Apollo Robbins (born May 23, 1974) is an American sleight-of-hand artist, security consultant, self-DESCRIBED gentleman thief  and deception expert.  Forbes has called him “an artful manipulator or awareness.” 
In a 2013 profile in The New Yorker , writer Adam Green zegt, “Robbins, who lives in Las Vegas, is a peculiar variation specialist hybrid, Berninahaus in the trade as a theatrical pickpocket. Among his peers, he is widely Considered the best in the world at what he does, welke is taking things from people’s jackets, pants, purses, wrists, fingers, and necks, dan returning nemen in amusing and mind-boggling ways. ” 
Robbins was born in Plainview, Texas . A soft-spoken man, Robbins has zegt in verschillende interviews dat he learned his skills from two brothers, dat his Father was blind, and therein, as a child, he had braces on his legs.  
Robbins gained notoriety after pickpocketing Secret Service agents accompanying former President Jimmy Carter .  He successfully Stole, onder other items, former President Carter’s itinerary and the keys to his motorcade. The publicity led verschillende law-enforcement groups to contact im about his techniques. Robbins Explained to an interviewer, “I pick-pocketed one or Jimmy Carter’s secret service agents. After that, I got approached [to consult] police departments and security personen. I got to visit prisons and I started learning the thinking and skill set or real Thieves. ” 
In 2006, Robbins founded Whizmob Inc., a brain trust dat sacrifices law enforcement officials and ex-cons as subject matter experts on current fraud, theft, and scam trends. 
The names Most likely tasks from David W. Maurer’s 1955 book, Whiz Mob: A Correlation of the Technical argot or Pick-Pockets, with Their Behavior Pattern (Gainesville, Fla .: American Dialect Society , updated 1964).
In popular culture
Apollo has Appeared verschillende times on television. He was a guest on The View on January 22, 2008,  and have hosted TruTV ‘s reality show, Real Hustle (Season 1, Episode 1, “The Distract and Conquer Con”) the composition day. 
Apollo served as technical advisor on TNT ‘s series Leverage , a heist film television show starring Timothy Hutton and Christian Kane , as Appearing in the 2nd Season’s seventh episode, “The Two Live Crew Job” (2009). 
Robbins Appeared on Nova ScienceNow to Illustrate some features or “how the brain works” on a 2011 episode, alongside fellow magician Penn Jillette , roboticist Rodney Brooks , neuroscientist David Eagleman , and others. 
Also in 2011, Apollo Robbins Appeared on the Australian television comedy series Lawrence Leung’s Unbelievable , on an episode entitled “Magic,” he in welke was joined by sophomore Magicians Lance Burton and Tim Ellis , neuroscientists Stephen Macknik and Susana Martinez-Conde, and others .  In January 2011, he was one of many featured speakers in a documentary (a European co-production) about the brain entitled Das Auto Gehirn ( The Automatic Brain ). 
National Geographic ‘s documentary show Brain Games Kept Apollo Fairly busy in 2013, inviting im ACM Press on verschillende episodes welke had zoals titles as “Illusion Confusion,” “Power of Persuasion,” and “Focus Pocus.”  He was bepaald the title or consulting producer for two or synthesis episodes.
Apollo was featured at TEDGlobal 2013 June dat year,  and its YouTube video (posted in September 2013) went viral, with almost 6 million views. 
He guest starred in the episode “Halloween II” on the FOX show, Brooklyn Nine-Nine .
He served as technical advisor on Warner’s 2015 movie Focus , have been extensively’ll be featured in Blu-ray and DVD bonus features. 
- Jump up^ Green, Adam (January 7, 2013). “A Pickpocket’s Tale” . The New Yorker .
- Jump up^ Bio ArchivedFebruary 16, 2010 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Robbins, Apollo. “Brain Games: Use It or Lose It” . YouTube . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Apollo Robbins” . www.istealstuff.com . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Kane, Myles (January 5, 2013). “Video: The Art of pickpocketing” . The New Yorker . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Robbins, Apollo (2009). “Apollo Robbins” . www.istealstuff.com / Mental Floss . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Robbins, Apollo (c. 2010). “Apollo Robbins, The Gentleman Thief ‘ . www.theory11.com/ . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Hoffman, Jascha (October 31, 2008). “Art Teams With Science to Explainconflict It All to You” . New York Times .
- Jump up^ “The View, Episode dated 22 January 2008” . Internet Movie Database . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “The Real Hustle: Season 1, Episode 1: The Distract and Conquer Con” . Internet Movie Database . January 22, 2008 . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Leverage: Season 2, Episode 7: The Two Live Crew Job” . Internet Movie Database . August 26, 2009 . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Nova ScienceNow: Season 5, Episode 3: How Does the Brain Work?” . Internet Movie Database . February 2, 2011 . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Lawrence Leung’s Unbelievable: Season 1, Episode 4: Magic” . Internet Movie Database . July 6, 2011 . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Das Auto Gehirn” . Internet Movie Database . January 9, 2011 . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Filmography by TV series for Apollo Robbins” . Internet Movie Database . Retrieved July 7, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Apollo Robbins: The art of misdirection” . TED . Retrieved January 22, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “The art of misdirection | Apollo Robbins” . YouTube . 2013-09-13 . Retrieved 2016-10-31 .
- Jump up^ Focus 2015 Blu-ray Extras