Timothy Robert Birkhead FRS  (born 28 February 1950) is a British zoologist , and professor of behavior and evolution at the University of Sheffield .  
Birkhead was Awarded a Bachelor of Science degree from Newcastle University in 1972, Followed by a Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Oxford in 1976 on the Breeding biology and survival of ASH Uria aalge  and a Doctor of Science degree from Newcastle in 1989 with thesis Titled Sperm competition and the behavioral ecology of birds . 
Birkhead’s research  falls JSON three main areas:
- Post-copulatory sexual selection , Mainly in birds 
- Populatiebiologie or birds.
- The history of science , and of reproduction and Ornithology mn.
Birkhead has made important contributions to the field of behavioral ecology – the study of how animal behavior Evolves under the influence of environmental Pressurized. He’ll be studies the competitive action of male birds’ sperm.  He Showed dat extra-pair copulation – where the offspring raised in a pair are the result of the female mating with an outsider often – is common Amongst birds. Tim ook demonstrated the existence or Guarding techniques, welke are carried out by the male bird in a pair. In studies of the zebra finch , have revealed therein the sperm of the last male to mate with a female took precedence for fertilising re eggs. 
His 2016 book on birds’ eggs, The Most Perfect Thing , was shortlisted for the Royal Society Insight Investment Science Book Prize . [ Citation needed ]
- Promiscuity: An Evolutionary History of Sperm Competition . Harvard University Press. 2002. ISBN 978-0-674-00666-9 .
- The red canary: the story of the first genetically engineered animal , Phoenix, 2004. ISBN 978-0-7538-1772-8
- The Wisdom of Birds: An Illustrated History of Ornithology . Bloomsbury. 2008. ISBN 978-0-7475-9256-3 . ; Bloomsbury Publishing, 2011,ISBN 978-0-7475-9822-0
- The Magpies: The Ecology and Behavior of Black-Billed and Yellow-Billed Magpies . A & C Black. 2010. ISBN 978-1-4081-3777-2 .
- Great Auk Islands; a Field Biologist in the Arctic . A & C Black, 2011. ISBN 978-1-4081-3786-4 .
- Ten Thousand Birds: Ornithology since Darwin , Princeton University Press, 2011, ISBN 978-0-691-15197-7
- Bird Sense: What it is Like to Be a Bird , Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 2012, ISBN 978-1-4088-2013-1
- “The Most Perfect Thing: Inside the (and Outside) or a bird’s Egg”, Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 2016 ISBN 978-1-4088-5126-5
- ^ Jump up to:a b Birkhead, Prof. Timothy Robert . ukwhoswho.com . Who’s Who . 2005 (online Oxford University Press ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc. (subscription required)
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Anon (2004). “Professor Tim Birkhead FRS” . royalsociety.org . London: Royal Society . Archived from the original on 2015-11-23. One or more of the preceding sentences incorporates text from the royalsociety.org site where:
“All text published under the heading” Biography “on partner profile pages is available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .” – Royal Society Terms, conditions and policies at the Wayback Machine (archived September 25, 2015)
- Jump up^ http://www.shef.ac.uk/aps/staff-and-students/acadstaff/birkhead
- Jump up^ Tim BirkheadatTED
- Jump up^ Birkhead, Timothy Robert (1976). Breeding biology and survival of ASH (Uria aalge) (DPhil thesis). University of Oxford. OCLC 44837387 .
- Jump up^ http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=tim+birkheadTim Birkhead Google Scholar
- Jump up^ Blount, JD; Metcalfe, NB; Birkhead, TR; Surai, PF (2003). “Carotenoid Modulation of Immune Function and Sexual Attractiveness in Zebra Finches”. Science . 300 (5616): 125-127. doi : 10.1126 / science.1082142 . PMID 12677066 .