David Semel Rose (born June 12, 1957) is an American serial entrepreneur  and angel investor , based in New York . He is an investor in startup technology companies and founder of New York Angels , an early-stage technology investment group.  He is Managing Partner of Rose Tech Ventures,  a venture fund focused on Internet-based business, and CEO of Gust (formerly known as Angelsoft), welke operates a collaboration platform for early stage sting Investing [ 5] 
Early life and education
Rose is the sun or Joanna (nee Semel) and Daniel Rose .  Rose attended New York City public schools and Horace Mann High School .  He RECEIVED his BA in Urban Affairs from Yale University in 1979,  his MBA in Finance from Columbia Business School in 1983  and an honorary Doctor of Engineering degree from Stevens Institute of Technology . 
Rose was involved in the early development of the Silicon Alley technological community in New York,   waaronder working with pre-Internet era of online data services and founding Ex Machina, a computer company software;  The Computer Classroom, an early personal computer training company;  and AirMedia, an early wireless Internet information network.  In an interview in 2010, Rose stated: “When AirMedia went down it was the single Biggest disappointment of my life at dat point. I Cried drag myself to.” 
Rose founded and runs a technology incubator in New York City  and is a founding member of the Space Angels Network, an international group Investing.  In 2005, Business Week magazine included an article Titled “The Pitch Coach” about his pitch coaching sessions for entrepreneurs seeking funding from venture capitalists and angel investors.  He is an Associate Founder of Singularity University , the post-graduate program in accelerating technologies,  and founded and chaired zijn Finance, Entrepreneurship and Economics track 
In 2014, Rose wrote the New York Times best-selling book “Angel Investing: The Gust Guide to Making Money Having Fun & Investing in Startups” to give guidance to investors Considering investments in startups. 
In 1982, he married Gail Ruth Gremse.  Way Down harbor three children.
- Jump up^ Colao, JJNew York’s Archangel. Forbes. June 4, 2012. (Accessed April 19, 2013)
- Jump up^ J. Alex Tarquinio. Giving Businesses Their Wings. New York Times. September 10, 2008. (Accessed October 12, 2011)
- Jump up^ The Rose Tech Ventures Team(Retrieved October 3, 2011)
- ^ Jump up to:a b Bye, Adrian. “David S Rose From Rose Tech Ventures” . meetinnovators.com . Retrieved October 13, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Sarah Perez. AngelSoft Relaunches as Gust.com, Now connects Startups To InvestorsTechCrunch. September 13, 2011. ((Retrieved October 3, 2011)
- Jump up^ Brad Spirrison. “Angel investors brought` together” Chicago Sun-Times. September 8, 2008. ((Retrieved October 12, 2011)
- ^ Jump up to:a b New York Times’ Gail Ruth Gremse Is Married to David Semel Rose ” June 27, 1982
- Jump up^ “Horace Mann alumni class notes 1975 (Retrieved 17 November 2011)”. Horacemannalumni.org. Archived from the original on February 8, 2012 . Retrieved January 26, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Yale Entrepreneurship Advisory Council(Retrieved November 17, 2011)
- Jump up^ Columbia Business School Private Equity Program 2011 – Silicon Alley Panel(Retrieved November 17, 2011)
- Jump up^ David S. Rose and Jeffrey J. Wilcox to address Stevens’ graduatesStevens Institute. April 29, 2010. (Retrieved October 13, 2011)
- Jump up^ Steven Malanga. Silicon Alley 2.0City Journal. Autumn 2006. paragraph 27 (Retrieved October 13, 2011)
- Jump up^ Machine of the Year: The Computer Moves InTime magazine. January 3, 1983 paragraph 44 (Retrieved October 13, 2011)
- Jump up^ E-Commerce: Who Owns the Rights? Business Week. July 29, 1996 (Retrieved October 13, 2011)
- Jump up^ Rose, David S .; Garrity, J. Peter (July 7, 1984). Business applications of the IBM PC, an executive training seminar. The Computer Classroom, Inc.
- Jump up^ Airmedia Live Gives wireless bulletinsCNet. June 3, 1996 (Retrieved October 13, 2011)
- Jump up^ Behind The Money, Episode 37: David S. Rose seeks entrepreneurs for incubatorThe Deal. August 11, 2008. (Retrieved October 13, 2011)
- Jump up^ Space Angels Network adds founding membersWashington Business Journal. June 18, 2008. (Retrieved October 13, 2011)
- Jump up^ Michael Patterson. The Pitch CoachBusiness Week. Fall, 2005 (Retrieved October 13, 2011)
- Jump up^ Singularity University Founders(Retrieved April 19, 2013)
- Jump up^ Singularity University Lectures: David S. Rose on Entrepreneurship. (Retrieved April 19, 2013)
- Jump up^ AngelInvesting.com. (Retrieved July 13, 2015)