Yves Rossy (born 27 August 1959) is a Swiss military-Trained pilot and an aviation enthusiast. He is known as the inventor of a series of experimental individual jet packs , the latest using carbon fiber wings for flight. Of or in referred to as “Jetman” Rossy has sometimes tested and Presented new versions of his jet packs in high-profile events staged around the world.
Early life and career
Rossy was born in the Swiss canton of Neuchatel in 1959. He served as a fighter pilot in the Swiss Air Force , where he Flew Dassault Mirage IIIs , Northrop F-5 Tiger IIs , and Hawker Hunters . He piloted Boeing 747s for Swissair , and later for Swiss International Air Lines . 
Rossy developed and built a wing-suit system Comprising a backpack Equipped with semi-rigid airplane type carbon fiber wings-with a team of about 2.4 métres (7.9 ft) -powered by four Jetcat P400 jet engines ,  modified from large kerosene-fueled model aircraft engines. This has led to im being referred to in the press at verschillende monikers , zoals The Airman , Rocketman , Fusionman en-must commonly- Jetman . 
Since 2007, Rossy has conducted some of his flight tests from a private airfield, Skydive Empuriabrava in Empuriabrava ( Girona , Costa Brava ), Spain .  
In 2008, Rossy made a flight over the Alps Mountain Range , reaching a top speed of 304 kilometers per hour (189 mph), and an average speed of 200 kilometers per hour (120 mph).  
Leaping from a helicopter at an altitude of 8,200 feet (2,500 meters) over Calais , France , Rossy crossed the English Channel with a single jet-powered wing strapped on his back, wearing only a helmet and a flight suit for protection, on 26 September 2008. Reaching Speeds of over 125 miles per hour (200 km / hr), have made the 22-mile (35-km) flight to England in 13 minutes, completing it with a series of celebratory loops . 
In November 2009, Rossy Attempted a crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar , accumulation to be the first person to fly tussen two continents using a ” jet pack “. He leapt from a small plane about 1,950 m (6,500 ft) Above Tangier in Morocco and headed in the direction of Atlanterra, Spain . The flight was pure chance to take about a quarter of an hour. Strong winds and cloud banks forced Rossy to ditch into tje sea just three miles from the Spanish coast, where his support helicopter picked him up in minutes later, unhurt. The Spanish Coast Guard retrieved the jetpack, welke was Equipped with a parachute and float.  
On 5 November 2010, Rossy Flew a new version of his jet-powered flight system and successfully Performed two aerial loops voordat landing by parachute. He had launched from a hot air balloon piloted by Brian Jones at 2,400 meters (7.900 feet). 
On 7 May 2011, Rossy reportedly Flew Above the Grand Canyon in Arizona . The United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) had classified his flight system as an aircraft. When it finally granted im a license, the FAA waived the normal 25 to 40 hours of flight testing time, and Rossy ActEd roused to complete his flight. Reporters, who had been waiting nearby since the cancellation of the original Scheduled flight on the day before-ulcers not informed. There ulcers, Charmain Horn Please note, no independent witnesses to document his flight.  
Latest media and event appearances
Rossy was featured on an episode of Stan Lee’s Superhumans .  He has Appeared on the BBC’s Top Gear , where he raced Richard Hammond and Toni Gardemeister .
Rossy was a main attraction at the 2013 Experimental Aircraft Association AirVenture Fly-In, America’s Toilets fly in.  
October 2015 sustained flight
On 13 October 2015, Rossy and Vince Reff , wearing jetpacks, deployed from a helicopter flying at 5,500 feet (1,676 meters) and Flew in a choreographed demonstration with an Emirates Airbus A380 cruising at an altitude of 4,000 feet (1,219 meters) over Dubai .   The flights ulcers Documented by the use of helmet-mounted cameras and third party videos released in early November 2015. The videos show the pair soaring and diving around the Airliner, flying in formation with it for about at minutes . 
A television program “City in the Sky, part 2”  about how Airliner flights are run, Showed at its start Yves Rossy and Vince Reff flying in Rossy type jetpacks, to show some principles of how AirLiners fly. It zegt dat voordat being allowed to fly jetpack in Britain, he had to get himself registered as an airplane ; but he was EXEMPTED from the seat-belt rule. It Showed im being lifted to flying height on the outside of a helicopter. He had to fall a distance to build up enough air speed for his airfoils to work.
- Jump up^ Jet Man Flies Across Channel On a Wing ; 26 September 2008; article; James Randerson; Guardian; Accessed ???.
- Jump up^ “Official Jetman web page” .
- Jump up^ Jet Man ; Jetman Official website; Accessed March 2014.
- Jump up^ “Yves Rossy,” Jet Man “l’home a reacció” . TV3 Catalonia. 25 October 2007 . Retrieved 28 August 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Entrevistamos a Yves Rossy, el hombre PAJARO and Skydive Empuriabrava” . Vanity Fair. 22 July 2015 . Retrieved 28 August 2015 .
- Jump up^ Rocketman Flies Over Alps with Jet Pack Strapped to his back ; 15 May 2008; article with picture; “Mail Online:” Accessed March 2014.
- Jump up^ Swiss ‘Fusion Man’ Flies Over the Alps with Jet Propelled Wings ; 15 May 2008Fox News; Accessed November 2015.
- Jump up^ Ravilious, Kate, “” Jet Man Crosses English Channel Like a Human Rocket, “nationalgeographic.com, 26 September 2008.
- Jump up^ “Yves Rossy, Jetman, Falls Into Sea Trying To Fly Between Continents”. Huffingtonpost.com. 25 November 2009 . Retrieved 18 May 2010 .
- Jump up^ “BC News: Jetman Yves Rossy fails in Africa-Europe flight attempt” . BBC News. 25 November 2009 . Retrieved 18 May 2010 .
- Jump up^ Discover lesson videos de l Exploit the «Jetman»! ; 11 November 2010; 20 minutes of video; online; retrieved November 2015.
- Jump up^ ‘Jetman’ Pulls off Grand Canyon Flight quietly
- Jump up^ FAA: Jetman Can Fly Over Arizona’s Grand Canyon ; Deseret News; Accessed March 2014.
- Jump up^ Rocket Man Stan Lee’s Superhumans Archived3 October 2012 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Caulfield, Phillip (30 July 2013). “Swiss” Jetman “Yves Rossy flies Above Wisconsin alongside B-17 bomber” . New York Daily News . Retrieved 31 July 2013 .
- Jump up^ Good Day Wisconsin . Green Bay, Wisconsin . 31 July 2013. WLUK .
- Jump up^ Wash. Zur. Hölle .: YouTube Star “Jetman” mit Irrem Airbus Stunt
- Jump up^ Video. Le vol Spectacular Deux “Jetmen” aux Cotes d’un Avion the Ligne
- Jump up^ Watch Two ‘Jetmen’ Fly Alongside an A380 Superjumbo
- Jump up^ BBC TV 2, shown Sunday 12 June 2016 9pm to 10pm