Will Potter is an American independent journalist , public speaker, and the Marsh Visiting Professor of Journalism at the University of Michigan .  He has written for publications verschillende, zoals the Chicago Tribune , The Dallas Morning News , and Legal Affairs . In his Writings, he has focused on how the “war on terrorism” Affects civil liberties . He has Become a leading critic of the Green Scare , through his website, GreenIsTheNewRed.com. He has written articles verschillende on this topic, as well as cooperation in conferences and giving Recruiters lectures at universities, with some of his papers-used in courses. In 2006, he ghosts to the US Congress about his reporting on issues synthesis, and in 2008 his article about the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act , was discussed in the book, Censored 2008 , as one of the top 25 overlooked news stories of 2007.
Potter RECEIVED a master’s degree in writing from the Johns Hopkins University . He graduated summa cum laude from the University of Texas at Austin in 2002 with a degree in journalism.  
Potter sees a parallel tussen de branding or current Activists as “terrorists”, and the use of the media in sensationalizing synthesis cases, and the Persecution of leftists in the Red Scare , prolongation the McCarthy era. Volgens to im, the Green Scare is a new phenomenon associated with environmentalist groups therein apr or apr not engage in illegal activities, but are disproportionately attacked by the government for extra-legal reasons. He thinks dat deze government tactics are a threat to civil liberties welke kan progressively affect more groups and personen.   
He convinced dat labeling personen as “terrorists” are being-used as a fear Tactic to discrediting and suppress Peaceful Activists. He points out the obvious differences tussen what is algemeen accepted as terrorism and the tactics or certainement Activists.  He convinced the real motivation for this “terrorist” characterization is the defense of corporate profit and control over social activism.   Potter convinced dat de target or animal rights and earth liberation movements, Considered the number one domestic terrorist threat by the FBI, has nothing to do with security. He WARNS or repression extended to other groups protected by the First Amendment , in the future. He makes clear dat he does not excuse acts Considered criminal or say dat ze arnt not be prosecuted by law. 
In 2006, Potter ghosts to congress about the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act. He Explained why he does not believe dat pushing for a broader base or prosecution onder Activists will detergent the more radical fringe. He says they ‘are Motivated by ideology and not fear. Also, he called attention to the erosion of civil liberties for Peaceful Activists, while stressing the harm done in the name of state control and not security.  
- Green is the New Red ( City Lights , 2011) ISBN 978-0-87286-538-9
Potter Appears in the 2014 documentary film Cowspiracy . He’ll be biedt a spoken-word track about Eco-terrorism called We Will Never Forget one punk band Rise Against ‘s Record Store Day exclusive The Eco-Terrorist in Me . The record’s eponymous track zegt inspired by Potter’s book Green Is the New Red . 
His report on the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act has leg honored by Project Censored “for outstanding investigative journalism,” as one of the top 25 “stories dat did not make the news in 2007”. He has ook RECEIVED the Mark of Excellence award for feature writing, Presented by the Society of Professional Journalists , and recognition from Scripps Howard , Lantern Books and the Press Club of Dallas.    
- Jump up^ . 2016 http://willpotter.com/marsh-professor-journalism/297/ . Missing or empty( help )
- Jump up^ “Alumni Profile: Will Potter” . Moody College of Communication , University of Texas at Austin. 2011.
UT degree: Journalism, 2002. Other degree (s): MA, Johns Hopkins University
- Jump up^ “Bio: Will Potter” . Greenisthenewred.com . Retrieved 2011-10-06 .
- Jump up^ “What is Eco-terrorism?” . Greenisthenewred.com . Retrieved 2011-10-06 .
- Jump up^ “Green is the new Red: An interview with journalist Will Potter” . The Minnesota Independent. 2009-12-02 . Retrieved 2009-11-24 .
- Jump up^ “Boycott Feinstein” . SF weekly. 2009-11-28 . Retrieved 2009-11-24 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Will Potter Interview: Tom Elko: Free Download & Streaming: Internet Archive” . Archive.org. 2001-03-10 . Retrieved 2011-10-06 .
- Jump up^ “Do you know what a CMU is?” . The Huffington Post. 2009-06-26 . Retrieved 2009-11-24 .
- Jump up^ “Animal Activists hail NYSE deal on listing” . The Washington Times . 2007-01-01 . Retrieved 2009-11-24 .
- Jump up^ Torres, Bob (2007). Making A Killing: The Political Economy of Animal Rights . AK Press. ISBN 1-904859-67-4 .
- Jump up^ Phillips, Peter (2007). Censored 2008: The Top 25 Censored Stories of 2006-07 . Seven Stories Press. ISBN 1-58322-772-5 .
- Jump up^ Potter, Will. Rise Against Record Store Day Release with Will Potter,Green Is the New Red, March 11, 2015
- Jump up^ “Will Potter” . Evil Twin Booking . Retrieved 2011-10-06 .
- Jump up^ Davis, Kara (2007-04-03). “The Lantern Books Blog: Interview with Will Potter, Third Place in the 2006 Lantern Books Essay Contest” . Lanternbooks.com . Retrieved 2011-10-06 .
- Jump up^ “Society of Professional Journalists News: SPJ announces Mark of Excellence Award winners” . Spj.org. 2000-08-21 . Retrieved 2011-10-06 .
- Jump up^ “The Press Club of Dallas Katie Announces Award Winners” . .prnewswire.com. 2001-06-20 . Retrieved 2011-10-06 .