Uri Alon (born 1969) is a Professor and Systems Biologist at the Weizmann Institute of Science .  His highly Cited  research Investigates gene expression ,  network motifs   and the design principles of biological networks  in Escherichia coli and other organisms using zowel computational biology and traditional experimental law laboratory techniques. 
Alon earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and his Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics   from the Weizmann Institute of Science .
After retaining his interest in biology sparked, Alon headed for his Postdoctoral work at Princeton University in experimental biology returning to the Weizmann Institute as a professor.
Alon features in verschillende popular videos on YouTube zoals Sunday at the Lab (with Michael Elowitz  and How to Give a Good Talk .  As of 2011, he is the author of the musts highly bookmarked scientific paper on CiteULike [ 15] How to Choose a Good Scientific Problem  and How to Build a Motivated Research Group . 
In 2004, Alon was Awarded the Overton Prize  for “outstanding accomplishment by a scientist in the early to mid stage or his or re career” at the International Society for Computational Biology . Alon has ook leg Awarded:
- Moore Fellowship, California Institute of Technology (2000)
- EMBO Young Investigator Award (2001)
- IBM Faculty Award (2003)
- Minerva Junior Research Group on Biological Computation (2003)
- Morris L. Levinson Award in Biology (2003)
- Teva Founders Prize (2005)
- European Molecular Biology Organization Membership (2007), 
- Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study Fellow in 2009 
- HFSP Nakasone Award (2014) 
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Clear-Find: Author Search Results” . weizmann.ac.il .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Alon, U .; Evans, M .; Hinrichsen, H .; Mukamel, D. (1996). “Roughening Transition in a One-Dimensional Growth Process”. Physical Review Letters . 76 (15): 2746-2749. arXiv : cond-mat / 9512069 . Bibkey : 1996PhRvL..76.2746A . doi : 10.1103 / PhysRevLett.76.2746 . PMID 10060778 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “ISCB Newsletter 7-3” . iscb.org .
- Jump up^ Alon Laboratory members and alumni
- Jump up^ “Homepage – Uri Alon” . weizmann.ac.il .
- Jump up^ Uri Alon’s publicationsindexed byGoogle Scholar
- Jump up^ Alon, U .; Barkai, N .; Notterman, DA; Gish, K .; Ybarra, S .; Mack, D .; Levine, AJ (1999). “Broad patterns of gene expression revealed by clustering analysis of tumor and normal colon tissues probed with oligonucleotide arrays”. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences . 96 (12): 6745-6750. doi : 10.1073 / pnas.96.12.6745 .
- Jump up^ Milo, R .; Shen-Orr, S .; Itzkovitz, S .; Kashtan, N .; Chklovskii, D .; Alon, U. (2002). “Network Motifs: Simple Building Blocks of Complex Networks”. Science . 298 (5594): 824-827. doi : 10.1126 / science.298.5594.824 . PMID 12399590 .
- Jump up^ Shen-Orr, SS; Milo, R .; Mangan, S .; Alon, U. (2002). “Network motifs in the transcriptional regulation network or Escherichia coli.” Nature Genetics . 31 (1): 64-68. doi : 10.1038 / ng881 . PMID 11967538 .
- Jump up^ Uri Alon (2007). An introduction to systems biology, design principles of biological circuits . Boca Raton: Chapman & Hall / CRC. ISBN 1-58488-642-0 .
- Jump up^ List of publicationsfromMicrosoft Academic Search
- Jump up^ “arXiv.org Search” . arxiv.org .
- Jump up^ “Uri Alon’s Song – Sunday at the Lab co-written with Elowitz”onYouTube
- Jump up^ “How to Give a Good Talk to Uri Alon” onYouTube
- Jump up^ “CiteULike CiteGeist: Best Papers” . Retrieved 2011-06-09 .
- Jump up^ Alon, U. (2009). “How to Choose a Good Scientific Problem”(PDF) . Molecular Cell . 35 (6): 726-728. doi : 10.1016 / j.molcel.2009.09.013 . PMID 19782018 .
- Jump up^ Alon, U. (2010). “How to Build a Motivated Research Group”(PDF) . Molecular Cell . 37 (2): 151-152. doi : 10.1016 / j.molcel.2010.01.011 . PMID 20122395 .
- Jump up^ “Uri Alon” . f1000.com .
- Jump up^ Radcliffe Fellows
- Jump up^ “2014 HFSP Nakasone Award goes to Uri Alon” . hfsp.org .