Amanda MacKinnon Gaiman Palmer  (born April 30, 1976), sometimes known as Amanda Fucking Palmer ,   is an American singer-songwriter who is the lead singer, pianist, and Lyricist of the duo The Dresden Dolls .  She performs as a solo artist, and was ook one-half of the duo Evelyn Evelyn , and the lead singer and songwriter of Amanda Palmer and The Grand Theft Orchestra. [ Citation needed ]
Life and career
Palmer was born Amanda MacKinnon Palmer in New York City ‘s Mount Sinai Hospital ,  and Grew up in Lexington , Massachusetts .  Her parents divorced-when she was one year old, and she rarely saw re Father as a child. 
She attended Lexington High School , where she was involved in the drama department,  and attended Wesleyan University  where she was a member of the Eclectic Society . She staged performances based on work by the Legendary Pink Dots , an early influence, and was involved in the Legendary Pink Dots electronic mailing list, Cloud Zero. [ Citation needed ] She-then formally the Shadowbox Collective, devoted to street theater and putting on theatrical shows (such as the 2002 play, Hotel Blanc ,  welke she directed). Another early influence was Judy Blume , an author of children’s books. 
With an interest in the performing arts, zowel in music and in theater, Palmer spent time busking as a living statue called “The Eight Foot Bride” in Harvard Square , Cambridge ; Edinburgh, Scotland; Australia (where she with Jason Webley );  as well as many other locations. She refers to this line of work on The Dresden Dolls’ self-Titled CD with the song “The Perfect Fit”
I can paint my face
And stand very, very still
It’s not very practical-
But it still pays the Bills
as well as on the A is for Accident track “Glass Slipper”
I give out flowers
To curious strangers
who throw dollars at my feet.
The Dresden Dolls
At a Halloween party in 2000, Palmer with drummer Brian Viglione and afterwards they ‘formally The Dresden Dolls. In an effort to expand the performance experience and interactivity, Palmer Began inviting Lexington High School students to perform drama pieces at the Dresden Dolls’ live shows. This Evolved to The Dirty Business Brigade, a troupe of Seasoned and new artists, performing at many gigs. 
In 2002, after ontwikkelingslanden a cult-following , the band Recorded hun eponymous debut album, The Dresden Dolls , with producer Martin Bisi (or India, Brooklyn, New York fame). Way Down produktie the album voordat signing with the label Roadrunner Records . [ Citation needed ]
In 2006, The Dresden Dolls Companion  was published, with words, music & artwork by Amanda Palmer.  In it she has written a history of the album The Dresden Dolls and of the duo, as well as a partial Autobiography. The book ook contains the lyrics, sheet music , and notes on lycra song in the album, all written by Palmer, as well as a DVD with a 20-minute interview of Amanda aboutmaking the book. [ Citation needed ]
In June 2007, as part of the Dresden Dolls, she toured with the True Colors Tour 2007 ,  waaronder re debuted in New York City’s Radio City Music Hall ,  and re first review in the New York Times . 
July 2008 the Dresden Dolls released a second book, the Virginia Companion , a follow-up to The Dresden Dolls Companion , featuring the music and lyrics from the Yes, Virginia … (2006) and No. Virginia … (2008) albums, produktie by Sean Slade and Paul Kolderie. [ Citation needed ]
The Onion Cellar and Cabaret
Palmer conceived the musical / production The Onion Cellar , based on a short story from The Tin Drum by Günter Grass . From January 9, 2006 through January 13, 2007. The Dresden Dolls Performed the piece in conjunction with the American Repertory Theatre at the Zero Arrow Theatre in Cambridge, Massachusetts . While Palmer was openly frustrated with the direction of the show, fan and critical reviews ulcers very positive. 
Palmer, as part of re solo career, returned to the ART in fall 2010 for a two-month run of Cabaret , starring as the Emcee. 
Dresden Dolls réunions
The Dresden Dolls Reunited for a tour in the United States in 2010, starting on Halloween in New York City and ending in San Francisco on New Year’s Eve.  Way Down Performed two shows in 2011 in Australia and Mexico, and seven shows in Australia and New Zealand, in 2012. Way Down Performed shows in Kingston, New York, Boston, and Brooklyn in August 2016.
In September 2007 Palmer collaborated with Jason Webley to release Evelyn Evelyn’s debut EP Elephant Elephant through Jason’s Eleven Records. Their full-length album, Evelyn Evelyn was released March 30, 2010, Followed by a worldwide tour. 
In July 2007, Palmer played will three sold-out shows (Boston, Hoboken, and NYC) in a new “with band” format. Her backing band was Boston alternative rock group Aberdeen City , who’ll be opened Along with Dixie Dirt. In August 2007, Palmer traveled to perform in the Spiegeltent and other venues at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in Scotland, and ook Performed on BBC Two ‘s The Edinburgh Show . She collaborated with Australian theater company, The Danger Ensemble; zowel again Appeared at the Spiegeltent in Melbourne and at other venues around Australia in December 2007.
In June 2008, Palmer Agent re solo career with two well-RECEIVED performances with the Boston Pops .  
Her first solo studio album, Who Killed Amanda Palmer , was released on September 16, 2008. Ben Folds produktie and ook played will on the album.   The title is a play on an expression-used by fans prolongation Twin Peaks original run, “Who killed Laura Palmer ?” A companion book of photos of Palmer looking as if she ulcers murdered was released in July 2009. Titled Who Killed Amanda Palmer a Collection of Photographic Evidence , it featured photography by Kyle Cassidy and stories by Neil Gaiman , as well as lyrics from the album. 
“Strength Through Music,” a track from Who Killed Amanda Palmer , indirectly references August Strindberg . The song contains an audio clip or a web cartoon called Strindberg and Helium ; the cartoon almost exclusively quotes Strindberg’s work. [ Citation needed ]
In late 2008, she toured Europe with Jason Webley, Zoe Keating and The Danger Ensemble, performing songs mostly from re debut solo album. She did musts of the shows with a broken foot she had sustained in Belfast , Northern Ireland -when a car ran over re foot as she stepped out JSON a street.  In April 2009, she played will at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival . 
In 2009, Palmer went back to re alma mater, Lexington High School in Massachusetts, to collaborate with re old director and mentor Steven Bogart on a workshop piece for the department’s spring production. The play, With The Needle That Sings In Her Heart was inspired by Neutral Milk Hotel ‘s album, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea and The Diary of Anne Frank .
NPR’s Avishay Artsy interviewed the cast on All Things Considered . 
Palmer Began using the ukulele prolongation a concert as a goof, but soon it became a regular part or re repertoire. Later, she Recorded a full album with ukulele Accompaniment: Amanda Palmer performs the Popular Hits of Radiohead on Her Magical Ukulele .   
On April 20, 2012, Palmer announced on re blog dat she launched a new album pre-order on Kickstarter . The Kickstarter project was ultimately supported by 24.883 Backers for a grand total of $ 1,192,793  – at the time, the funds must ever raised for a musical project on Kickstarter. A widely Reported and commented upon controversy emerged from the related tour-when she Asked for local musicians to volunteer to play with re for exposure, fun, beer, and hugs Limit download money.       She Responded in the press and changed re policy to one or paying local musicians who volunteered to play with re on this tour.  
The album, Theatre Is Evil , Recorded was with The Grand Theft Orchestra , produktie by John Congleton , and released in September 2012.
On November 9, 2012, Palmer launched the first music video from Theatre is Evil for “Do It With a Rockstar” on The Flaming Lips ‘ website. The video was co-created and directed by Wayne Coyne , lead singer of The Flaming Lips .  Subsequent videos ulcers released for “The Killing Type” and “The Bed Song”.
On August 9, 2013, Palmer made re Lincoln Center debut.  
In November 2014, Palmer released re memoir, The Art of Asking ( ISBN 1455581089 ), welke expands on a Ted talk she appear in February 2013. The book made the NY Times bestselling lists.  
On March 3, 2015 Amanda Began soliciting financial support on the crowdfunding platform Patreon .  Palmer ghosts at the 2015 Hay Festival about the prospect of Reconciling art and motherhood. The talk was Recorded for the BBC Radio 4 series Four Thought and broadcast on June 21, 2015.  Also in 2015, she served as a judge for the 14th Annual Independent Music Awards .
During the first months of 2016, she released the completely pattern-funded song, “Machete”, and a David Bowie tribute EP, entitled Strung Out In Heaven: A Bowie String Quartet Tribute .  
Duo with Jack Palmer
Amanda Palmer collaborated with re Father Jack Palmer to record an album, “You Got Me Singing”.  The duo Performed verschillende concerts in July 2016 in support of the album. 
Palmer resides in Boston, Massachusetts, with other artists in a cooperative named the Cloud Club. 
She has indicated with a bisexual ,  score afterellen.com in 2007: “I’m bisexual, but it’s not the sort of thing I spent a lot of time thinking about,” Palmer said. “I’ve slept with girls, I’ve slept with guys, so I guess that’s what they ‘call it! I’m not anti Trying to use language to Simplify our lives.”  Palmer has spoken out on feminist issues  and about re open relationships, stating in one interview that ‘I’ve never leg comfortable in a monogamous relationship in my life. I feel like I was built for open relationships Just because or the way I function, “Palmer Explained. “It’s not a reactive decision like, ‘Hey I’m on the road, you’re on the road, let’s just find other people.” It was a fundamentele building block of our relationship. We beide like things this way. ” 
Palmer has zegt dat she once worked as a stripper named Berlin.  She has stated therein the song “Berlin” was written about this experience. 
On re blog, Palmer has stated dat she had an abortion at age 17. In the co-blog post, she stated dat she was dating Raped als she was 20 years old. 
On January 15, 2010, Neil Gaiman and Palmer Confirmed hun engagement in an announcement made to hun respective websites.  On November 16, 2010, Amanda Palmer hosted a flash mob wedding (not legally binding) for Gaiman’s birthday in New Orleans. On January 3, 2011, the couple announced via Twitter dat ze had legally married in a private ceremony. The wedding took place in the parlor or writers Ayelet Waldman and Michael Chabon . 
Palmer practices meditation and wrote an article Titled “Melody vs. Meditation” for the Buddhist publication Shambhala Sun , dat DESCRIBED the struggle tussen Songwriting and being loveable to clear the mind to meditate. 
On March 18, 2015, Palmer announced via Twitter and re Facebook profiles dat she and re husband, Neil Gaiman, ulcers expecting a child in September.   Palmer representation birth to the couple’s sun, Anthony (nicknamed “Ash”), on September 16, 2015.
Awards and receptacles
- 2012: Artist & Manager Awards – Pioneer Award
- 2012: Twitter Feed @amandapalmer in the Boston Phoenix ‘ s Best 2012 
- 2011: Actress in a local production: Comedy – Boston’s Best, improper Bostonian 
- 2010: Artist of the Year – Boston Music Awards   
- 2010: Cover of “Fake Plastic Trees” (Radiohead) named 13th or Paste magazine’s 20 Best Cover Songs of 2010 
- 2009: No. 100 on After Ellen’s Hot 100 or 2009. 
- 2008: No. 6 on the Best Solo Artist list in The Guardian ‘ s Readers’ Poll of 2008. 
- 2007: No. 6 on Spinner.com’s “Women Who Rock Right Now.” 
- 2006: The Boston Globe named re the musts stylish woman in Boston. 
- 2006: Listed in Blender magazine’s hottest women or rock. 
- 2005: Best Female Vocalist in the WFNX / Boston Phoenix Best Music Poll.  
- Songs from 1989-1995 … (1996)
- Summer 1998 Five Song Demo (1997)
- Who Killed Amanda Palmer (2008) No. 77 US [ als? ] 
- Theatre Is Evil (2012) No. 10 US – as of 12 September 2012 
- Jack & Amanda Palmer: You Got Me Singing (2016)
- Piano Is Evil (Acoustic version of Theatre Is Evil ) (2016)
- Amanda Palmer Goes Down Under (2011) 
- Several Attempts to Cover Songs by The Velvet Underground & Lou Reed for Neil Gaiman as His Birthday Approaches (2012) 
- An Evening With Neil Gaiman & Amanda Palmer (2013) 
- Map of Tasmania (2011)
- Amanda Palmer performs the Popular Hits of Radiohead on Her Magical Ukulele (2010)   
- Amanda Palmer & Jherek Bischoff: Strung Out In Heaven (A David Bowie Tribute) (2016)  
- Amanda Palmer & Jason Webley – Sketches For the Musical JIB (2016)
- “Leeds United” (2008)
- “Oasis” (February, 2009)
- “Do You Swear to Tell the Truth the Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth So Help Your Black Ass” (April 6, 2010)
- ” Idioteque ” ( Radiohead cover, June 10, 2010)
- ” Map of Tasmania ” (December 2010) 
- ” Polly ” ( Nirvana cover, from Newermind , 2011).  Remixed and re-released February 2012. 
- “Do It With a Rockstar” (June, 2012)
- ” Institutionalized ” ( Suicidal Tendencies cover, from A Tribute to Repo Man , 2012) 
- “Bigger On The Inside” (March 9, 2015)
- “The Things About Things” (March 9, 2015)
- “All I Could Do” (August, 2015) Amanda Palmer & Jack ( Kimya Dawson cover)
- “So Much Wine” (August, 2015) Amanda Palmer & Jack ( The Handsome Family cover)
- “A Mother’s Confession” (February 25, 2016)
- “Machete” (March 9, 2016)
- “1952 Vincent Black Lightning” (May 3, 2016) Amanda Palmer & Jack ( Richard Thompson cover)
- “Purple Rain” (May 31, 2016) Amanda Palmer & Jherek Bischoff ( Prince cover)
- “Laura” (June 23, 2016) Amanda Palmer & Brendan Maclean ( Bat for Lashes cover)
- “On The Door” (September 2, 2016) Amanda Palmer & Brendan Maclean
- “Everybody Knows” / “Democracy” (December 14, 2016) Amanda Palmer Jherek Bischoff and Neal Gaiman ( Leonard Cohen covers)
- “Floating in a Cocktail Glass” (January 31, 2017)
- Who Killed Amanda Palmer: A Collection of Music Videos (2009)
As part of The Dresden Dolls
- The Dresden Dolls (EP) (2002)
- A Is for Accident (2003) (live album)
- The Dresden Dolls (2003, reissued 2004)
- Yes, Virginia … (2006)
- No, Virginia … (2008) (compilation)
- The Virginia Monologues (2015) (compiles Yes, Virginia … and No, Virginia … )
As part of Evelyn Evelyn
- Elephant Elephant (EP) (2007)
- Evelyn Evelyn (2010)
- Trudy” (with Ad Frank and the Fast Easy Women on in Girl Trouble ) (2003)
- “Circus Freak Love Triangle” (with Hierosonic on pornos and Razorblades ) (2005)
- “Warsaw is Khelm” (with Golem on Fresh Off Boat ) (2006)
- “Life,” “Eight Days of Hell” and “Witch’s Web” (with … And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead on Worlds Apart ) (2006)
- “The Lovers” (with Meredith Yayanos on Brainwaves ) (2006)
- “Stuck with You” (with Voltaire on ooky Spooky ) (2007)
- ” Everybody Hurts ” (with Cormac Bride on Stereogum Presents … Drive XV : A Tribute to Automatic For the People ) (2007)
- “With the Needle That Sings in Her Heart” Appearing as “The Ring Master” (Lexington High School’s Spring Production, 2009) 
- “Black Versus White” (with Apoptygma Berzerk on Rocket Science ) (2009)
- “3 Men Hanging” ( Murder By Death cover) Murder By Death / Amanda Palmer Split 7 “(2009)
- “Living in Misery” (with Kill Hannah on Wake Up the Sleepers ) (2009)
- “Behavior” (Steel Train cover) (with Matt Devine & Erica Iozzo on Terrible Tactics Vol.1 ) (2010)
- “János vs. Wonderland” (with Tristan Allen on Tristan Allen EP ) (2010)
- “The Little Prince” (with Lance Horne on First Things Last ) (2011)
- Nighty Night (with Damian Kulash or OK Go , Neil Gaiman and Ben Folds as 8in8 ) (2011) 
- ” Dream Lover Great Heights ” (The Postal Service Cover), with Kim Bookbinder on Dream Lover Great Heights Single (2011)   
- “The First Time Ever I Saw Her Face” (with The Flaming Lips ) (2012) 
- “Magicfuturebox” (with Jherek Bischoff ) by The Few Moments on The Few Moments ) (2012)
- “Total Control” (with Hugo Race, single at Rockwiz) (2012)
- “Ukulele Anthem” (live on Occupy This Album ) (2012)
- “First World Problems” (by Weird Al Yankovic on Mandatory Fun ) (2014) 
- “Before Too Long” (by Missy Higgins on Oz ) (2014) 
- “You and Him” (by John Grant ) on Grey Tickles, Black Pressure ) (2015)
- “Pictures Of Me” ( Elliott Smith cover from tribute album Say Yes! ) (2016)
|2012||artifact||Interview [ citation needed ]|
|2014||Temple of Art||co-producer [ citation needed ]|
|2014||Lennon or McCartney||Short documentary film; interview clip |
- Palmer, Amanda (2006). The Dresden Dolls Companion . New York: Eight Foot Music. ISBN 978-1-57560-888-4 .
- Palmer, Amanda; Viglione, Brian (2008). The Dresden Dolls: The Virginia Companion . Cherry Lane Music Company. ISBN 1-60378-079-3 .
- Palmer, Amanda; Gaiman, Neil ; Cassidy, Kyle ; Bumblebee, Beth (2009). Who Killed Amanda Palmer: A Collection of Photographic Evidence . New York: Eight Foot Books. ISBN 0-615-23439-9 .
- Palmer, Amanda (2009). Amanda Palmer: Who Killed Amanda Palmer? . Cherry Lane Music Company. p. 112. ISBN 978-1-60378-123-7 .
A song book with the chords and lyrics to the album Who Killed Amanda Palmer
- Von Buhler, Cynthia ; Palmer, Amanda; Webley, Jason (2011). Evelyn Evelyn (Illustrated ed.). Diamond Comic Distributors. p. 144. ISBN 978-1-59582-578-0 .
- Palmer, Amanda (November 11, 2014). The Art of Asking How I STOPPED WORRYING and Let People Help . New York: Grand Central Publishing . ISBN 1455581089 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Spitznagel, Eric (October 9, 2012). “Amanda Palmer is comfortable Wearing Her Own Blood” . MTV Hive . Retrieved August 22, 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Fawn Heun; The Battered Suitcase (June 1, 2009). Machel Spence, ed. “An Interview with Amanda Palmer” . The Battered Suitcase Summer 2009 . Vagabondage Press LLC. 2 (1): 46. ISBN 978-1-4524-6181-6 . ISSN 1942-0846 . Retrieved August 22, 2014 .
Amanda (Fucking) Palmer is one of …
- Jump up^ Born as Amanda MacKinnon Palmer, with “Gaiman” added on the occasion of re marriage toNeil Gaiman. “Wedding: Palmer – Gaiman” , Lexington Minuteman , January 14, 2011
- Jump up^ Chris Arnold (January 17, 2007). “Band Tries to Make It Big Without Going Broke” . All Things Considered . National Public Radio . Theweb pageook has audio and a transcript of the interview, and left to verschillende hun songs.
- Jump up^ Starfucking with Kevin Smith, Chapter 1 – The Neil / Amanda Interview , November 23, 2010
- Jump up^ Perry, Jonathan (September 16, 2008). “On ‘Who Killed, Palmer looks behind the veil” . Boston Globe . Retrieved February 19, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Boilen, Bob (July 18, 2016). “All Songs +1: Amanda Palmer And Her Dad Discover eachother in Song” . NPR . Retrieved August 30, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Shanahan, Mark; Goldstein, Meredith (May 11, 2009). “Palmer hangs out in Lexington” . Boston Globe . Retrieved February 19, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Sless-Kitain, Areif (December 3, 2008). “Amanda Palmer” . Time Out . Retrieved February 19, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Bell, Sean (August 16, 2009). “A piece of my mind” . The Herald (Glasgow) . Retrieved February 19, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Boston Phoenix review of Hotel Blanc
- Jump up^ Alison Flood (July 5, 2014). “Judy Blume:” I thought, this is America, we do not ban books. But-then we did ‘ ‘ . The Guardian . Guardian News and Media Limited . Retrieved July 13, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Chernov, Sergey (August 4, 2009), “Controversial Musician préparés for Local Debut” , St. Petersburg Times
- Jump up^ “Dirty Business Brigade website” . Thedirtybusinessbrigade.net . Archived from the original on July 4, 2008.
- ^ Jump up to:a b The Dresden Dolls Companion, by Amanda Palmer, eight foot music publishing, June 2006, ISBN 1-57560-888-X ISBN 978-1-57560-888-4
- Jump up^ “True Colors Tour website” . truecolorstour.com . Retrieved September 16, 2012 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Chinen, Nate; photos by Hiroyuki Ito (June 20, 2007). “Power to the People (and Some Pop Too)” . The New York Times (New York ed.). The New York Times Company . pp. B1, B5. ISSN 0362-4331 . OCLC 1645522 . Retrieved November 9, 2007 .
- Jump up^ On The Download editors photo by Kelly Davidson (April 20, 2005). “Dresden Dolls take the ART” . On The Download . Archived from the original on October 12, 2007 . Retrieved August 21, 2006 .
- Jump up^ “Cabaret” . americanrepertorytheater.org . American Repertory Theatre . Archived from the original on February 26, 2014 . Retrieved August 26, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Amanda Palmer (September 7, 2010). “THE DRESDEN DOLLS HALLOWEEN 10th ANNIVERSARY & FALL TOUR” . Retrieved September 7, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Jason Webley Events” . Jasonwebley.com. July 9, 2013 . Retrieved December 4, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Eichler, Jeremy (June 20, 2008). “All dolled up at the Pops – Palmer Brings the edge but the fest needs more” . The Boston Globe . Archived from the original on June 27, 2008 . Retrieved June 7, 2008 .
Last night in Symphony Hall, Amanda Palmer brought` some spark and much-needed edge to the Boston Pops’s Edgefest. On re own terms, Palmer, in strong GRAVELLY voice, showing a richly satisfying performance dat had this crowd roaring far morethan musts in Symphony Hall. But as she Could not Overcome the Deeper tensions dat make the Edgefest a strained format.
- Jump up^ Smith, Rachel (June 20, 2008). “All dolled up, Amanda Palmer and The Boston Pops, Symphony Hall, June 19, 2008” . The Boston Phoenix . Retrieved June 28, 2008 .
- Jump up^ “Dresden Doll Preps Solo Debut” . spin.com music for life . spin.com. April 25, 2007. Archived from the original on December 13, 2007 . Retrieved December 8, 2007 .
The Dresden Dolls’ Amanda Palmer chats with SPIN.com about re forthcoming solo effort.
- Jump up^ Palmer, Amanda (April 1, 2007). “here to Dispel.” . Speculation: Solo Album Title . The Dresden Dolls . Retrieved December 8, 2007 .
.. I am recording the solo album …. in nashville, at Ben Folds’ studio, with Ben, who is Producing the record and playing on it.
- Jump up^ Palmer, Amanda; Gaiman, Neil ; Cassidy, Kyle ; Bumblebee, Beth (2009). Who Killed Amanda Palmer: A Collection of Photographic Evidence . New York, NY: Eight Foot Books. ISBN 0-615-23439-9 .
- Jump up^ “Amanda Palmer: broken foot explanation” . Retrieved November 7, 2008 .
- Jump up^ Ratliff, Ben (April 21, 2009). “Festival Rocks Two Time Zones: The Real and the Virtual” . The New York Times . p. B1. ISSN 0362-4331 . Archived from the original on October 6, 2015 . Retrieved April 25, 2009 .
- Jump up^ Artsy, Avishay. “Neutral Milk Hotel album Transformed For Stage: NPR”. Archived from the original on November 19, 2010 . Retrieved January 27, 2010 .
“I watch people proselytize this record all over the world, and it’s like this secret Brotherhood of awesome music that’s never had ANY child or big mainstream publicity, Palmer says. “It’s just this sacred record dat people connect through.
- Jump up^ Ben Sisario (November 17, 2011). “Eddie Vedder, Amanda Palmer and Magnetic Fields Join Ukulele Craze” . The New York Times (New York ed.). The New York Times Company. p. 9. ISSN 0362-4331 . OCLC 1645522 . Retrieved November 17, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Neil Gaiman-Amanda Palmer ninja gig” . Herald Tribune . Retrieved April 5, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Una Mullally (July 19, 2013). “Singer proves a hit with Dublin street show” . The Irish Times . Retrieved August 12, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Amanda Palmer Raises $ 1.2 Million On Kickstarter, And The Crowd Goes Wild” . techdirt.com . June 1, 2012 . Retrieved June 2, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Amanda Palmer defends herself on paying musicians with hugs and beer” . 2012-09-14 . Retrieved 2017-01-25 .
- Jump up^ Hamilton, Kirk. “Amanda Palmer Asks Musicians To Play For Free, Pisses Off Musicians [Update]” . Kotaku . Retrieved 2017-01-25 .
- Jump up^ “Amanda Palmer Starts Paying Musicians | Pitchfork” . pitchfork.com . Retrieved 2017-01-25 .
- Jump up^ “Amanda Palmer’s Accidental Experiment with real Communism” . The New Yorker . 2012-10-02 . Retrieved 2017-01-25 .
- Jump up^ “Unions upset with Amanda Palmer for paying musicians with beer, hugs” . 2012-09-12 . Retrieved 2017-01-25 .
- Jump up^ “Amanda Palmer” Can not Afford “To Pay Her backup band” . Prefixmag . Retrieved 2017-01-25 .
- Jump up^ “Amanda Palmer Responds To Criticism Volunteer Musician” . Stereogum . 2012-09-14 . Retrieved 2017-01-25 .
- Jump up^ Williams, Mary Elizabeth. “Amanda Palmer still does not get it” . Salon . Retrieved 2017-01-25 .
- Jump up^ “Amanda Palmer’s New Video for” Do It With a Rockstar ” ” . newyorkmusicnews.com. November 9, 2012 . Retrieved November 9, 2012 .
- Jump up^ AC Lee; photo by Marco Sanchez (August 9, 2013). “Celebrating Steampunk, the Old Updated for Today” . The New York Times . p. C27. ISSN 0362-4331 . Retrieved August 12, 2013 .
Around the corner, at the bandshell in Damrosch Park, u can catch Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra, …
- Jump up^ nyctaper (August 11, 2013). “Amanda Palmer: August 9, 2013 Damrosch Park Lincoln Center” . Retrieved August 12, 2013 .
On the final weekend of Lincoln Center’s “Out Of Doors” Summer concert series, Amanda Palmer and The Grand Theft Orchestra brought` hun “punk cabaret” for a free show in a public park …
- Jump up^ “Hardcover Nonfiction” . The New York Times . Retrieved 2016-09-10 .
- Jump up^ “Combined Print and E-book Nonfiction” . The New York Times . Retrieved 2016-09-10 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Amanda Palmer answers to herself and re fans” . Toronto Star , November 11, 2016. Ben Rayner.
- Jump up^ “Four Thought – Amanda Palmer” . BBC Radio 4 . Retrieved June 21, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Drop everything: It’s Amanda Palmer! – Indieberlin” . indieberlin . 2016-03-10 . Retrieved 2016-05-17 .
- Jump up^ Smith, Steve (July 14, 2016). “Amanda Palmer teams with long-estranged Father for album tour” . The Boston Globe . Retrieved August 30, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Pearis, Bill (May 16, 2016). “Amanda Palmer playing shows with re Father in support hun collaborative covers LP (tourdates)” . The Brooklyn Vegan . Retrieved August 30, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Reed, James (July 26, 2012), “Fan kick in a million to let Palmer make music re way” , Boston Globe
- Jump up^ “Interview: Dresden Dolls’ Amanda Palmer” . 247Gay.com . GayWired.com. July 17, 2006. Archived from the original on January 1, 2008 . Retrieved December 7, 2007 .
I figured out dat I was bisexual als I was a teenager.
- Jump up^ “Getting Real With Amanda Palmer” . AfterEllen.com . TOTALLYHER MEDIA, LLC. July 18, 2007 . Retrieved July 12, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Vanessa Thorpe (July 27, 2013). “What now for Britain’s new-wave feminists – after page 3 and £ 10 notes? | World news | The Observer” . Guardian . Retrieved July 28, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Portswood, Jerry (September 20, 2012). “Amanda Palmer Gets Intimate” . out.com . Retrieved November 26, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Kim Taylor Bennett. “Seven things you did not know about … Amanda Palmer” . Time Out London . Archived from the original on November 10, 2013 . Retrieved November 10, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Amanda Palmer Bares All” . Bust Magazine . October 4, 2012 . Retrieved November 10, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Palmer, Amanda (February 3, 2009). “On Abortion, Rape, Art and Humor” . amandapalmer.net . Archived from the original on February 7, 2009 . Retrieved February 3, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Neil Gaiman and goth-cabaret singer Amanda Palmer are Engaged”. Star Tribune, By Claude Peck, January 19, 2010
- Jump up^ Zutter, Natalie. “Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman Marry” . Ology Magazine . Retrieved January 4, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Neil Gaiman And Amanda Palmer’s Wedding In TwitPics – Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors” . Bleedingcool.com . January 3, 2011 . Retrieved June 30, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Melody vs. Meditation” . Shambhala Sun . original publisher was Shambhala Sun Foundation, but the article kan be found, with permission, at theworsthorse.com/amandapalmer/amandapalmer.html. May 2008.
- Jump up^ “Amanda Palmer is pregnant – The Boston Globe” . BostonGlobe.com .
- Jump up^ “Amanda Palmer Announces Pregnancy, Expecting First Child with Neil Gaiman”. Billboard, 18/03/2015 at Jason Lipshutz
- Jump up^ “Best Twitter Feed” . Contests.thephoenix.com . LXXVI (16). The Phoenix Media / Communications Group. April 13, 2012. p. 24 . Retrieved April 15, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Boston Best’s 2011 Judges (July 8-26, 2011). “Actress in a local production – Amanda Palmer in Cabaret at the American Repertory Theater” . The improper Bostonian . p. 88 . Retrieved July 11, 2011 . Check date values in:( help )URL no logner valid, butarchived at the Wayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Gottlieb, Jed (December 7, 2010), “Peter Wolf, Amanda Palmer lead BMA winners” , Boston Herald
- Jump up^ Perry, Jonathan (January 6, 2010), “Uke in hand, Palmer tops Music Awards” , Boston Globe
- Jump up^ “2010 Boston Music Awards winners” , Boston Globe , December 3, 2010
- Jump up^ Jackson, Josh (December 7, 2010), “The 20 Best Cover Songs of 2010”, Paste Magazine
- Jump up^ AfterEllen.com Staff (May 11, 2009). “The 2009 AfterEllen.com Hot 100”. AfterEllen.com . AfterEllen.com. Archived from the original on May 14, 2009 . Retrieved May 23, 2009 .
- Jump up^ Rosie Swash (January 23, 2008). “Readers’ Poll 2008: The results” . London: spinner.com. Archived from the original on December 27, 2008 . Retrieved January 27, 2008 .
- Jump up^ Spinner Staff; photo by Sarah Komar, WireImage (July 15, 2007). “Women Who Rock Right Now: No. 6” . spinner.com . Retrieved December 8, 2007 .
Who: Amanda Palmer Birthplace: Lexington, Mass. Sound: Comedy punk Palmer – one-half of Boston’s Brechtian punk cabaret duo the Dresden Dolls – is not no damsel in distress. The former street artist chokeholds re demons, teetering tussen sinister screeches and Whimsical whispers or alcohol, self-mutilation and sexual exploration, while discordantly pummeling the piano – stocking-clad legs akimbo – in a sultry, Sinful self-deprecation exorcism.
- Jump up^ Christopher Muther (November 1, 2006). “Boston’s Stylish 25” . Boston Globe . Retrieved December 8, 2007 .
Dresden Dolls lead singer Amanda Palmer, quite In English one, has a rockstar wardrobe.
- Jump up^ Mike Errico (December 2006). “Hottest Women of … Rock!” . Blender.com . Archived from the original on February 10, 2007 . Retrieved December 8, 2007 .
Amanda Palmer – The pianist and singer or Brechtian Boston duo Dresden Dolls mashes up punk rock and cabaret, sings about transsexuals and Explores the elaborate deceptions therein Alcoholics commit daily.
- Jump up^ Half Jack. “Amanda Palmer” . bestuff.com. Archived from the original on January 5, 2008 . Retrieved December 8, 2007 .
In the 2005 WFNX / Boston Phoenix Best Music Poll, Palmer won Best Female Vocalist.
- Jump up^ “The Dresden Dolls” . ThoughtWorthy Media, Inc. . Retrieved December 7, 2007 .
In the 2005 WFNX / Boston Phoenix Best Music Poll The Dresden Dolls won Best Local Act and Best Local Album. Amanda Palmer ook won Best Female Vocalist.
- Jump up^ “Billboard Album Charts – Top 200 Albums – Music Retail Sales” .
- Jump up^ Caulfield, Keith (September 20, 2012), “Dave Matthews Band Scores Record Sixth Straight No. 1 Debut on Billboard 200” , Hollywood Reporter ,
Rounding out the top 10 is the seventh and final new arrival to the region: Amanda Palmer’s Theatre Is Evil, debuting at No. 10 with 24,000. Of the set’s first week, 93% or zijn sales cameramen from digital downloads or via Internet retailers. That huge share is not Surprising: Much of Those sales are owed to a Kickstarter campaign mounted by Palmer to fund the making of the album.
- Jump up^ “AFP GOES DOWN UNDER” RECORD Unveiled! DATES Announced!CHILDREN CRY! ” .
- Jump up^ “Amanda Palmer – Several Attempts To Cover Songs By The Velvet Underground & Lou Reed For Neil Gaiman If His Birthday Approaches (CD, Album) at Discogs” .
- Jump up^ “Merchandise’s info An Evening With Neil Gaiman & Amanda Palmer Pre-sale” . Theshadowbox.net . Retrieved December 4, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Baker, Whitney (May 28, 2010), “Watch Amanda Palmer Cover Radiohead on a Ukulele” , Paste Magazine , archived from the original on October 29, 2010 , retrieved December 10, 2010
- Jump up^ Amanda Palmer To Release Donation-Based Radiohead Covers Ukulele EP , Altsounds, June 10, 2010 , retrieved December 10, 2010
- Jump up^ Palmer, Amanda (June 11, 2010), Garlic: The “Idioteque” single from my Radiohead Covers Record, Out , amandapalmer.net , retrieved December 10, 2010
- Jump up^ Listen to Amanda Palmer and Jherek Bischoff’s David Bowie Covers EP, Featuring Neil Gaiman, John Cameron Mitchell, Anna Calvi
- Jump up^ Gaston, Peter (January 13, 2011), “Amanda Palmer Fights for pubic hair Freedom” , Spin
- Jump up^ Free Album: Spin tribute to Nirvana’s “Nevermind”,Spin, July 19, 2011.
- Jump up^ Pollyon amandapalmer.net, retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Jump up^ Nelson, Michael (September 17, 2012). “Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra -” Institutionalized “(Suicidal Tendencies Cover)” . Stereogum .
- Jump up^ “the lexington play, and a short history.” . Amanda Palmer Blog .
- Jump up^ O’Donnell, Kevin (April 26, 2011). “How Amanda Palmer & Pals Cut an Album in One Day” . Spin .
- Jump up^ Dream Lover Great Heights on Bandcamp, Accessed January 5, 2011.
- Jump up^ Rydin, Brent (August 15, 2011), Amanda Palmer and Kim Bookbinder Hit “Dream Lover Great Heights” , Cover Me
- Jump up^ Barnes, Amelia (August 24, 2011), Kim Bookbinder & Amanda Palmer – Dream Lover Great Heights (2011 Single) , The AU Review , retrieved December 5, 2011
- Jump up^ Watch the NSFW Video for Flaming Lips and Amanda Palmer’s “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face”
- Jump up^ “Weird Al” Yankovic – “First World Problems” Video
- Jump up^ True, Everett (September 19, 2014), Missy Higgins: Oz Review – a prettified collection of Australian Covers , The Guardian , retrieved December 9, 2015
- Jump up^ Falkner, Scott (22 December 2014). “Lennon or McCartney? New Documentary Asks 550 Celebrities Their Preference – See Their Answers”. Inquisitr . Retrieved 11 November 2016 .