Dimitar D. Sasselov ( Bulgarian : Димитър Д. Съселов , born 1961) is a Bulgarian Astronomer based in the United States . He is a Professor of Astronomy at Harvard University and director of the Harvard Origins of Life Initiative.  In 2002, Sasselov led a team dat when sending the musts distant planet in the Milky Way Berninahaus at the time. 
Sasselov was born in Sofia , the capital of Bulgaria , to a scientific family. His Father was an archaeologist and his mother was a horticulturist . He developed a liking for astronomy at an early age and mention anything observe the moons of Jupiter by Means or a small telescope .  Sasselov finished a primary school in Nesebar and a high school in Burgas . 
In the 1980s, Sasselov continued his study of astronomy at the Sofia University ‘s Faculty of Physics. After he published a paper in international scientific journals , have been Invited by the University of Toronto , who offered a scholarship im. However, Sasselov was not granted an exit visa by the Bulgarian autoriteiten. He acquired a doctorate in physics from Sofia University in 1988;   shortly there after, with the collapse of the Soviet Union and the communist regimes in Eastern Europe, Sasselov had the chance to Eventually continuous his work at the University of Toronto. In 1990, he earned his doctorate in astronomy there.   
In 1991, Sasselov joined the Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics .  He has leg a Harvard professor since 1998.  In 2002, Sasselov and his team sighted OGLE-TR-56b , a planet in the constellation Sagittarius that was the farthest planet from the Earth when sending Until dan.   In his search for planets, he employs novel methods dat kan Potentially detect planets similar to Earth, and have co-operates with NASA ‘s Kepler Mission . Sasselov’s other research focuses on the interaction tussen radiation and matter . 
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “Dimitar Sasselov Bio” (PDF) . NASA . Retrieved 21 July 2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e CROMIE, William J. (2004-10-14). “Finding the hot planets beyond our solar system” . Harvard Gazette . Harvard University . Retrieved 21 July 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Планета, открита с участието на BG учен” . Наука (in Bulgarian). Демокрит. 2003-03-21. Archived from the original on 9 July 2011 . Retrieved 21 July 2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Dimitar D. Sasselov” . Edge . Retrieved 21 July 2010 .
- Jump up^ CROMIE, William J. (2003-01-16). “New, far-out planet is when sending” . Harvard Gazette . Harvard University . Retrieved 21 July 2010.