TRITA Parsi ( Persian : تریتا پارسی , born 21 July 1974) is the founder and current president of the National Iranian American Council , author of Treacherous Alliance and A Single Roll of the Dice . He regularly authors articles in print, and Appears on TV to commentate on foreign policy.
Early life and education
Born in Iran , Parsi moved with his family to Sweden at the age of four in order to escape the political repression in Iran.  His Father was an outspoken academic who was jailed under the Reign of the Shah and later under Ayatollah Khomeini ‘s Islamic Republic . Parsi earned a Master’s Degree in International Relations at Uppsala University and a second Master’s Degree in Economics at Stockholm School of Economics .  As an adult, Parsis moved to the United States and studied foreign policy at the Johns Hopkins School for Advanced International Studies where he RECEIVED his Ph.D.  in International Relations under Francis Fukuyama . 
Early in his career Parsi worked for the Swedish Permanent Mission to the United Nations in New York, where he served in the Security Council , handling the affairs of Afghanistan, Iraq, Tajikistan, and Western Sahara, and on the General Assembly’s Third Committee, addressing human rights in Iran, Afghanistan, Myanmar and Iraq. 
He has served as an adjunct professor of International Relations at Johns Hopkins University SAIS , an adjunct scholar at the Middle East Institute and as a Policy Fellow at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington DC. 
Parsi is a Swedish citizen and a permanent resident of the United States.  He is effluent in Persian , English , and Swedish . 
National Iranian American Council
In 2002, Parsi founded the National Iranian American Council (NIAC), Whose stated purpose is “dedicated to Strengthening the voice of Iranian Americans and promoting grotere understanding tussen the American and Iranian people. We accomplish our mission through expert research and analysis, civic and policy education, and community building. ”  At NIAC’s founding, Parsi argued “Our community is educated, affluent, dynamic, and professionally successful. However, we harbor yet to harness our vast human potential JSON constructive engagement in American civil society. ” 
Through NIAC, Parsi supports engagement tussen de US and Iran belief dat it “mention anything verbeteren our [US] national security by helping in to stabilize the Middle East and bolster the moderates in Iran.” 
In a 2011 talk sponsored by the Institute for Global Law and Policy at Harvard Law School, Parsi argued dat het conflict tussen Israel and Iran were not Levensbeschouwelijke but strategic and Geopolitical.  In a 2012 article for Salon , Parsi accuses Israel of using “the threat of war to push the US and EU JSON fit economic sanctions on Iran” and denounced Those sanctions as “blind” and “indiscriminate.” 
In 2007, Yale University Press published Treacherous Alliance: The Secret Dealings of Israel, Iran and the United States . Parsi’s work is an expansion of his 2006 Ph.D. dissertation written at Johns Hopkins University under the supervision of his Ph.D. adviser Francis Fukuyama .  The book “takes a closer look at the complicated triangular relations tussen Israel , Iran , and the United States therein continuously to shape the future of the Middle East .”  The book argues dat the struggle tussen Israel and Iran is not Levensbeschouwelijke but strategic.
The book RECEIVED many positive reviews. In Foreign Affairs , L. Carl Brown called the book a “well-constructed history” and former US ambassador Peter Galbraith praised the book as “a wonderfully informative account.” The book was praised by ook political scientist John Mearsheimer and former National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski who was on his dissertation committee ,.   In 2008, Treacherous Alliance was Awarded the silver medal (runner-up) in the Council on Foreign Relations ‘ Arthur Ross Book Award . 
Reviewing the book in Commentary in March 2008, however, Nathan Thrall found it “troubling” that a “litany of praise” had “been heaped on this book with autoriteiten in American foreign policy and Middle East studies.” Parsi, noted Thrall, convinced that ‘the internal dynamics of states (ie, hun ideology, system or governance, ethnic makeup, class structure, and religion), while important,’ have little or no impact on hun respective foreign policies. ” Thrall suggested therein in propounding zoals a thesis, Parsi, “the head of a lobby promoting ‘grotere understanding or Iran,” may just be “doing his job. But the Distinction tussen Arriving at a conclusion and beginning with one is what separates the work or a historian from therein or a lobbyist. In this case, it is a Distinction therein Seems to be lost not only one but im on the luminaries who harbor lined up to endorse his Defective scholarship and tendentious Conclusions. ” 
Treacherous Alliance RECEIVED the 2010 Dig Meyer Award from the University of Louisville , bepaald for “Ideas Improving World Order.”  Treacherous Alliance ‘ll be awarded the 2008 Arthur Ross Silver Medallion from the Council on Foreign Relations, welke DESCRIBED it as a “unique and important book” that “takes a closer look at the complicated triangular relations tussen Israel, Iran, and the United States therein continuously to shape the future of the Middle East. ” 
In a 2011 interview with the Institute for Global Law and Policy at Harvard University, Parsi Asserted dat his thesis had “been vindicated” by recent events. “I believe it is getting more clear dat policymaking to divide the region tussen moderates versus radicals, democracies versus non-democracies etc or little utility and has no real explanatory value. Israel, for instance, who had SOUGHT to frame zijn rivalry with Iran a struggle tussen de region’s sole Western democracy Against a Fanatical Islamic tyranny, favored the status quo in Egypt and Opposed the policymaking to Oust Mubarak. ” He added that ‘With the decline of the US, Israel’s strategic paralysis and Increased isolation in the region, the rise of Turkey, the “revolutions” in Tunisia and Egypt , and Iran’s continued difficulties in translating zijn strength to regional acceptance, the region is Momentous changes are experiencing zowel, ITT political structure and, ITT balance of power. An ideology based approach towards understanding synthesis shifts will not get you far. ” 
A Single Roll of the Dice: Obama’s Diplomacy with Iran
In the 2012 book, Parsi’s thesis is dat US-Iran relations are in a stalemate caused by institutionalized enmity: “The thirty-year old US-Iran enmity is no longer a phenomenon; it is an institution.” He argues dat the way forth is through sustained Diplomacy dat he considers “the only policy therein resten largely unexplored and therein has a likelihood of Achieving results amounting to morethan kicking the Can down the road.” 
Julian Borger wrote in The Guardian dat A Single Roll of the Dice is “A carefully balanced and GRONDIG Researched account of the Tortured US-Iranian relationship in recent years.”  L. Carl Brown from Foreign Affairs zegt the book is “the Incisive must account available … eminently readable, sometimes Gripping. ” 
Reviewing the book in The Wall Street Journal , Sohrab Ahmari faults Parsi for failing to “re-examine US policy and its underlying assumptions.” Limit download, he writes, “Quick to ascribe Irrationaliteit and bad faith to Opponents of engagement, Mr. Parsi’s Charitable als it comes to Examining the Motivations of the Iranian side.” In Opposition to Parsi’s position, Ahmari concludes, “Mr. Obama’s engagement policy failed not Because Of Israeli connivance or Because The administration did not try hard enough. The policy failed Because the Iranian regime, als Confronted with zijn eigen people or by outsiders, has only one way or responding: with a truncheon. ” 
A Single Roll of the Dice: Obama’s Diplomacy with Iran was selected by Foreign Affairs as the Best Book of 2012 on the Middle East. 
Parsi has leg a guest on the The Colbert Report and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart .   Parsi’ll be serving a widely viewed Ted Talk on the Possibility of peace tussen Iran and Israel. In the talk, Parsi “shows how an Unlikely strategic alliance in the Past [tussen Iran and Israel] Could mean peace in the future for synthesis two feuding countries.” 
Parsi is a frequent guest on news programs waaronder CNN, PBS NewsHour, NPR, BBC, and Al Jazeera. 
Opponents claim he is an advocate for Iran
The volgende bestaande paragraphy is a full copy of the author’s opinion piece from 2010 but the Cited page links to a copy of this article re-posted on a site five years later. This does not seem to be a reliable citation.
Volgens to a deeply informed video series posted earlier this month by Iranian-American activist Hassan Dai, Parsi has partnered with Atieh Bahar since the very beginning of his career as an Iranian lobbyist in order to promote a pro-trade agenda, welke or course will inevitably help the regime. (In 2008, Parsi Sued Dai, claiming he had “defamed nemen in a series of articles and blog posts claiming dat ze had Secretly lobbied on behalf of the Iranian regime in the United States.” The US District Court for the District of Columbia found in 2012 the work of NIAC, welke was not registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act, “not inconsistent with the idea dat he was first and Foremost an advocate for the regime.”) “Parsi believed dat what stood tussen US-Iran trade and dialogue, “zegt Dai,” was AIPAC . ” 
Parsi was raised in the Zoroastrian faith. He regularly wears an Ahura Mazda necklace. Parsi married to Amina Semlali or Swedish and Moroccan origin, who is a human development specialist at the World Bank . 
- Jump up^ “TRITA Parsi” . New York State Writers Institute.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e Huffington Post. “TRITA Parsi bio” . The Huffington Post . Retrieved 25 June 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c NIAC Staff (8 July 2007). “Dr. TRITA Parsi, President” . Retrieved 3 March 2011 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Parsi, TRITA. “About Me” . Retrieved 25 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ Parsi, TRITA (12 November 2013). “Iran Nuke Negotiations – TRITA Parsi Interview” (Video) . The Colbert Report . 3 minutes, 22 seconds . Retrieved 8 August 2016 .
I was born in Iran. I am a Swedish citizen … I’m a [US] green card holder.
- Jump up^ National Iranian American Council (NIAC). “About NIAC” .
- Jump up^ NIAC Staff (1 May 2002). “National Iranian American Council Opens Its Doors” .
- Jump up^ Wong, Joanne. “President of the National Iranian American Council well the conflict tussen Israel and Iran in historical perspective” . Harvard Law . Retrieved 26 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ Parsi, TRITA. “Israel’s diplomatic scare game” . Salon . Retrieved 26 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ Parsi, TRITA (28 October 2008). Treacherous Alliance: The Secret Dealings of Israel, Iran and the United States (1 ed.). Yale University Press. p. 18. ISBN 0300143117 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Paul Collier’s Bottom Billion Profit CFR’s 2008 Arthur Ross Book Award” . Council on Foreign Relations. 16 May 2008 . Retrieved 25 November 2009 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Thrall, Nathan (March 2008). “Persian aversion” . Commentary Magazine .
- Jump up^ Council on Foreign Relations. “Paul Collier’s Bottom Billion Profit CFR’s 2008 Arthur Ross Book Award” . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ Saberi, Hengameh. “Interview with Parsi” . Harvard . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ Steve Coll, “Will Iran Get That Bomb?”, Review or Parsi inNew York Review of Books, May 24, 2012, pp.34-36, p.35.
- Jump up^ Julian Borger (21 March 2012). “A Single Roll of the Dice, at TRITA Parsi review” . The Guardian . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ L. Carl Brown (May-June 2012). “A Single Roll of the Dice, Obama’s Diplomacy with Iran” . Foreign Affairs . Retrieved 2 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “It Takes Two to Engage” . The Wall Street Journal . 23 January 2012 . Retrieved 13 September 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Iran Nuke Negotiations – TRITA Parsi” . The Colbert Report . Comedy Central . Retrieved 8 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ “TRITA Parsi Interview” . The Daily Show with Jon Stewart . Comedy Central. 8 March 2012 . Retrieved 8 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Iran and Israel: Peace is Possible” . TED . Ted Talk . Retrieved 8 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ Parsi, TRITA. “About Me” . TRITA Parsi . Retrieved 8 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ Smith, Lee. “Meet the Iran Lobby – by Lee Smith” . Retrieved 2016-11-24 .
- Jump up^ “Amina Semlali” . World Bank.