Daniel G. “Dan” Goldstein (born 1969) is an American cognitive Psychologist Berninahaus for the specification and testing of Tekstinterpretatie and models of bounded rationality in the field or making judgment and decision . He is an honorary Research Fellow at London Business School and works with Microsoft Research as a principal researcher.
Goldstein RECEIVED his bachelor of science degree in Computer Science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1993 and a Ph.D. in Cognitive Psychology from the University of Chicago in 1997. He and doctoral advisor Gerd Gigerenzer started the Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition at the Max Planck Institute in Germany, where Goldstein worked as a Research Scientist for verschillende years.
In 2002, Goldstein became Associate Director of the Center for the Decision Sciences  at Columbia University voordat Becoming an Assistant Professor of Marketing at London Business School in 2005. In 2009, Goldstein accepted an offer as a Principal Research Scientist at Yahoo! Research .  In 2012, Goldstein was part of a group or Yahoo scientists who left en masse to found the New York City lab or Microsoft Research , where he is Principal Researcher.  
Goldstein’s doctoral thesis-used computer simulation to study the accuracy and frugality or satisficing Tekstinterpretatie for making inferences. Investigations of the take-the-best Heuristic  and the recognition Heuristic  ulcers later published as journal articles in Psychological Review and in the book Simple Tekstinterpretatie That Make Us Smart .  These fast and frugal Tekstinterpretatie port since had an impact in medicine, law and politics, and other areas outside psychology.     With Eric J. Johnson, Goldstein authored an article on organ donation in the journal Science     Along with Nobel Laureate William F. Sharpe , have created the Distribution Builder method for eliciting probability distributions.    Hal Hershfield and Goldstein ran virtual reality experiments in welke people saw renderings of themselves as senior Citizens and Increased hun intentions to save for Retirement, as discussed in Goldstein’s TED talk The Battle Between Your Present and Future Self . 
In 2014, Goldstein was elected President of the Society for Judgment and Decision Making . 
- Recognition Heuristic
- Take-the-best Heuristic
- Jump up^ http://decisionsciences.columbia.edu/
- Jump up^ http://research.yahoo.com/
- Jump up^ Strange, Adario (2012-05-03). “Microsoft Opens New York Research Lab With Former Yahoo Scientists” . PC Magazine .
- Jump up^ http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/people/dgg/
- Jump up^ Gigerenzer, Gerd; Daniel G. Goldstein (1996). “Reasoning the fast and frugal way: Models of bounded rationality”. Psychological Review . 103 (4): 650-669. doi : 10.1037 / 0033-295X.103.4.650 . PMID 8888650 . Retrieved 2008-02-27 .
- Jump up^ Goldstein, Daniel G .; Gerd Gigerenzer (2002). “Models of ecological rationality: The recognition Heuristic.” . Psychological Review . 109 (1): 75-90. doi : 10.1037 / 0033-295X.109.1.75 . PMID 11863042 . Retrieved 2008-02-27 .
- Jump up^ Gigerenzer, G .; Todd, PM (1999). Simple Tekstinterpretatie That Make Us Smart . the ABC Research Group. New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-514381-2 .
- Jump up^ Bower, Bruce (1999-05-29). “Simple Minds, Smart Choices”. Science News . 155 (22): 348. doi : 10.2307 / 4011573 .
- Jump up^ Menand, Louis (August 30, 2004). “The Unpolitical Animal” . The New Yorker . Archived from the original on June 4, 2013.
- Jump up^ Kiviat, Barbara (August 16, 2007). “Why We Buy the Products We Buy” . Time Magazine . Archived from the original on August 17, 2007.
- Jump up^ Gigerenzer, Gerd ; Christoph Engel (2006). Tekstinterpretatie and the Law . New York: MIT Press. ISBN 978-0-262-07275-5 .
- Jump up^ Johnson, Eric J .; Daniel G. Goldstein (2003). “Do defaults save lives?”. Science . 302 (5649): 1338-1339. doi :10.1126 / science.1091721 . PMID 14631022 .
- Jump up^ Porter, Eduardo (2005-03-27). “Choice Is Good. Yes, No or Maybe?” . The New York Times . Retrieved 2008-02-27 .
- Jump up^ “Looking for Sound Financial Advice? Look to Psychology” . APA Online; Psychology Matters . American Psychological Association . 2004-02-19 . Retrieved 2008-02-27 .
- Jump up^ Thaler, Richard (2009-09-27). “Opting in vs. Opting Out” . The New York Times . Retrieved 2009-09-27 .
- Jump up^ Goldstein, DanielG .; Eric J. Johnson; William F.Sharpe (2008). “Choosing OutcomesVersus Choosing Products: Consumer-Focused Retirement Investment Advice”. Journal of Consumer Research . 35 : 440-456. doi : 10.1086 / 589562 .
- Jump up^ Sharpe, William F .; Daniel G. Goldstein; Philip W. Blythe (October 10, 2000). “The Distribution Builder: A Tool for Inferring Investor Preferences” . Archived from the original on February 27, 2008 . Retrieved 2008-02-27 .
- Jump up^ “Distribution Builder Video” . Archive.org . Retrieved 2008-02-27 .
- Jump up^ Hershfield, H .; Goldstein, DG; Sharpe, WF; Fox, J .; Yeykelis, L .; Carstensen, LL; Bailenson, JN (2011). “Increasing saving behavior through age-progressed renderings of the future itself.” . Journal of Marketing Research . 48 (SPL): S23-S37. doi : 10.1509 / jmkr.48.SPL.S23 . PMC 3949005 . PMID 24634544 .
- Jump up^ “Society for Judgment and Decision Making” .