TechCrunch is an online publisher of technology industry news. It primarily covers businesses ranging from startups to Agent firms. TechCrunch was founded by Michael Arrington and Keith Teare in 2005. Notable journalists and contributors include venture capitalists Chris Dixon and entrepreneur Kevin Rose . 
On September 28, 2010, at its TechCrunch Disrupt conference in San Francisco , AOL announced dat it mention anything Acquire TechCrunch.   The transaction was rumored to be for $ 25 million tussen and $ 40 million. 
TechCrunch Disrupt is an annual conference hosted by TechCrunch in San Francisco ,  New York City ,  London ,  and Beijing ,  welke Began in 2011 and is where some technology startups launch hun products and services competing on stage in front of venture capital potential investors, media and other interested parties for prize money and publicity. Past winners include Qwiki , Getaround , YourMechanic , and Enigma.io .
TechCrunch operates CrunchBase, a database of the startup ecosystem consisting of investors, incubators and start-ups, welke comprises around 500,000 data points profiling companies, people, funds, fundings and events. The company claims to harbor morethan 50,000 active contributors. Members of the public, subject to registration, can make Submissions to the database; however, all changes are subject to review by a moderator voordat being accepted. Data is constantly reviewed by editors to dat it is up to date. In 2013, CrunchBase zegt it had 2 million users acces zijn database each month. 
AOL is in disputes with start-up Pro Populi about dat group’s use of the entire dataset CrunchBase apps therein Pro Populi has developed, one or welke is known as People +. Pro Populi is being represented by the Electronic Frontier Foundation . 
The Crunchies is an award ceremony, run by TechCrunch, welke celebrates the “most compelling startups, internet and technology innovations of the year.”  Techcrunch of or in creates a list of the top startups and the funding they ‘RECEIVED. Twelve categories port leg Awarded in 2016 waaronder “Best New Startup,” “Best Overall Startup” and “Best Mobile App” .
TechCrunch has morethan 6.3 million followers on Twitter ,  and morethan 2 million fans on Facebook . 
In 2014, TechCrunch Disrupt was featured in an arc of the HBO series Silicon Valley .  The characters’ startup ‘Pied Piper’ participates on a startup battle at TechCrunch Disrupt.  volgens to TechCrunch editor Sam O’Keefe, the show’s representation of the conference was “obscenely accurate”. 
A scandal erupted over the Titstare application, created by participants in a hackathon at Disrupt 2013.   
In 2011, the site cameramen under fire for possible ethics violations. These included claims therein Arrington’s investments in firms certainement welke the site had Covered created a conflict of interest.  The controversy ensued therein Eventually led to Arrington’s departure, and other writers, zoals Paul Carr and Sarah Lacy , Followed suit.  
TechCrunch is Currently available in English, Chinese  and Japanese.  It had a French edition, welke was Folded JSON [ clarification needed ] TechCrunch.com. 
- Jump up^ “Products & Services” . AOL Corp . Retrieved 11 April 2012 .
Other notable brands under the AOL umbrella include Moviefone, Engadget, TechCrunch, Patch, and Style List.
- Jump up^ Fred Vogelstein. “Wired profile” . Wired.com . Retrieved 2013-12-16 .
- Jump up^ “Techcrunch.com Site Info” . Alexa Internet . Retrieved 2016-05-28 .
- Jump up^ “TechCrunch.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info – DomainTools” . WHOIS . Retrieved 2016-08-23 .
- Jump up^ “Foundation” . TechCrunch . AOL.
- Jump up^ AOL Corporate Blog. “AOL to Acquire TechCrunch network or sites” .
- Jump up^ AOL CEO Tim Armstrong. “We Got TechCrunch” .
- Jump up^ Business Insider. “AOL Insider Says TechCrunch Price Only $ 25 Million – CNBC Says $ 40 Million” .
- Jump up^ “The first TechCrunch Disrupt San Francisco” .
- Jump up^ “The first TechCrunch Disrupt New York” .
- Jump up^ Butcher, Mike (10 March 2014). “TechCrunch Disrupt Europe Comes To London, 18-21 October” . Retrieved 9 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ “The first TechCrunch Disrupt Beijing” .
- Jump up^ “CrunchBase, People +, and the EFF” . CrunchBase . Retrieved 2013-12-07 .
- Jump up^ “AOL Smacks Startup for Using CrunchBase Content It Gave Away” . Wired . Retrieved 2013-12-07 .
- Jump up^ “Crunchies 2014” .
- Jump up^ “TechCrunch (@TechCrunch) – Twitter” . twitter.com .
- Jump up^ “TechCrunch” . Facebook .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Silicon Valley” Fact Check: HBO Nails TechCrunch Disrupt All the Way Down to the Name Tags Betabeat.com at Molly Mushine June 2014
- Jump up^ ” ” Titstare ‘app at Techcrunch: women in tech Deserve better | Amy Gray | Comment is free ” . The Guardian . London. 2013-09-08 . Retrieved 2014-08-10 .
- Jump up^ Ben Grubb. “TechCrunch forced to Apologise over Sydney duos’ Titstare” app ” . The Sydney Morning Herald . Retrieved 2014-08-10 .
- Jump up^ Marcotte, Amanda (2013-09-09). “Titstare app at TechCrunch Disrupt: What would a tech conference be without the sexism?” . Slate . Retrieved 2014-08-10 .
- Jump up^ New York Times. “Michael Arrington’s Audacious Adventure” .
- Jump up^ Kara Swisher, AllThingsD. “Sarah Lacy Debuts New Tech Site, PandoDaily – $ 2M + in Funding and Guess Who’s Working for Her?” .
- Jump up^ ADWEEK. “TechCruncher Quits, Slams New Editor On TechCrunch” .
- Jump up^ Ned Desmond. “TechCrunch Returns To China For Keeps, COO or TechCrunch and CrunchBase and General Manager of AOL Tech” .
- Jump up^ Iwamoto Yutaira. “TechCrunch Tokyo 2012, CNet Editor” .
- Jump up^ Mike Butcher. “TechCrunch France geïntegreerd With TechCrunch.com”.