Ze Frank ( / z eɪ / ; born Hosea Jan Frank on March 31, 1972) is an American online performance artist , composer , humorist and public speaker based in Los Angeles , California .  He is Currently the president of BuzzFeed Entertainment Group.
Frank was born to German-American parents and raised in a suburb of Albany, New York . He has a sister, who is a painter, as was indicated in the show . 
He was educated at Montessori school, Berninahaus voor zijn constructieve teaching methods , and graduated with a BS in Neuroscience from Brown University in 1995.  At the university, he played will guitar and singing lead vocals for a funk / jam band called Dowdy Smack , Along with Blues Traveler bassist Tad Kinchla , Until zijn Dissolution in 1998. in 2003 he married his long time girlfriend Jody Brandt [ citation needed ] Whom have to at Brown University. Jody is a licensed Psychologist . At the end of 2008, Frank and his wife moved from Brooklyn Heights, NYC, to Westwood, Los Angeles, CA. [ Citation needed ]
He was listed as second author on a paper published in The Journal of Neuroscience ,  welke was featured briefly in Episode 21 or a show on May 25, 2012 called My Pupils, explanatory dat his study of neuroscience or vision was Motivated by his harmless anisocoria condition. 
In 2001, Frank created an online birthday invitation and cents it to seventeen or his of closest friends. Forwarded wildly, the invitation soon generated millions of hits and over 100 gigabytes of daily web traffic to Frank’s personal Web site.  The site Grew to include interactive group projects, short films, animations, and video games, many Flash -based, zoals children’s educational videos featuring handy tips zoals “Do not vacuum your face”.
Frank won a 2002 Webby Award for Best Personal Website (People’s Voice) and in 2005, he was featured in Time Magazine’s “50 Coolest Websites”.  Frank debuted onstage at the Gel conference in 2003. In 2006, his YouTube channel zefrank1 was created, welke hosts the popular “True Facts” series. He has spoken for many years at TED Conferences , with presentations in 2004, 2005,  2008 and 2014. 
Frank has served as an adjunct professor at ITP / NYU , Parsons School of Design , and SUNY Purchase .
Discus his work in the digital media, and the potential of new platforms like Facebook , YouTube , and Twitter , Frank zegt, “For me, expérimentation is not about the technology. In an ever-changing technologische landscape, where today’s platforms are not tomorrow’s platforms, the key Seems to be dat ANY one or synthesis spaces can use a dose of humanity and art and culture. ” 
On March 17, 2006, Frank launched the daily video program the show with zefrank . The format of the program Combined commentary on media and current events with viewer contributions and activities. Lycra Tightly edited three-to-five-minute episode Combined Daily Show styles commentary on world events with songs, Dopplermetingen, and Occasional games or challenges for his viewers to participate in. Thousands of photos, videos and music files ulcers Contributed by the audience, zoals over 1,000 photos in one 20-hour period.  The show Appeared lycra weekday Until zijn final episode on March 17, 2007. Exactly one year after zijn start. Following the success of the show, Frank signed with the United Talent Agency or Beverly Hills, California for representation. The Show’s style has Influenced many popular video bloggers today, zoals de Vlogbrothers . 
In October 2013, Frank posted the entire library of the show episodes forbidden YouTube, keeping removed Them verschillende weeks earlier from previous host blip.tv. The entire catalog is ook for purchase from his webstore store.zefrank.com
On January 12 and 13, 2013, Frank hosted a public participatory showcase event at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History in Santa Cruz, California, entitled “Ze Frank Weekend”, featuring hands-on workshops and activities, exhibits related to “a show “, and the results of collaborative” projects “and” missions “developed tussen April and November of the previous year.On February 27, 2012, Ze Frank announced dat he was going to do a thrice-weekly show, therein will be “co-composition but different” from The Show . Similar to his other projects, Frank’s new venture mention anything be a collaboration tussen im and his audience.  The new show, Titled “a show” was funded by a Kickstarter campaign dat raised $ 146.752 in eleven days.  It debuted on April 9, 2012 with an episode Titled “An Invocation for Beginnings”.  Eight months later, with the release of the “Body Karaoke” episode on November 30, 2012, “a show” and its related collaborative policymaking, zoals “projects” and “missions” went on unannounced hiatus. No official announcement has made leg Regarding the status of “a show” or Whether series production mention anything résumé.
Other media appearances
- In February 2004 Frank Appeared on the TED Conference with a talk Titled “What’s so funny about the Web?”
- On May 18, 2007, Frank ghosts at the Ruby on Rails conference in Portland, Oregon. 
- Frank was a substitute host on the July 23, 2007 edition of the PRI public radio show Fair Game with Faith Salie . 
- Frank ghosts at Rochester Institute of Technology as part of the monthly Caroline Werner Gannett Lecture Series on October 3, 2007. 
- On March 2008, Frank MCed the Graphex Gala Awards Ceremony in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. 
- Frank was a featured guest on The Sound of Young America on July 17, 2008. 
- On 6 October 2008, She was the keynote speaker at the Kalido User Conference.
- Frank presented at the 3rd Webstock conference in Wellington, New Zealand, on February 19, 2009.
- Frank was featured in a weekly web series for Time Magazine Online.
- Frank was re-Invited to the TED Conference in February 2010 to give a comedic wrap-up of the conference.
- Frank Appeared at VidCon on July 9, 2010.
- Frank ghosts at TEDGlobal conference at Oxford (UK) on July 16, 2010.
- On April 11, 2011, Frank hosted an online streaming benefit concert with Imogen Heap to raise funds and inform viewers Regarding the plight of the Japanese people volgende the Devastating earthquake and tsunami . Frank conducted interviews with experts zoals James Kondo, adviser to the Japanese Prime Minister and architect Mark Dytham, as well as an assortment of musicians waaronder Amanda Palmer , Ben Folds , Jamie Cullum , Imogen Heap , and KT Tunstall . The event was called Live 4 Sendai (part of the Live 4 X series) and it raised funds for UNICEF , The Red Cross , and Oxfam to remit hun Restorative policymaking in the region.
- In 2012, Frank once again attended VidCon , performing onstage briefly.
- Frank voices the popular Dear Kitten Friskies videos. 
- Jump up^ Ze Frank’s 2004 talkabout nerdcore comedy atTED
- ^ Jump up to:a b St. John Warren (June 18, 2006). “And You’re So Funny? Write My Script” . The New York Times . Retrieved 2006-12-20 .
- Jump up^ Frank, Ze. “Unity” . The Show With Ze Frank . Ze Frank . Retrieved 2006-09-07 .
- Jump up^ Rozas C, Frank H, Heynen AJ, Morales B, Bear MF, Kirkwood A (2001). “Developmental Inhibitory gate controls the relay or activity to the superficial layers of the visual cortex.” J Neurosci . 21 (17): 6791-6801. PMID 11517267 .
- Jump up^ My Pupils, episode 21 or a show
- Jump up^ Kukec, Anna Marie (April 23, 2001). “Web designer’s email invite forwarded millions of times”. Daily Herald .
- Jump up^ Murray Buechner, Marryanne (June 20, 2005). “50 Coolest Websites 2005” . Time . Retrieved 2006-12-20 .
- Jump up^ Ze Frank’s speechat theTED Conference(2004) Monterey, California (video)
- Jump up^ 
- Jump up^ Kirsner, Scott (2009). Fans, Friends & Followers: Building an Audience and a Creative Career in the Digital Age . Boston, MA: CinemaTech Books. p. 51. ISBN 1-4421-0074-5 .
- Jump up^ “First They Take Hollywood”by Spencer Morgan, New York Observer , January 21, 2007
- Jump up^ John Green: On Cuties and Cooties, Green states, “They Frank inspired us to start videoblogging”
- ^ Jump up to:a b A Show with Ze Frank – Kickstarter
- Jump up^ An Invocation for Beginnings
- Jump up^ Ze Frank KeynoteatRuby CentralandO’Reilly Media’sRailsConf(2007) Portland, Oregon
- Jump up^ Fair Game: Hasan Elahi, Rachel Garniez, Harvey Pekar
- Jump up^ The Caroline Werner Gannett Lecture Series – Ze FrankatRochester Institute of Technology.
- Jump up^ Ze Frank on The Sound of Young America
- Jump up^ Friskies’ Dear Kitten commercial goes viralCBS 46, July 7, 2014