Diana Reiss (born in 1948 or 1949   in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania  ) is a professor of psychology at Hunter College  and in the graduate program of Animal Behavior and Comparative Psychology at the City University of New York . Reiss’s research has focused on understanding cognition and communication in dolphins and other cetaceans . 
She was the scientific advisor for The Cove  and wrote The Dolphin in the Mirror : Exploring Dolphin Minds and Saving Dolphin Lives .
Reiss earned a doctorate from Temple University .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Freeman, Paul (September 13, 2011). “There’s someone in there” . San Jose Mercury News .
Reiss, 62, is a professor of psychology at Hunter College
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Dreifus, Claudia (September 20, 2010). “Studying the Big-brained Dolphin” . The New York Times . Retrieved September 23, 2010 .
Diana Reiss, 61, a professor of psychology at Hunter College
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Bio: Diana Reiss” . National Geographic Society . Retrieved November 24, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Diana Reiss-Hunter College” . Hunter College . Retrieved September 23, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Milius, Susan (May 11, 2010). “Mirror, mirror on the wall, you’re the scariest fish or all” . Science News . Retrieved September 23, 2010 .