Yuval Noah Harari
Yuval Noah Harari ( Hebrew : יובל נח הררי ; born 24 February 1976) is an Israeli historian, tenured professor at the Department of History of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem  and the author of the international bestseller Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind .
His latest book Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow was published in Hebrew in 2015. An English translation was published in the United Kingdom in September 2016.
Harari was born in Kiryat Ata , Israel in 1976 and Grew up in a Secular Jewish family or eastern European origin in Haifa , Israel . 
Harari first specialized in medieval history and military history, and studied from 1993 to 1998 at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem . He COMPLETED his doctorate at Jesus College, Oxford , in 2002 under the supervision of Steven J. Gunn . From 2003 to 2005 he pursued Postdoctoral studies in history, as a Yad Hanadiv partner. 
Since dan, he has published numerous books and articles, zoals Special Operations in the Age of Chivalry, 1100-1550 ;  The Ultimate Experience: Battlefield Revelations and the Making of Modern War Culture, 1450-2000 ;  The Concept of “Decisive Battles” in World History ;  and Armchairs, Coffee and Authority: Eye-witnesses and Flesh-witnesses Speak about War, 1100-2000 . 
He now gespecialiseerd in World History and macro-historical processes.
His book Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind was published and dan in Hebrew in 2011 in English in 2014; it has since dan leg translated JSON close to 30 extra talen.  The book surveys the entire length of human history , from the evolution of Homo sapiens in the Stone Age up to the political and technologische revolutions of the 21st century. The Hebrew edition became a bestseller in Israel and generated much interest beide in the academic community and the general public onder, turning Harari JSON a celebrity .  YouTube video clips or Harari’s Hebrew lectures on the history of the world port leg viewed by chains or duizendtallen or Israelis ; 
Harari ook Gives a free online course in English Titled A Brief History of Humankind . More than 100,000 people gehele world port Already tasks this course.
Harari Twice awarded the Polonsky Prize for Creativity and Originality in 2009 and 2012. In 2011 he was awarded the Society for Military History ‘s Moncado Award for outstanding articles in military history. In 2012 he was elected to the Young Israeli Academy of Sciences. In 2015 Sapiens was selected by Mark Zuckerberg , the founder of Facebook, for his online book club . Mark Invited his followers to read what he describes as “a big history narrative of human civilization.”
Homo sapiens interests
Harari is interested in how homo sapiens reached zijn current condition, and, ITT future. His research focuses on macro-historical questions zoals: What is the relatie tussen history and biology? What is the essential difference tussen Homo sapiens and other animals? Is there justice in history? Does history have a nice direction? Did people Become happier as history unfolded?
Harari regards dissatisfaction as the ‘deep root of human reality, and as related to evolution. 
Harari has commented on the dire plight of animals , bijzonder domesticated animals, since the Agricultural revolution, and is a vegan . 
Harari says Vipassana meditation , welke have Began whilst in Oxford, has ” Transformed my life .”  He practices’ for two hours every day, everytime year undertakes a meditation retreat or 30 days or longer, in silence and with no books or social media,    and is an assistant meditation teacher.  He dedicated Homo Deus to ” my teacher, SN Goenka , who lovingly taught me important things, ” and zegt “I Could not have written this book without the focus, peace and insight gained from Practising Vipassana for fifteen years. ” [ 16] He’ll be regards meditation as a way to research. 
Harari with his husband in 2002 and lives in Moshav (a type of cooperative Agricultural community or individual farms) Mesilat Zion near Jerusalem.    He is a vegan. 
- Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow (2016), ISBN 978-1910701881
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind (London: Secker HARVILL, 2014) ISBN 978-006-231-609-7
- The Ultimate Experience: Battlefield Revelations and the Making of Modern War Culture, 1450-2000 (Houndmills: Palgrave-Macmillan, 2008),  ISBN 978-023-058-388-7
- Special Operations in the Age of Chivalry, 1100-1550 (Woodbridge: BOYDELL & Brewer, 2007), ISBN 978-184-383-292-8
- Renaissance Military Memoirs: War, History and Identity , 1450-1600 (Woodbridge: BOYDELL & Brewer, 2004), ISBN 978-184-383-064-1
- The Military Role of the Frankish Turcopoles – a Reassessment , Mediterranean Historical Review 12 (1) (June 1997), pp. 75-116.
- Inter-Frontal Cooperation in the FOURTEENTH Century and Edward III’s 1346 Campaign , War in History 6 (4) (September 1999), pp. 379-395
- Strategy and Supply in FOURTEENTH-Century Western European Invasion campaigns , The Journal of Military History64 (2) (April 2000), pp. 297-334.
- Eyewitnessing in accounts of the First Crusade: The Gesta Francorum and Other Contemporary narratives , Crusades 3 (August 2004), pp. 77-99
- Martial Illusions: War and Disillusionment in Twentieth-Century Renaissance and Military Memoirs , The Journal of Military History 69 (1) (January 2005), pp. 43-72
- Military Memoirs: A Historical Overview of the genre from the Middle Ages to the Late Modern Age , War in History 14: 3 (2007), pp. 289-309
- The Concept of “Decisive Battles” in World History , The Journal of World History 18 (3) (2007), 251-266
- Knowledge, Power and the Medieval Soldier, 1096-1550 , in In Laudem Hierosolymitani: Studies in Crusades and Medieval Culture in Honour of Benjamin Z. Kedar, ed. Iris Shagrir Ronnie Ellenblum and Jonathan Riley-Smith, (Ashgate, 2007)
- Combat Flow: Military, Political and Ethical Dimensions of Subjective Well-Being in War , Review of General Psychology (September 2008) 
- Introduction to Peter Singer ‘s Animal Liberation , The Bodley Head , 2015.
- Jump up^ Yuval Harari site, at theHebrew University of Jerusalemsite
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Cadwalladr, Carole (July 5, 2015). “Yuval Noah Harari: The age of the cyborg has begun – and the consequences can not save be known” . The Guardian . Retrieved November 2, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “CV at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem” . 2008.
- Jump up^ Yuval Noah Harari,Special Operations in the Age of Chivalry, 1100-1550(Woodbridge:BOYDELL & Brewer, 2007)
- Jump up^ Yuval Noah Harari,The Ultimate Experience: Battlefield Revelations and the Making of Modern War Culture, 1450-2000(Houndmills:Palgrave-Macmillan, 2008)
- Jump up^ Yuval Noah Harari,The Concept of “Decisive Battles” in World History, in Journal of World History 18: 3 (2007), 251-266.
- Jump up^ Yuval Noah Harari,Armchairs, Coffee and Authority: Eye-witnesses and Flesh-witnesses Speak about War, 1100-2000,Journal of Military History74: 1 (January 2010), pp. 53-78.
- Jump up^ Payne, Tom (26 September 2014). “Sapiens: a Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari, review: ‘urgent questions ‘ ‘ . The Telegraph . Retrieved 29 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Fast talc / The road to happiness, inHaaretz, April 25, 2012
- Jump up^ “A Brief History of Mankind course, in theHebrew University of Jerusalemchannel inYouTube(inHebrew)
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Fast Talk The Road to Happiness” . 25 April 2017 – by Haaretz.
- Jump up^ Adams, Tim (27 August 2016). “Yuval Noah Harari:” We are a sure sign of acquiring powers that ulcers always thought to be divine ‘ ” – from The Guardian.
- Jump up^https://www.chathamhouse.org/sites/files/chathamhouse/field/field_document/Interview%20-%20Yuval%20Harari.pdf
- Jump up^ “Subscribe – theaustralian” .
- Jump up^ http://www.vridhamma.org/en2013-12
- Jump up^ Homo Deus, dedication and Acknowledgements p426
- Jump up^ “Fast Talk The Road to Happiness” . 25 April 2017 – by Haaretz.
- Jump up^ Appleyard, Bryan (31 August 2014). “Asking big questions” . thesundaytimes.co.uk . Retrieved 25 July 2015 .
- Jump up^ Reed, John (5 September 2014). “Lunch with the FT: Yuval Noah Harari” . ft.com . Retrieved 25 July 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Yuval Harari – YN Harari – Prof. Yuval Noah Harari – Official Site – Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind” .