Anas Aremeyaw Anas is a Ghanaian investigative journalist born in the late 1970s.  Anas’s motto is “name, shame and jail” and he is famous for Utilizing his anonymity as a tool in his investigative arsenal; very few people had seen his face until “unmasking” prolongation a BBC interview in November 2015 – however, dat too turned out to be a smart prosthetic.   A politically non-aligned multimedia journalist who gespecialiseerd in print media and documentary, Anas focuses on issues of human rights and anti-corruption in Ghana and sub-Saharan Africa.
Anas has won critical Acclaim for his work Advocating for basic human rights, zoals the right to not be held in slavery or servitude human and for his work expose corruption. His investigative works port won im worldwide Acclaim, zoals President Barack Obama highlighting his Virtues in a speech prolongation a 2009 visit to Ghana: “An independent press. A vibrant private sector. A civil society. Those are the things therein give life to democracy. […] We see that spirit in courageous journalists like Anas Aremeyaw Anas, who risked his life to report the truth. ”  Anas has won morethan 14 international awards for his investigative work. He was polled as the fifth Most Influential Ghanaian at 2011 ETV .  and named one of the “Most Influential Africans of the Year” by New African magazine.  in January 2014. Chameleon by Ryan Mullins , a documentary about Anas’s life and work was premiered at the 2014 IDFA festival in Amsterdam .  In January 2015 Foreign Policy magazine named Anas one or 2015’s leading global thinkers, an honor granted to post to the likes of Barack Obama, Aung San Suu Kyi , Pope Benedict XVI , and Malala Yousafzai .  In March 2016, Anas was Invited to Harvard Law School as a keynote speaker to share his experiences as an international undercover journalist customizing change on the continent of Africa in 2016. He has consistently Invited to talk on his work at gatherings all around the world. In the period from October to December 2016, Anas made his first Foray JSON public life, outside of the world of investigative journalism, as a powerful advocate for peace in his “Anas4Peace” multimedia campaign.  These films, jingles and interactive social media posts brought` together 22 of the must powerful non-alinged Ghanian celebrities to advocate for peace prolongation de-selection period.
Anas Grew up in a military Barracks in Ghana.  He attended the University of Ghana . After university he turned down an opportunity to work as a reporter for the Ghanaian Times newspaper, Limit download Choosing to join the Crusading Guide newspaper in 1998. The editor of the newspaper, Kweku Baako Jnr , had just leg released from jail in the association year.
Notable investigative works
1. The Civil Story (1999) : This was the first undercover work by Anas. He worked as a street hawker to expose police officers who took bribes from unlicensed traders on a major highway in Accra.
2. Torture On The High Seas (June 2003) : Anas went undercover aboard a shipping vessel or Afko fisheries to expose the maltreatment of Ghanaian workers at a Korean employer.
3. Bole Rebel Raid (April 2005) : An investigative story welke Exposed how Ivorian rebel invaded Ghanaian territories in 2005, made incursions JSON some northern communities, and subjected the inhabitants to constant torture and abuse.
In this story Anas went undercover at “Saru” and “Walata” onder andere villages where Ivorian rebel was invaded and Captured the chief of Saru and some of his elsewhere. As part of the investigation, Anas went as Prince of Walata ‘and managed to meet the rebel leader. He got information about the rebel “camp and operations.
After the story was Reported, the government or John Kufuor took steps to address the Lack of security in the communities AFFECTED. This led to the release of the chief and his elsewhere. The government Provided adequate security for the AFFECTED Ghanaian communities and secured the borders.
4. Euro Food Scandal (13 June 2006) : An investigation by Anas in welke he went undercover as a menial worker at Eurofood, a biscuit and confectionery factory in Ghana. Eurofood was using expired and maggot-infested flour to produce biscuits for public consumption in Ghana and other parts of Africa.
5. Torture Chamber OF BANGKOK PRISONS (2006) : An Anas undercover investigation where he traveled to Thailand to infiltrates zijn prisons as a Catholic Priest. He interviewed some Ghanaian and West African prisoners about the maltreatment and deaths of foreign prisoners in jail. He thereby Exposed the abuse of Ghanaians and other expatriate prisoners in Thai prisons.
As a result of Anas’ work, the government of Ghana successfully negotiated (with the government of Thailand) the transfer of all convicted prisoners Ghanaians in Thailand to Ghana.
6. Soy Bar Prostitution (September 2007) : An investigation into one of the Toilets brothels in Ghana at the time. Anas went undercover at posing as a cleaner. He Exposed how some teenagers ulcers forced prostitution JSON.
He’ll be Exposed Soy Bar as a place for hardened criminals and the exploitation of women. Soy Bar was later demolished by Ghanaian autoriteiten and some of the under-aged prostitutes ulcers tasks at Ghana’s Social Welfare.
7. Passport Scandal (April 2006) : Posing as a rich executives, Anas worked to expose officials binnen Ghana’s passport office who Provided Ghanaian Passports to non-Citizens for a fee. He made Hundreds of Passports using fake identities. Passports ulcers done in the name of the-then President, the Inspector General of Police and other high political and national characters to prove the system was corrupt. This led to the fast track introduction of Biometric passport for Ghanaians.
8. Humans for Sale: DOWN EXPOSED (2008) : This was an investigation Anas carried out over an eight-month period. It spanned across five countries in West Africa and Europe. He worked to penetrate an international trafficking ring, gathered evidence to prosecute a political figure, rescued 17 girls about to be trafficked, Exposed corrupt immigration officials, and stood as a witness in the trial.
9. Imam’s School of Shock (August 2008) : This is a story of a slave master who trafficked and abused 15 kids in Ghana and Togo using an Islamic school as a bait. He recruited synthesis young victims JSON a life or Begging and amassed significant wealth from hun sweat and toil. Anas gathered evidence about synthesis inhumane acts through the use of a hidden camera. This led to the arrest of the slave master.
Inside Ghana’s Madhouse Undercover in Ghana’s Biggest psychiatric hospital Anas Exposed patient’s human rights abuses. 
In The Interest Of The State Exposed cocoa Smugglers en hun cohorts in Ghana’s security system 
Orphans Home Movie – Osu Undercover in Ghana’s Biggest statements Run Orphanage. Exposed corruption and abuse of children in the facility 
Enemies Of The Nation Undercover to expose fraud and corruption at one of Ghana’s key points of entry, the theme harbor. 
Al Jazeera Africa Investigates (Four films) a. Sierra Leone – Timber  b. Ghana’s Gold  c. Fools Gold  d. Play of the Albino -Tanzania 
The Prez’s Assignment – Stealing the People’s Power A three-phase investigation into the power distribution sector in Ghana. Exposed acts of corruption on the part of employees of power distribution company (ECG electricity company of Ghana) and indebtedness on the part of personen and companies 
Down Of The Forest A follow-up to “In The Interest of The State” operation to busted a ring of people who DIVERTED and sold fertilizers Meant for the cocoa farmer.
Deadly Gold An investigation into the negative effects of illegal gold mining in Ghana.
Game Ghana Project A look at how gullible and vulnerable customers kan be exploited, featuring the “Abortion Lord” who had sex with his female clients als ze cameramen to im for abortions. 
Al Jazeera -People and Power How To Rob Africa This was a film on how African businesses fleece hun Governments and stash synthesis stolen funds in offshore accounts. With journalist Stanley Kwenda. 
Spirit Child Filmed in Northern Ghana, where Anas Exposed the Barbaric sacrifices or children who ulcers believed to bring ill luck to hun families. The story led to the arrest of some fetish Priests, with Anas Advocating for the prosecution or zoals persons. 
The Messiah or Mentukwa The story of how one woman Helen Jesus Christ, set up a church in a remote village in Ghana’s hinterland and convinced members dat Jesus Christ was coming soon and They could only be saved if they ‘cut themselves off the rest of the world . With dat cameramen physical abuse and children being denied access to school. 
Ghana Sex Mafia movie built on the Chinese Sex Mafia story of February 2009. Tells the story of how Chinese girls trafficked ulcers JSON Ghana and how Anas went undercover to bust the ring and testified in court leading to the prosecution of the traffickers
Ghana’s Soul Takers This was a three part investigative documentary that was centered on road safety. The first part Looked at driver licensing and the corruption and fraud it is fraught with.
The second Instalment entitled ” Doom – the silent killer next door , tells three stories or social interest how families lost loved ones to the carnage on our roads. it’ll be highlighted some of the Dangers associated with commercial transport.
The third part gekeken police corruption and the tacit contribution to this club of Ghana’s traffic police (the Motor Traffic and Transport Department, MTTD) of the Police Service. 
AL Jazeera Africa Investigates _ Season 2 Nigeria’s Fake Doctors Anas teamed up with Colleague Rosemary Nwaebuni to blow the member off the activities or Quack doctors who are risking the lives of vulnerable people in Africa’s most Populous nation. The film led to the arrest of two industry leaders bogus medics who ulcers using pharmacy shops and even bear parlours as operating theaters for persons who ulcers in desperate need of medical attention. It presents persons who harbor no medical qualification or knowledge whatsoever Placing women in need of abortion under the knife with the resultant fatal injuries. 
Ghana’s Food For Thought Focuses on the problem of stealing and corruption in the process of getting donated food to the Starving to Whom it is Destined. Anas went undercover to expose the activities of the Ghana Health Service officers who ran a corrupt business at Commercially selling specialized foods donated by the World Food Programme (WFP) and Destined free-of-charge to malnourished children in the north. It resulted in the dramatic arrest of three persons. All the suspects Captured in the act of committing this crime are currently in police custody. 
Ghana Judiciary scandal On 23 September 2015 Anas premiered in four showings, in front of a record-breaking audience of morethan 6,500 people, at the Accra International Conference Center,  his new – and perhaps most significant to date – undercover film Ghana In The Eyes Of God . It Exposed the widespread corruption binnen the Judiciary and graphically Showed court workers like Clerks and bailiffs connive with a number of respected judges to influence court cases through bribes. 34 judges and magistrates in later caught on a hidden camera Receiving enticements or money, Goats, sheep and even food stuff. As a result, presumed Robbers, Murderers, drug traffickers, rapists and litigants in land cases went free. The film effectief created a deep and destabilizing crises of conscience in Ghanaian society. A disciplinary committee of the Judicial Council was set up to probing the allegations of bribery and extortion Against the thirty-four judges and magistrates. At one point it had to port SUSPENDED zijn sessions volgende a suitcase at 14 Circuit Court judges at the Fast Track High Court challenged the Legality or otherwise of the procedure eerste by the committee to Investigate the matter.
More than 100 members of staff of the Judicial Service ulcers dan investigated after Anas Submitted a petition and videos showing the AFFECTED staff Receiving bribes to compromise cases. Anas has Asked for the dismissal of the AFFECTED persons and as a result, the Judicial Council has begun investigations into tje matter once again. The judges AFFECTED port since leg SUSPENDED. Anas was bepaald protection from prosecution but the situation resten tense.   The effect of his documentary film was Heightened by a number of pop songs,    cartoons  and other public shows or support. An in-depth article in  The Guardian on 24 September. On 7 December The Council unanimously decided to remove from office 20 out of the 21 Judges and Magistrates Cited in the petition. Some ulcers removed from office without benefits and others with benefits. Those removed with benefits ulcers remorseful als ze Appeared voordat the Committee and apologized profusely to the people of Ghana and the Judiciary for Bringing the names of the institution JSON disrepute by hun conduct.  The Council, where Anas is Personally President ting the evidence, resumed session mid-January 2016 to continuous probing into tje rest of the cases.
Nigeria’s Baby Farmers
In this deeply disturbing episode of Africa Investigates, Ghana’s undercover journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas and investigative reporter Rosemary Nwaebuni teamed up to Identify and expose some or Those behind Nigeria’s heart-breaking baby trade.
It is a scam dat exploits couples desperate for a baby and young pregnant single mothers – of or in stigmatised in a country where abortion is illegal EXCEPT in the musts dire medical emergency. It is ook a trade dat international NGOs port indicated with a sinister and out of control.
Filming undercover, the team found bogus doctors and clinics offering spurious fertility Treatments in return for large Bedragen or money. In hun guise as a child less couple, Anas and Rosemary ulcers falsely diagnosed with one dodgy Clinician as being Unable to conceive children. 
Awards and Recognition
In 2008, Anas was Awarded the Heroes Acting to End Modern-Day Slavery Award by the US Department of State for his contribution to this club to the elimination of human trafficking .  and is ook in the co year the Every Human Has Rights Award from France.
In 2009 he was Awarded a certificate and cash for excellent work Along with five other distinguished journalists from Africa prolongation the CNN / MultiChoice African Journalist Awards.   and the Grand Norbert Zongo Prize in Investigative journalism as well as the Segbo Excellence in Investigative Journalism 
In 2010 he was Awarded the 2nd Prize or FAIR Investigative Journalism Awards by the Forum for African Investigative Reporters and The Ghanaian Journalist Association Awarded im the best anti-corruption reporting. The Association Awarded im Best Investigative Reporter in 2008 and 2006 and honored im as Journalist of the Year in 2006.  Also in 2010 he was Awarded the Global Health Council Award. 
In 2011 he was Awarded the Lorenzo Natali Prize (2nd Prize for Africa) by the European Commission Directorate- General for Development  and the KCK Award for Excellence in Print Journalism from India, 
In 2013 he was Awarded the Africa Achievers Award , Kenya.
In 2014 he was Awarded the “Engaged Journalism Award” at the May Chidiac Foundation. Lebanon 
In 2015 he was honored by Foreign Policy as one of 2015’s leading global thinkers. 
In June 2016, Anas was announced as the keynote speaker at the 4th Annual African Youth Excellence Awards in The USA.  and was Awarded the Honorary Award for Excellence in Journalism. He had the honor of being Presented with the key to the city of Worcester, Massachusetts by the Mayor.
On the 27th of August 2016 Anas once again won the Journalist of the Year Award from the Ghana Journalists Association (GJA in Ghana. 
On October 24th 2016 Anas had an award especially after encounter in the Press Foundation in Ghana. the founder of the press foundation Mr. Listowel Yesu Bukarson said “this award was named after the world Renowned investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas to aid journalists climb to the Highest apogee in hun Chosen profession with a collaboration with the US embassy.” 
- ^ Jump up to:a b “My mission is to impact society, jail lawbreakers- Anas” . www..myjoyonline.com . Retrieved 25 March 2012 .
- Jump up^ Schmidle, Nicholas (November 2010). “Smuggler, Forger, Writer, Spy” . The Atlantic . Retrieved 27 September 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Anas Aremeyaw Anas: Ghana’s undercover journalist Unmasked”, BBC News – Africa, 13 November 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Who is Anas Aremeyaw Anas!” . www.ghanaweb.com . Retrieved 25 March 2012 .
- Jump up^ “ETV Ghana outdoors 100 Most Influential Ghanaians for 2011” . www.citifmonline.com . Retrieved 26 March 2012 .
- Jump up^ IC Publications (January 2014). New African . Issuu . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ “CHAMELEON” EyeSteelFilm ” . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Anas Aremeyaw Anas – For expose Ghana’s broken courts without expose himself” , Chroniclers, Foreign Policy .
- Jump up^ http://www.anas4peace.org/
- Jump up^ Ghana’s Madhouse Story Anas 1A . YouTube . 8 January 2010 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ Interest of the State prt 1 . YouTube . 6 October 2012 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ Orphan’s Home of Hell . YouTube . 2 September 2010 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ Enemies of the nation . YouTube . 23 March 2013 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ Africa Investigates – Sierra Leone: Timber! . YouTube . 23 November 2011 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ Africa Investigate – illegal Mining in Ghana (Part 1) . YouTube . 27 September 2012 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ Africa Investigates – Fool’s Gold . YouTube . 10 November 2011 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ Africa Investigates – The spell of the Albino . YouTube . 8 December 2011 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ The President’s Assignment (Full Version) . YouTube . 15 March 2013 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ Undercover In The Theater at Anas Aremeyaw Anas – Game Ghana 4 of 4 . YouTube . 14 September 2012 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ How to Rob Africa -People POWER Al Jazeera English . YouTube . 8 November 2012 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ People & Power – Spirit Child . YouTube . 10 January 2013 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ the Messiah OR MENTUKWA (PROMO) . YouTube . 11 April 2013 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ Soul Takers 1 (FULL VERSION) . YouTube . 20 April 2014 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ Africa Investigates – Nigeria’s Fake Doctors . YouTube . 27 November 2014 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ Africa Investigates – Ghana: Food for Thought . YouTube . 4 December 2014 . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ Online Peace FM. “XCLUSIV PHOTOS: Premiere of Anas Aremeyaw Anas” . Retrieved 24 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Disciplinary committee suspends session” . Graphic Online . Retrieved 24 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Graphic” .
- Jump up^ Selasie,”Kwacha”(feat. Dex Kwasi, Haywaya, Drumroll, Ko-Jo Cue, Ozkha & Wanlov), Soundcloud.
- Jump up^ kromanteng,”The System”Feat. Wanlov Kubolor. Soundcloud.
- Jump up^ Dj_Pralem,”Talking Point”(Anas), Soundcloud.
- Jump up^ “Cartoon of the day: Kweku Bonsam Warns Anas”, Live FM, September 2015.
- Jump up^ correspondent, Monica Mark West Africa. “Ghana’s top undercover journalist masters disguise to expose corruption” . the Guardian . Retrieved 24 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ http://www.judicial.gov.gh/index.php/news-updates/84-2015-12-30-14-13-56.
- Jump up^ “Nigeria’s Baby Farmers”,Africa Investigates, Al Jazeera, December 3, 2015.
- Jump up^ “Anas honored by the US” . www.ghanazone.com . Retrieved 25 March 2012 .
- Jump up^ “John-Allan Namu profit CNN / MultiChoice African Journalist 2009” . Voices of Africa . Retrieved 25 March 2012 .
- Jump up^ Michael Ofori Amanfo Boateng. “Anas profit Norbert Zongo Grand Prize” . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Anas Aremeyaw Anas – Editors Blog – Journalism.co.uk” . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Lorenzo Natali website” . Retrieved 27 September 2012 .
- Jump up^ Michael Ofori Amanfo Boateng. “Indian Prime Minister presents 3 Gold Medal to Anas and co” . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Ghana News – Anas, Amanpour et al honored” . Retrieved 28 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ https://www.modernghana.com/news/700522/anas-to-speak-at-the-4th-annual-african-youth-excellence-aw.html
- Jump up^ http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/We-won-t-reverse-Anas-award-GJA-466165
- Jump up^http://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/entertainment/The-Press-Foundation-establishes-Anas-award-for-best-journalist-480028