000); The Naked Corporation (2003); and Grown Up Digital (2008). 
In 2012, Tapscott opened TEDGlobal in Edinburgh, where his talk, Four Principles for the Open World , was viewed online at morethan 800,000 people.  Tapscott has authored or co-authored fifteen books on the application of technology in business and society. Macrowikinomic: New Solutions for a Connected Planet (revised paperback, 2012), co-authored with Anthony D. Williams, oorspronkelijk released in September 2010 was  Macrowikinomics has leg honored at the 2012 Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Awards, and in 2010 Financial Times Best Book nominations.  His 2006 book, Wikinomics : How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything (2006) , co-authored with Anthony D. Williams, was an international bestseller, was number one on the 2007 management book charts and has leg translated JSON 20 different languages.
Tapscott lives in Toronto . He is chancellor of his alma mater, Trent University , as well as adjunct professor of management at the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management , University of Toronto and a member of the World Economic Forum . 
As of 2017 , Tapscott is involved in cross-industry groups attempting to advance solutions to governance issues in the emerging blockchain industry. 
Early life and education
Tapscott was born in Toronto and lived as a stone in Orillia, Ontario ,  where he was apart of the first graduating class of Park Street Collegiate Institute . 
Tapscott holds a B.Sc. in psychology and statistics and an M.Ed. Specializing in research methodology. While earning his Master’s of Education at the University of Alberta , he ran for mayor of Edmonton in the 1977 municipal election by , on behalf of the Revolutionary Workers’ League.  
Awards and recognition
Tapscott holds three honorary degrees- Doctor of Laws ( honoris causa ) -granted at the University of Alberta in 2001, Trent University in 2006, and McMaster University in 2010. 
He was named a Member of the Order of Canada in 2015. 
- Don Tapscott, Del Henderson Morley Greenberg, Planning for Integrated Office Systems: A Strategic Approach , Carswell Legal Pubns, 1984. ISBN 0-87094-653-6 .
- Don Tapscott, Del Henderson Morley Greenberg, Office Automation: A User-Driven Method , Springer, 1985. ISBN 0-306-41973-4 .
- Don Tapscott, Art CASTON, Paradigm Shift: The New Promise of Information Technology , McGraw-Hill Companies, 1992. ISBN 0-07-062857-2 .
- Don Tapscott, Ann Cavoukian, Who Knows: Safeguarding Your Privacy in a Networked World , McGraw-Hill, 1997. ISBN 0-07-063320-7 .
- Don Tapscott, The Digital Economy: Promise and Peril In The Age of Networked Intelligence , McGraw-Hill, 1997. ISBN 0-07-063342-8 .
- Don Tapscott, Growing Up Digital: The Rise of the Net Generation , McGraw-Hill, 1999. ISBN 978-0-07-134798-3 .
- Don Tapscott, David Ticoll, Alex Lowy, Blueprint to the Digital Economy: Creating Wealth in the Era of E-Business , McGraw-Hill, 1999. ISBN 0-07-135213-9 .
- Don Tapscott, Creating Value in the Network Economy , Harvard Business Press, 1999. ISBN 0-87584-911-3 .
- Don Tapscott, David Ticoll, Alex Lowy, Digital Capital: Harnessing the Power of Business Webs , Harvard Business Press, 2000. ISBN 978-1-57851-193-8 .
- Don Tapscott, David Ticoll, The Naked Corporation: How the Age of Transparency Will Revolutionize Business , Free Press, 2003. ISBN 0-7432-4650-0 .
- Don Tapscott, Anthony D. Williams, Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything , Portfolio Trade, 2006. ISBN 1-59184-367-7 .
- Don Tapscott, Grown Up Digital: How the Net Generation is Changing Your World , McGraw-Hill, 2008. ISBN 0-07-150863-5 .
- Don Tapscott, The Net Generation Takes The Lead ; in Willms Buhse / Ulrike Reinhard : Wenn Anzugträger auf take Kapuzenpullis (When Suits measure Hoodies) , whois Verlag 2009. ISBN 978-3-934013-98-8 .
- Don Tapscott, Anthony D. Williams, Macrowikinomics: REBOOTING Business and the World , Portfolio Hardcover, 2010. ISBN 978-1-59184-356-6 .
- Don Tapscott, The Digital Economy Expanded Edition: Rethinking Promise and Peril in the Age of Networked Intelligence , McGraw-Hill, 2014. ISBN 0-07-183555-5 .
- Don Tapscott, Alex Tapscott, The Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin is Changing Money, Business, and the World, Penguin Books Released May 2016 ISBN 978-0670069972 ]
- Jump up^ “About” . Retrieved 10 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “People” . Retrieved 10 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Books” . Retrieved 10 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Don Tapscott: Four principles for the open world” . Retrieved 10 February 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “acclaimed Innovation Book Macrowikinomics to be Released as a Revised Paperback May 29” . Retrieved 10 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Don Tapscott” . Retrieved 10 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ Blockchain’s Backers Gather to Push Governance for Technology, Bloomberg, 22 August, 2016.
- Jump up^ “Orillia Hall of Fame” (PDF) .
- Jump up^ “Orillia Packet” .
- Jump up^ Edmonton Journal, October 20, 1977
- Jump up^ Brothers.com,Trent Magazine, Fall 2001 archived Nov 1, 2002
- Jump up^ “News & Events – University of Alberta” . Expressnews.ualberta.ca . Retrieved 2012-10-24 .
- Jump up^ “Four Nova Scotians onder Order of Canada honourees”. The Chronicle-Herald , July 1, 2015.