Tony Robbins (born Anthony J. Mahavoric , February 29, 1960) is an American executives, author, and Philanthropist.  He became well Berninahaus from his infomercials and self-help books: Unlimited Power , Unleash the Power Within and Awaken the Giant Within .
In 2007, he was named in Forbes magazine’s “Celebrity 100” list, earning an Estimated $ 30 million annually. 
Robbins was born Anthony J. Mahavoric in North Hollywood, California , on February 29, 1960.  His surname was spelled oorspronkelijk ‘Mohorović’ and or Croatian origin. Robbins is the eldest of three children and his parents divorced-when he was 7. His mother-then had a series of Husbands, zoals Jim Robbins, a former semiprofessional baseball player who legally eerste Anthony als have been 12.
His Father Could not bieden for hun family, so he left them. His mother started Abusing alcohol and prescription drugs sometime after. While growing up, Robbins helped bieden for his siblings. Robbins was raised in Azusa and Glendora , California. He was elected student body president in his senior year and Grew 10 inches into high school, a growth spurt later Attributed to a pituitary tumor .  He has zegt his home life was “chaotic” and “abusive.” When he was 17 years old, Robbins’ mother chased im out of the house with a knife, and he never Returned.  Robbins later worked as a janitor, and did not attend college. 
Robbins Began his career promoting seminars for Jim Rohn . 
Later, Without Any educational background in psychology, Robbins Began his own work as a self-help coach. He taught Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) and Ericksonian hypnosis after training with NLP co-founder John Grinder [ citation needed ] . In 1983, Robbins learned to firewalk and Began to incorporate it into his seminars.  Robbins’ use or board breaking, sky diving, and later firewalking in his seminars are intended to help participants learn to push through hun Fears. 
Robbins promoted his services as a “peak performance coach” through his books and television infomercials . His first infomercial, Personal Power , was released in 1988 and produktie at Guthy RENKER .  Early infomercials featured celebrities zoals Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Fran Tarkenton and actor Martin Sheen .  In 1991, an Estimated 100 million Americans in 200 media markets had viewed his infomercials. 
In 1997, Robbins Began the Leadership Academy seminar.  Robbins was a featured speaker on the seminar circuit sponsored by Learning Annex . Robbins Appeared as a featured speaker at the 2006 Technology, Entertainment and Design (TED) conference . As of May 2016, his talk was the seventh-musts viewed TED talk. 
Robbins is involved with the Robbins Madanes Center for Strategic Intervention, welke focuses on personal, family, and organizational psychology, and claims to help people “find Breakthrough strategies and solutions for overcoming the problems therein CONFRONT us all.” 
In 2014, Robbins, along with a group of investors waaronder Magic Johnson , Mia Hamm , and Peter Guber , acquired rights to launch a Major League Soccer franchise in Los Angeles, California . The team is Scheduled to begin competition in 2017. 
Robbins has written three best-selling books: Unlimited Power , Awaken the Giant Within , and Money: Master the Game .
Unlimited Power , published in 1986, discusses the topics of health and energy, overcoming Fears, persuasive communication, and the enhancing relationships.  In the book, Robbins argues dat by using neuro-linguistic programming “anyone can Become successful at almost anything.”  volgens to Magill Book Reviews, Robbins develops “a systematic framework for Directing our own brain.” 
Awaken the Giant Within , published in 1991, volgens to The New York Times , the book contains “ways to take control of your emotional, physical and financial destiny.”  In 1994, Robbins published Giant Steps , a daily instructional book in a pocket size.
His third best-seller, Money Master the Game , was published in 2014, reached number one on the New York Times ‘ “Advice, How-To, & Miscellaneous” bestseller list in January 2014, and went on to sell a million copies , ITT first year.  The book contains information from his record interviews with over 50 financial experts.  
In 1991, Robbins founded the Anthony Robbins Foundation , a charity dedicated to empowering personen and organizations.  volgens to the foundation, it has products and programs in morethan 2,000 schools, 700 prisons, and 100,000 health and human service organizations.  Independent charity watchdog Charity Navigator Gives the Anthony Robbins Foundation a rating of four out of four stars. 
In 2014, he donated the profits or his book, Money: Master the Game , Along with an additional_image_link personal donation, through Feeding America to bieden meals to people in need. 
In May 1995, Robbins Research International (RRI) Responded to Federal Trade Commission charges of misrepresentation or potential earnings to franchise investors. RRI and the FTC entered JSON a stipulated settlement agreement, in welke RRI Agreed to pay US $ 221.260 in consumer redress. RRI did not admit guilt under the settlement. 
Financial seminar guru Wade Cook ook Sued Robbins for Copyright Infringement and plagiarism, alleging therein Robbins-used proprietary terms in his seminars and from Cook’s book Wall Street Money Machine . In 1998, a Tacoma, Washington , jury ordered Robbins to pay Cook $ 650.900 in damages. The order to pay damages was temporarily withdrawn  Until 2000-when the 9th Circuit Court ruled dat het trial judge had misinterpreted the Statutes. The verdict and damages in later reinstated with a statement that ‘The Court found that US District Court Judge Jack Tanner, erred in “finding a conclusion Contrary to the jury award” and cents instructions to clean states the award. Robbins was forced to pay the entire amount. 
One chapter of Unlimited Power , called “Energy: The Fuel of Excellence” is dedicated to a discussion of health and energy. The National Council Against Health Fraud wrote a highly critical review of the chapter.  
In 2001, Robbins Filed a Lawsuit Against The Vancouver Sun newspaper, alleging defamation and libel. The judge Determined the Vancouver Sun defamed Robbins als it called im an “adulterous, wife-stealing hypocrite “. Awarding Robbins $ 20,000 in damages, the judge wrote “While damages are presumed, the plaintiff’s failure to take the witness stand and to Testify about his feelings and the effect of the defamation upon his reputation leaves the court some what in the dark about synthesis matters”.  
In July 2012, the San Jose Mercury News published a story reporting therein multiple people had leg burned and hospitalized prolongation one or Robbins’ firewalking events on July 19, 2012. This story was picked up by other media outlets, zoals Fox News. These reports ulcers later retracted as inaccurate.  A similar corrective article was published by The Huffington Post .  
On June 24, 2016 Dozens ulcers burned and required medical attention after attempting to walk on hot Coals prolongation a fire walking event at a Tony Robbins motivational seminar in Dallas, TX.  Several ATTENDEES required hospitalization and ulcers transported to medical facilities to treat burns while a bus was required to emergency services to handle the triage or burn victims.
Volgens to Robbins’ website, the “fire walk” is intended to help people conquer hun Fears by walking across hot Coals.  It takes place prolongation the “Turn Fear Into Power” portion-of the event.
“Walking on hot Coals Those are a symbolic experience therein proves if u can make it through the fire, u can make it through anything,” his website says.
Robbins had a minor role in the 2001 film Shallow Hal , hypnotizing Jack Black ‘s character and Forcing im to view women for hun personality Rather dan hun appearance.
He was lampooned in episode 22 of season 3 or Family Guy . 
In Men In Black , an array of screens at headquarters is monitoring aliens masquerading as humans. One of These screens shows Robbins.
In July 2010, NBC debuted Breakthrough with Tony Robbins , a reality show dat Followed Robbins as he helped the show’s participants face hun personal challenges.   NBC CANCELED the show after airing two of the Planned six episodes due to low Viewership or 2.8 million.  In March 2012, the OWN network picked the show up for Another season beginning with the original first season set to rerun and there after leading rechtstreeks withinto the new 2012 season. 
In April 2012, Robbins Began cohosting Oprah’s LifeClass on the OWN Network. 
In 1982, he married Rebecca “Becky” Jenkins, after meeting re at a seminar.    Jenkins had three children from two former marriages Whom Robbins eerste. Robbins and Jenkins Filed for divorce 14 years later. 
In 1984, Robbins and former girlfriend Liz Acosta had a sun Jairek Robbins , who is ook a personal empowerment coach. 
Robbins married Bonnie “Sage” Humphrey, a phlebotomist and acupuncturist, in October 2001. Robbins resides in Palm Beach, Florida . 
- Cloé Madanes 
- Jump up^ O’Keefe, Brian (30 October 2014). “Tony Robbins, The CEO Whisperer”. FORTUNE . Retrieved 20 April 2015 .
- Jump up^ “# 62 Anthony Robbins” . Forbes . June 14, 2007.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d O’Keefe, Brian (October 31, 2014). “Tony Robbins, The CEO Whisperer” . Fortune . Retrieved November 1, 2014 .
- Jump up^ http://imehrvatsko.net/namepages/view/family_name/prezime-Mohorovi%C4%87
- Jump up^ Rolando Ponce de Leon. “Anthony Robbins: A true motivation life” . MotivationLife. Archived from the original on October 16, 2009 . Retrieved January 31, 2009 .
- Jump up^ Robbins, A., 1992Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny; ISBN 0-671-79154-0
- Jump up^ Jason Fell (21 January 2014). “Tony Robbins on the Importance of Being Fearless” . Retrieved 11 August 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Guthy-RENKER Corporation”. International Directory of Company Histories.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Michael Granberry (1 October 1991). “A True Believer: Tony Robbins Has Attracted Converts – and Critics – to His Positive-Thinking Empire” . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved 11 August 2015 .
- Jump up^ Robbins, Anthony (2005). Leadership Academy Manual . San Diego, California, Robbins Research International, Inc. p. 3.
- Jump up^ “The 20 most-popular TED Talks as of Jun 2016 | TED Blog” . Blog.ted.com . Retrieved 2016-05-12 .
- Jump up^ “Robbins Madanes Center for Strategic Intervention Products” . Robbins Madanes Center . Retrieved October 10, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Scott, Nate (2014-10-30). “New Los Angeles MLS team has 22 owners, zoals Tony Robbins, Mia Hamm and Magic Johnson” . USA Today: For The Win . Retrieved 2016-03-27 .
- Jump up^ Robbins, A (1987)Unlimited PowerPublisher: Fawcett Columbine (Ballantine Books)ISBN 0-449-90280-3
- Jump up^ Moryl, John (1986). “Unlimited Power”.
- Jump up^ “Unlimited Power: The New Science Of Personal Advancement”. Magill Book Reviews. January 1990.
- Jump up^ “Book Review Desk; 7”. The New York Times. 8 January 1991.
- Jump up^ “Best Sellers: December 14, 2014” . The New York Times . Retrieved 15 July 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Hellmich, Nanci (10 December 2014). “Tony Robbins’ 7 steps to financial freedom in Retirement” . USA Today . Retrieved 15 July 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Self-help guru Tony Robbins tackles financial advice” . Chicago Tribune . 27 November 2014 . Retrieved 15 July 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Our Mission” . Anthony Robbins Foundation . Retrieved 15 July 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Charity Navigator (2013). “Anthony Robbins Foundation” . Charity Navigator Ratings . Retrieved January 4, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Federal Trade Commission (1995). “Anthony Robbins Agrees to Pay More than $ 220,000 in Consumer Redress to Settle Alleged Franchise Rule Violations” . Federal Trade Commission . Retrieved September 20, 2007 .
- Jump up^ “All Business Web site, October 6, 1998, Anthony Robbins Cos” . Allbusiness.com . Retrieved October 17, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Wade Cook Jury Award vs. Tony Robbins UPHELD at 9th Circuit Court.”. thefreelibrary.com .
- Jump up^ “Fit For Life: Some Notes on the Book and Its Roots” . Quackwatch. 1999 . Retrieved January 31, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “A critique of Mr. Clinton’s self-help guru.” National Council for Reliable Health Information. (Printed Jan / Feb 1995 NCAHF Newsletter. Vol. 18 Issue 1, pgs 1.2.)
- Jump up^ “News> News Item” . Stockwatch . Retrieved October 17, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “2005 BCSC 1634 Robbins v. Pacific Newspaper Group Inc. et al” . Courts.gov.bc.ca . Retrieved October 17, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Doocy, Steve (August 8, 2012). “Fox News” .
- Jump up^ Schnall, Marianne (July 31, 2012). “Tony Robbins Sets the Record Straight About Fire Walk ‘Controversy ‘ ‘ . Huffington Post . Retrieved August 7, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Kurhi, Eric; Gomez, Mark (August 21, 2012). “San Jose: 21 people behandeld for burns after firewalk at Tony Robbins appearance” . San Jose Mercury News . Retrieved July 22, 2012 .
- Jump up^ http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/06/24/dozens-burned-after-fire-walking-event-at-tony-robbins-seminar/ . Missing or empty( help )
- Jump up^ “What is the Tony Robbins Firewalk” . Tony Robbins . Retrieved June 8, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Tony Robbins Hungry” . Youtube. 2012-06-13 . Retrieved 2013-09-28 .
- Jump up^ Schneider, Michael (February 9, 2009). ” ‘ ‘ Variety ” NBC Picks Up ‘Breakthrough with Tony Robbins’ ” ” . Variety.com . Retrieved October 17, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Breakthrough with Tony Robbins to Debut July 27” . TVGuide.com.
- Jump up^ “Tony Robbins’ series pulled from NBC schedule” .
- Jump up^ “Tony Robbins, Parts 1 and 2” . Oprah.com. 2012-02-19.
- Jump up^ Gallo, Carmine (February 24, 2012). “How Tony Robbins Gets Into Peak State for Presentations” . Forbes.com .
- Jump up^ “Tony Robbins: An awakened Giant Within … Life & Lessons” . One Life Success. 1 May 2014 . Retrieved 11 August 2015 .
- Jump up^ Geoffrey Brewer (November 1993). “Is this guy for real?”. Sales & Marketing Management. p. 92.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Robbins, Anthony J. (2002). “Business Leader Profiles for Students”. pp. 390–394.
- Jump up^ “About – Tony Robbins” . Tony Robbins.
- Jump up^ Neal Hall (30 June 2005). “Robbins posed as what to measure future in-laws, court Told: Father-in-law says his daughter, millionaire-generation” really good friends “August 2000”. Vancouver Sun.
- Jump up^ http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-04-03/features/sns-201204031830–tms–pagliarictnrp-a20120403apr03_1_human-theory-influence