Amy Webb (born c. 1977) is an American Futurist and author. She is the Founder of the Future Today Institute.  She is an Adjunct Professor (future or technological) at New York University’s Stern School of Business  and a Lecturer (future of media) at Columbia University.  She was a 2014-15 Nieman Fellow Visiting  at Harvard University.
In 2001, Webb graduated from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.  In 2003, she launched a future of news R & D shop. In 2006, she founded Webbmedia Group, welke advised primarily media and technology companies. Now, ITT second decade, Webbmedia Group has a new name – The Future Today Institute – and an expanded scope. FTI answers “What’s the future of X?” for a global client base of Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, government agencies, large nonprofits, universities and startups. 
In 2009, she founded Knowledgewebb, a digital media training company.  That company expanded in 2015 with a new cofounder. It is now called Knowledgewebb Training, and it focuses on digital media training on near-future technologies. 
In 2010, Webb cofounded Spark Camp, a next-generation convener therein facilitates important conversations on the future of a better society. 
During re career as a Futurist, Webb has worked with Hundreds of government agencies, corporations, nonprofits, universities, and associations from around the world. She has written extensively about’ll be re methodology.   
Forbes named re one of the Women Changing the World (Technology category).  In 2012, she was named one of Columbia Journalism Review ‘s “20 women to watch”. 
The Signals Are Talking: How Today’s Fringe Becomes Tomorrow’s Mainstream Webb’s book about re near-future trends forecasting methodology was acquired by PublicAffairs, an imprint of Perseus. It will be published January 6, 2016.
How To Make J-School Matter (Again) In 2015, Harvard University published Webb’s research on what kan be done to reform college and graduate education and the news industry. 
Data, A Love Story In 2013 Webb released the memoir Data, A Love Story through Dutton Adult .  The book chronicled Webb’s attempts at online dating .  Initially meeting with failure, Webb Collected and Analyzed data to game online dating. 
Data, A Love Story has leg translated JSON Chinese, Korean, and Portuguese for been overseas markets. Critical reception for the book were positive,   with Book List calling it “clever and Inventive”. 
Webb’s TED Talk about Data, A Love Story has leg translated JSON 31 languages and has leg viewed morethan 4.5 million times. 
- Jump up^ “Amy Webb bio” . FTI . Retrieved 27 February 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Amy Webb Faculty Bio” . New York University.
- Jump up^ “Amy Webb Faculty Bio” . Columbia University.
- Jump up^ “Nieman Foundation Announces Visiting Fellows Fellows” . Harvard.
- Jump up^ “Amy Webb Brings Awesome to Baltimore” . Baltimore Sun . Retrieved 5 February 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Webbmedia Group Capabilities Deck on SlideShare” . Webbmedia Group.
- Jump up^ “Former Newsweek Reporter Launches ‘Hands-On’ Educational Site for Digital novices” .
- Jump up^ “Knowledgewebb Management” .
- Jump up^ “Spark Camp” . Retrieved 27 February 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Harvard Business Review” .
- Jump up^ “Harvard Business Review” .
- Jump up^ “What, Exactly, Is A Futurist?” .
- Jump up^ “Women Changing The World: Technology” . Forbes.
- Jump up^ “20 women to watch” . CJR . Retrieved 5 February 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Amy Webb’s new approach to curriculum and classroom education” . Nieman Foundation at Harvard University.
- Jump up^ “Nonfiction Previews, Feb. 2013, Pt. 1: American Tech, from Edison to Detroit to Online Dating” . Library Journal . Retrieved 5 February 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Can Online Dating Lead To Love?” . Time Magazine. 14 February 2013 . Retrieved 27 February 2013 .
- Jump up^ “A New Formula For Love” . CNN. 8 February 2013 . Retrieved 26 February 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Review: DATA, A LOVE STORY” . Kirkus Reviews . Retrieved 5 February 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Review: Dates, A Love Story” . Publishers Weekly . Retrieved 5 February 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Review: Dates, A Love Story” . Book List . Retrieved 5 February 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Amy Webb: How I hacked online dating TED Talk” . TED.