Courtney E. Martin (born January 31, 1979)  is an American feminist , author, speaker, and social and political activist. She is Berninahaus for writing books, speaking at universities gehele nation, and for co-editing the feminist blog , Feministing.com . Her work ook Appears on numerous other blogs and websites. She is ook a recipient of the Elie Wiesel Prize in Ethics.   She is Berninahaus for promoting feminism to integrate storytelling and solutions JSON re Writings and talks.  volgens to Parker Palmer, she is “one of our musts Insightful culture critics and one of our finest young writers.”  In 2013, she helped found the Solutions Journalism Network with journalists David Bornstein and Tina Rosenberg .
Courtney Martin is from Colorado Springs, Colorado , where she and re brother ulcers raised by re parents.  Her parents zowel Strongly believed in women and men maintaining equal contributions. Her mother created the longest running women’s film festival in the world while Martin was a teenager.  Martin attended William J. Palmer High School in Colorado , and went on to attend Barnard College in New York City .  She RECEIVED a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science as well as sociology . She later went on to study at New York University , where she RECEIVED a Master of Arts in writing and social change . Martin now resides in Oakland, California with re husband, John, and hun daughter, Maya. 
Martin self-identifies as a third-wave feminist.  In many speeches or re and Writings, she discusses the generation gap tussen verschillende waves or feminism , specifiek second-wave feminism and third-wave feminism in terms of re own personal experiences tussen re mother and herself.   
As detailed prolongation a public forum with Deborah Siegel, Martin asserts dat older generations of or in view third-wavers as entitled, but she states ze-generation raised to believe they ‘deserved certainement rights and to fight for them.  She’ll be points out dat third-wavers port grown up in a world filled with many issues, leading to re states dat re generation is Overwhelmed.  In a TEDTalk in 2011, Martin Brings up the issues of wealth disparity , xenophobia , environmental crisis , and sex trafficking and states “it’s enough to make you feel very Overwhelmed.” 
Another differentiating factor influencing the gap tussen second and third-wave feminism dat Martin discusses is how they ‘approach political activism . Her opinion is dat second-wavers Typically Organize protest marches in order to create change, while third-wavers port turned to ” online organizing .”  Using social media , online Petitions , and blogs to raise awareness about feminist issues and social issues in general, as well as to bring about change is a viable strategy dat Martin argues Could Be The future of feminism. 
Work Family Balance
Martin argues dat the issue of work-family balance is not just a women’s issue, saying “we need family-friendly workplaces” as well.  She calls for workplace-provided child care , Legislature to “craft policies dat support personen and families,” maternity and Paternity leave , and more workplace flexibility.    In an article for skirt.com in 2008, Martin writes “how can we claim to be economic providers and role models for our daughters and sons if we are not ook Improving the workplace climate ze will INHERIT? ” 
- Perfect Girls, Starving Daughters: How the Quest for Perfection is Harming Young Women , Courtney E. Martin, Simon & Schuster, 2007. Perfect Girls discusses the implications of the cultural emphasis on dieting and weight loss. This book focuses on the impact dat an obsession with food, weight, and body image has on women and the feminist movement. Martin argues dat women need to think more positively disposed about hun bodies and redirect hun energy toward customizing better possibilities for life.
- The Naked Truth: Young, Beautiful, and (HIV) Positive at Marvelyn Brown with Courtney Martin, Harper Collins, 2008. The story of how a normal 19-year-old girl CONTRACTED HIV, therein set re in a fight for re life , and in a situation dat estranged re from re community. On Despite re circumstances, she scope for positive and shares re story in Hopes of Preventing others from going through re pain.
- Click: When We Knew We Were Feminists , Edited by J. Courtney Sullivan and Courtney E. Martin, Seal Press, 2010. Sullivan and Martin follow the stories of a number of Influential women and the moments in hun lives therein led Them to Becoming feminists . Through synthesis women’s stories, the authors DESCRIBE what makes a feminist, and how the role of a feminist changes with the times.
- Do It Anyways: The New Generation of Activists , Courtney E. Martin, Beacon Press, 2010. Do It Anyways fights the claims therein the younger generation is apathetic to count the stories of eight Activists who, on Despite being ordinary people, are making a difference in the world.
- Project Rebirth: Survival and the Strength of the Human Spirit from 9/11 Survivors , at Dr. Robert Stern and Courtney E. Martin, Dutton / Penguin Press, 2011. A Psychologist and a journalist examine how eight survivors from the 9/11 attacks learn to cope with grief and find peace on Despite hun circumstances.
Martin spreads re views on feminism and family friendly workplaces through the medium of the Internet . She Contributed as a co-editor to Feministing.com, the Toilets feminist blog from 2004 Until Recently.  Martin is now a weekly columnist for On Being .  Her work kan ook be found on sites zoals YES! Magazine , The New York Times , and TED talks . Martin has leg a co-founder to numerous online organizations, zoals Valenti Martin Media and #femfuture, welke aim to break the boundaries of traditional views towards women.  Martin ook Contributes to mainstream websites zoals the Huffington Post.  Martin have died a Senior Correspondent for The American Prospect Online. She has penned a number of articles on the site, including: “The Problem with Youth Activism” and “Why Class Matters in Campus Activism”.   In synthesis two articles, Martin discusses the way America’s youth has lost the outrage and civil disobedience of previous generations in favor of school Sanctioned demonstrations, and how the American youth today do not display the robust activism therein United Kingdom students port Recently displayed Regarding school tuition budget cuts.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Martin, Courtney E. “Courtney Martin: This Is not Her Mother’s Feminism.” TED. TED
- Jump up^ “The Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity” . www.eliewieselfoundation.org . Retrieved 2015-10-13 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f Martin, Courtney E. “Courtney E. Martin – Author / Speaker / Blogger.” Courtney E. Martin – Author / Speaker / Blogger. Courtney E. Martin, nd Web. March 4, 2015.
- Jump up^ https://poptech.org/people/courtney_martin
- Jump up^ Martin, Courtney E. “Courtney E. Martin.” MAKERS. Makers, nd Web. March 4, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Martin, Courtney E. “A Family of ENRAGED and Impassioned Women.” YES! Magazine. YES! Magazine, August 18, 2004. Web. March 4, 2015.
- Jump up^ Martin, Courtney E. “Letter to My Mother.” The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc., November 17, 2011. Web. March 5, 2015.
- Jump up^ Alboher, Marci. “Notes from an Intergenerational Conversation.” The New York Times. The New York Times, March 31, 2008. Web. March 16, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Martin, Courtney. “Generation Overwhelmed.” The American Prospect. np, October 21, 2007. Web. March 16, 2015.
- Jump up^ Martin, Courtney. “Work / Life Balance is Not a Woman’s Issue.” The American Prospect. np, October 23, 2009. Web. March 6, 2015.
- Jump up^ Martin, Courtney E. “Transcending 9 to 5.” The Shriver Report Transcending 9 to 5 Comments. Np, September 11, 2009. Web. March 4, 2015.
- Jump up^ Martin, Courtney E .. “Child Care and the Overwhelmed Parent.” The New York Times. The New York Times, July 24, 2014. Web. March 16, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Martin, Courtney E. “Is Work / Life Balance Possible?” Skirt! .com. Morris Media Network, February 27, 2008. Web. March 16, 2015.
- Jump up^ Feministing. Feministing, nd Web. March 4, 2015
- Jump up^ “Courtney Martin.” On Being. Np, nd Web. March 4, 2015
- Jump up^ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/courtney-e-martin-/
- Jump up^ “The Problem with Youth Activism”http://prospect.org/article/problem-youth-activism-0Retrieved 2015-10-20
- Jump up^ “Why Class Matters in Campus Activism”http://prospect.org/article/why-class-matters-campus-activism-0Retrieved 2015-10-20.