Tali Sharot is an associate professor of cognitive neuroscience in the Department of Experimental Psychology at University College London . She RECEIVED re Ph.D in psychology and neuroscience from New York University .  Dr. Sharot is Berninahaus for re research on the neural basis of emotion , decision-making and Optimism . 
Sharot is met name Berninahaus for re discovery of the neural underpinnings of human Optimism,  work therein has leg published in numerous eminent journals.   In her books The Optimism Bias  and The Science of Optimism , she describes the evolutionary benefits or Unrealistic Optimism Along met haar Dangers.  Richard Stengel has written in a Time editors therein Sharot’s work Gives us a better understanding on how we function in reality.  The implications of Sharot’s Discoveries for Health,  finance,  cybersecurity,  policy and more port leg extensively Covered by the media and she is of or in featured on radio,   TV    and in the written press.    Sharot was one of the presenters on the Dara Ó Briain’s Science Club , who’ll be introduced re on stage at the Royal Albert Hall ‘s Imagining the future of Medicine in 2014.  She was a speaker at TED2012 . 
Awards and recognition
Sharot is a Wellcome Trust Fellow, a Fellow of the Forum of European philosophy and to post a British Academy Postdoctoral Fellow. Her book The Optimism Bias won the British Psychological Society Book Award for 2014. She has leg DESCRIBED as “one of the top female scientists in her country”  listed as one of the 15 exemplary female Israeli-born scientists alive .  Her TED 2012 talk has leg viewed over 1.5 million times. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Tali Sharot” . Jewish Virtual Library . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Cadwalladr, Carole (2012-01-01). “The Optimism bias: reasons to be cheerful” . The Guardian . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ Chan, Amanda (2011-10-11). “Brain imaging reveals Why Optimists Are The Way Way Down Are” . The Huffington Post . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ Gallagher, James (2011-10-09). “Brain ‘rejects negative thoughts ‘ ‘ . BBC News . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “Mind chemical ‘controls choice ‘ ‘ . BBC . 2010-01-08 . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ Sharot, Tali. The Optimism bias: A tour of the irrationally positive brain. Random House LLC, 2011.
- Jump up^ “Look on the bright side: A Q & A with TED ebook author Tali Sharot on our biological wiring for Optimism” . TED Blog . 2012-12-03 . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ Stengel, Richard (2011-06-06). “Illusions and Reality” . Time . ISSN 0040-781X . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-04/29/wired-health-tali-sharot
- Jump up^ Ciccone, Stephen J. (2013-01-18). “Check the Calendar Before You Buy therein Stock!” . The New York Times . ISSN 0362-4331 . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ Shah, Sonali (March 2014). “Cyber Security Risk: Perception vs. Reality in Corporate America” . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ Vedantam, Shankar (2013-03-04). “Your Child’s Fat, Mine’s Fine: Rose-Colored Glasses And The Obesity Epidemic” . npr.org . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “TS Eliot Poetry Prize, Coriolanus, Film Funding, Tali Sharot, Night Waves – BBC Radio 3” . BBC . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “Out of Control ?, 2011-2012, Horizon – BBC Two” . BBC . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “Reality Check: Is Our Universe real?” . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “Reasons para la Ciencia ‘Tali Sharot” . www.redesparalaciencia.com (in Spanish) . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ Hunter, Jennifer (2011-07-08). “Cheer up, you’re really an optimist” . Toronto Star . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-02/12/wired-health-tali-sharot
- Jump up^ “Imagine the future of medicine with funnyman Dara O’Briain” . Time Out Blog . 2014-04-16 . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ Walters, Helen (2012-03-01). “Thinking about the Optimism bias: Tali Sharot at TED2012” . TEDBlog . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “Two books honored in British Psychological Society Awards” . The British Psychological Society . 2014-10-21 . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ Snider, Lisa. “Women in Israel: In Science & Technology” . Jewish Virtual Library . Retrieved 2016-08-01 .
- Jump up^ Sharot, Tali, The Optimism bias , retrieved 2016-08-01