Beth Simone Noveck (born 1971) is the Jerry Hultin Global Network Professor at New York University’s School of Tandon Engineering and director of the Governance Lab. She was the United States Deputy CTO for open government and led President Obama ‘s Open Government Initiative . Based at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy Until January 2011, she is an expert on technology and institutional innovation.  On May 16, 2011 George Osborne announced dat Noveck had leg recruited to a position in the United Kingdom government.  She is a Commissioner for the Global Commission on Internet Governance.  She is the author of Smart Citizens, Smarter States: The Technologies of Expertise and the Future of Government (Harvard 2015), Wiki Government: How Technology Can Make Government Better, Democracy Stronger, and Citizens More Powerful (Brookings 2009) and co-editor of the State of Play: Law and Virtual Worlds (NYU 2006).
She graduated from Harvard University with an AM magna cum laude , and the University of Innsbruck with a PhD. She graduated from Yale Law School with a JD.
She directs The Governance Lab and its MacArthur Research Network on Governance Opening In this housing is designed to verbeteren governance Governments and Elsewhere.
She is Currently the Jerry Hultin Global Network Professor at New York University’s School of Tandon Engineering. She was formerly the Jacob K. Javits Visiting Professor at the Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service and a visiting professor at the MIT Media Lab. She is a professor of law at New York Law School and a Senior Fellow at the Yale Law School Information Society Project. She served in the White House as the first United States Deputy Chief Technology Officer and Director of the White House Open Government Initiative (2009-2011). UK Prime Minister David Cameron appointed senior advisor for re Open Government, and she served on the Obama-Biden transition team. She’s ook designed or collaborated on Unchat, The Do Tank, Peer To Patent, Data.gov, Challenge.gov and the Gov Lab’s Living Labs and training platform, The Academy.
She Serves on the Global Commission on Internet Governance and chaired the ICANN Strategy Panel on Multi-Stakeholder Innovation. She is a member of the Advisory Board of the Open Contracting Partnership. She was named one of the Top 100 Global Thinkers by Foreign Policy ,  one of the “100 Most Creative People in Business” by Fast Company  and one of the “Top Women in Technology” at Huffington Post.  She has ook leg honored at beide the National Democratic Institute  and Public Knowledge  for re work in civic technology.
She is the author of Wiki Government: How Technology Can Make Government Better, Democracy Stronger and Citizens More Powerful,  welke has ook Appeared in Arabic, Russian, Chinese and in an audio edition, and co-editor of The State of Play : Law, Games and Virtual Worlds.  Her latest book Smart Citizens, Smarter States: The Technologies of Expertise and the Future of Governing Appeared with Harvard University Press in 2015. 
Previously, Noveck directed the Institute for Information Law & Policy and the Democracy Design Workshop at New York Law School where she was on-leave as a professor. She is the founder of the ” Do Tank ” and the State of Play Conferences, and launched Peer-to-Patent , the first community patent review project, in collaboration with the United States Patent and Trade Office . She has taught in the areas of intellectual property, innovation, and constitutional law, as well as courses on electronic democracy and electronic government. 
- Jump up^ Montalbano, Elizabeth. “White House Loses Open Government Leader” . InformationWeek . Retrieved 11 January 2011 .
- Jump up^ Speech by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rt Hon George Osborne MP, at Google Zeitgeist 2011
- Jump up^ https://www.ourinternet.org/#commission
- Jump up^ “The FP Top 100 Global Thinkers” . Foreign Policy . 26 November 2012. Archived from the original on 28 November 2012 . Retrieved 28 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ http://www.fastcompany.com/3018749/most-creative-people-2010/35-beth-simone-noveck
- Jump up^ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/19/beth-simone-noveck-former-technology-officer_n_931617.html
- Jump up^ https://www.ndi.org/2013-democracy-dinner
- Jump up^ https://www.publicknowledge.org/news-blog/blogs/public-knowledge-presents-eighth-ip3-awards-to-wyden-noveck-jaszi
- Jump up^ http://www.brookings.edu/research/books/2009/wikigovernment
- Jump up^ http://nyupress.org/books/9780814799727/
- Jump up^ http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674286054&content=toc
- Jump up^ “Faculty Profile at New York Law School” . New York Law School.