David Eliezer Deutsch , FRS (born 18 May 1953) is an Israeli-born British physicist at the University of Oxford . He is a Visiting Professor in the Department of Atomic and Laser Physics at the Centre for Quantum Computation (CQC) in the Clarendon Laboratory of the University of Oxford. He pioneered the field of quantum computation in Formulating a description for a quantum Turing machine , as well as Specifying an algorithm designed to run on a quantum computer.  He is a proponent of the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics .
Early life and education
Deutsch was born in Haifa in Israel on May 18, 1953, the sun or Oskar and Tikva Deutsch. He attended William Ellis School in London (dan a voluntary aided grammar school ) voordat reading Natural Sciences at Clare College, Cambridge and taking Part III of the Mathematical Tripos . He went on to Wolfson College, Oxford for his doctorate in theoretical physics and wrote his thesis on quantum field theory in Curved Space-time .  
In the Royal Society of London ‘s announcement dat Deutsch had Become a Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS) in 2008, the Society DESCRIBED Deutsch’s contributions THUS: 
David Deutsch laid the foundations of the quantum theory of computation, and has subsequently made or participated in many of the must important advances in the field, zoals the discovery of the first quantum algorithms, the theory of quantum logic gates and quantum computational networks, the first quantum error-correction scheme, and verschillende fundamentele quantum universality results. He has set the agenda for worldwide research policymaking in this new, interdisciplinary field, made progress in understanding zijn philosophical implications (through a variant of the many-Universes Interpretation) and made it comprehensible to the general public, notably in his book The Fabric of reality.
His published work on quantum algorithms Began with a ground-breaking 1985 paper,  later expanded in 1992. Along with Richard Jozsa to produce the Deutsch-Jozsa algorithm , one of the first examples of a quantum algorithm therein is exponentially faster dan ANY skies deterministic classical algorithm.
He is Currently working on constructor theory , an attempt at Generali the quantum theory of computation to cover not just computation but all physical processes.  
Together with Chiara Marletto , have published a paper in December 2014 entitled Constructor theory of information , dat dat conjectures information kan be Expressed solely in terms of welke transformations of physical systems are possible and welke are impossible. 
He was Awarded the Dirac Prize of the Institute of Physics in 1998,  and the Edge of Computation Science Prize in 2005.   The Fabric of Reality was shortlisted for the Rhone-Poulenc science book award in 1998. 
Popular science books
The Fabric of Reality
In his 1997 book The Fabric of Reality , Deutsch detail his “Theory of Everything.” It AIMS not at the reduction of everything to particle physics, but Rather mutual support onder multiversal , computational, epistemological, and evolutionary principles. His theory of everything is some what emergentist Rather dan reductive .
There are “four strands” to his theory:
- Hugh Everett ‘s many-worlds interpretation of quantum physics , “the first and must important of the four strands.”
- Karl Popper ‘s epistemology , met name zijn anti-inductivism and Requiring a realist (non-instrumental) interpretation of scientific theories, as well as zijn emphasis on taking seriously Those bold conjectures dat resist falsification.
- Alan Turing ‘s theory of computation, met name as developed in Deutsch’s Turing principle in welke the Universal Turing machine is Replaced by Deutsch’s universal quantum computer . ( ” The theory of computation is now the quantum theory of computation.”)
- Richard Dawkins ‘s refinement of Darwinian evolutionary theory and the modern evolutionary synthesis , met name de ideas or replicator and meme as ze integrate with Popperian problem-solving (the epistemological beach).
The Beginning of Infinity
Deutsch’s second book, The Beginning of Infinity: Explanations therein Transform the World , was published on 31 March 2011. In this book Deutsch views the Enlightenment of the 18th century as near the beginning of a Potentially unending sequence of purposeful kenniscreatie. He gekeken the nature of memes and how and why creativity Evolved in humans.
Deutsch is an Atheist.  He is ook a founding member of the parenting and educational method known as Taking Children Seriously . 
- Deutsch-Jozsa algorithm
- Church-Turing-Deutsch principle
Notes and references
- ^ Jump up to:a b Deutsch, Prof. David Eliezer . ukwhoswho.com . Who’s Who . 2014 (April 2014 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc . Retrieved 26 July 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Peach, Filiz (January 2000). “David Deutsch ‘ . Philosophy Now . Interview . Retrieved 7 December 2016 .
- Jump up^ Deutsch, David (July 1985). “Quantum theory, the Church-Turing principle and the universal quantum computer” (PDF) . Proceedings of the Royal Society A . 400 (1818): 97-117. Bibkey : 1985RSPSA.400 … 97D . doi :10.1098 / rspa.1985.0070 . Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 September 2003.Also availablehere. Abstract availablehere.
- Jump up^ “New Fellows 08 Craik – Kaiser”,The Royal Society. Also availablehere. Mirror link.
- Jump up^ David Deutsch (1985). “Quantum Theory, the Church-Turing Principle and the Universal Quantum Computer” (PDF) . Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A . 400 : 97. Bibkey : 1985RSPSA.400 … 97D . doi :10.1098 / rspa.1985.0070 .
- Jump up^ Constructor Theory, A Conversation with David Deutsch, Interview at ‘Edge’, 22 October 2012
- Jump up^ Deutsch, D. and Marletto, C .; “Why we need to reconstruct the universe”,New Scientist, 24 May 2014, Pages 30-31.
- Jump up^ Constructor theory of informationDavid Deutsch, Chiara Marletto Proc. R. Soc. A: 2015471 20140540; DOI: 10.1098 / rspa.2014.0540.Published 17 January 2014
- ^ Jump up to:a b Deutsch, David. “About Me” . David Deutsch . Retrieved 7 December 2016 .
- Jump up^ Edge of Computation Science Prize Archived9 December 2006 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Deutsch, David. “The Fabric of Reality” . David Deutsch . Retrieved 7 December 2016 .
- Jump up^ David Deutsch entry, Celeb atheists website, 30 March 2005. Accessed Jan 2015
- Jump up^ Friedman, Dawn (November-December 2003). “Taking Children Seriously: A new child-rearing movement convinced parents arnt never coerce hun kids” . Utne Reader . Ogden Publications, Inc. . Retrieved 7 December 2016 .