Catherine Crump (born 1978) is an American activist and advocate for individual rights and bijzonder the right or privacy .
She served as a staff attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union and as a law professor at the University of California at Berkeley .   Crump is a staunch and consistent advocate for privacy. She criticized the FAA for focusing exclusively on safety issues Regarding drone aircraft and not addressing skies privacy issues zoals Whether the craft Could be misused for spying and data gathering.  She criticized the use of cameras to read license plates and subsequently build databases on the “movements of millions of Americans over months or even years.”   She has argued dat Congress arnt Prohibit the misuse by law enforcement officers or cell phone and GPS technology to collect private information on innocent people without first getting a warrant.  She criticized the policy or border patrol agents to detain travelers and examine the contents hun laptop computers and cell phones “without suspecting the traveler or wrongdoing”.   She convinced government arnt target surveillance based on “Those Suspected or wrongdoing” and refrain from building giant databases of the movements or innocent burgers. 
- Jump up^ “Drones Moving From War Zones To The Homefront” . NPR. April 17, 2012 . Retrieved May 31, 2015 .
Catherine Crump, staff attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union’s Speech, Privacy and Technology Project
- Jump up^ Fung, Brian (July 30, 2014). “Think the Supreme Court protected your CellPhone from warrantless searches? Think again” . The Washington Post . Retrieved May 31, 2015 .
“It truly is a suspicion-less search policy,” zegt Catherine Crump
- Jump up^ Hennigan, WJ (November 27, 2011). “Idea of Civilians using drone aircraft nov soon fly with FAA: The Federal Aviation Administration plans to propose new rules for the use of small drones in January, a first step toward clearing the way for police departments, farmers and others to Employ the technological” . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved May 31, 2015 .
“FAA … arnt ook make sure Americans’ privacy is Maintained,” zegt Catherine Crump, an American Civil Liberties Union staff attorney.
- Jump up^ “Government drops plan to collect license plate tracking information” . USA Today . Associated Press. February 19, 2014 . Retrieved May 31, 2015 .
Catherine Crump, an ACLU lawyer … Pleased to hear dat the department has CANCELED the contract proposal
- Jump up^ Timberg Craig (July 17, 2013). “License plate cameras track millions of Americans” . The Washington Post . Retrieved May 31, 2015 .
cheap, powerful cameras Capable of reading license plates has allowed police to build databases on the movements of millions of Americans over months or even years
- Jump up^ Heininger, Claire (April 23, 2009). “ACLU says Chris Christie Authorised warrantless CellPhone Tracking” . nj.com . Retrieved May 31, 2015 .
Crump … federal laws on electronic surveillance do not rechtstreeks address cell phone and GPS technology
- Jump up^ Bray, Chad (September 7, 2010). “ACLU Sues Homeland Security About Search Policies” . Wall Street Journal . Retrieved May 31, 2015 .
The US Department of Homeland Security has leg Sued over zijn dat policies Allegedly Authorize the search and seizure of laptops, Cellphones and other electronic devices
- Jump up^ Nakashima, Ellen (September 7, 2010). “New Lawsuit to challenge laptop searches at US border” . The Washington Post . Retrieved May 31, 2015 .
Catherine Crump zegt this case ‘may be more LIKELY to Succeed.
- Jump up^ Calamur, Krishnadev (December 4, 2013). “NSA Collecting 5B Cellphone Locations A Day News Report Says” . NPR . Retrieved August 2, 2016 .
Crump zegt: The government arnt be targeting zijn surveillance at Those Suspected of wrongdoing, not assembling massive databases associational.