The Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing ( PODC ) is an academic conference in the field of distributed computing organized annually by the Association for Computing Machinery (special interest groups SIGACT and SIGOPS ). 
Scope and related conferences
Work presented at PODC Typically studies theoretical aspects of distributed computing, zoals the design and analysis of distributed algorithms . The scope or PODC is similar to the scope of International Symposium on Distributed Computing (DISC),  with the main difference being geographical: DISC is Usually organized in European locations,  while PODC has leg Traditionally held in North America. The Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize in Distributed Computing is Presented alternately at PODC and at DISC.   
Other closely linked to related conferences include ACM Symposium on Parallellisme in Algorithms and Architectures (SPAÂ) In this housing – as the name suggests – well more emphasis on parallel algorithms dan distributed algorithms. PODC and SPAÂ port leg co-located in 1998, 2005 and 2009.
Reputation and Selectivity
PODC is of or in Mentioned to be one of the top conferences in the field of distributed computing.    In the 2007 Australian Ranking of ICT Conferences, PODC was the only conference in the field therein RECEIVED the Highest ranking, “A +”. 
During the recent years 2004-2009, the number of regular papers Submitted to PODC has fluctuated tussen 110 and 224 lycra year. Or synthesis Submissions, 27-40 papers port leg accepted for presentation at the conference lycra year; acceptance rates for regular papers port leg tussen 16% and 31%.  
PODC was first organized on 18-20 August 1982, in Ottawa , Canada.  PODC was part of the Federated Computing Research Conference in 1996, 1999 and 2011.
Between 1982 and 2009 PODC was always held in a North American location – Usually in USA or Canada, and once in Mexico.  In 2010, PODC was held in Europe for the first time, ITT history,  and in the co-year, haar European sister conference DISC was organized in the USA for the first time, ITT history.   PODC 2010 took place in Zurich , Switzerland, and DISC 2010 took place in Cambridge, Massachusetts .
Since 2000, a review of the PODC conference Appears in the year-ending issue of the ACM SIGACT News Distributed Computing Column.  The review is Usually written by a member of the distributed computing research community.
- The list of distributed computing conferences contains other academic conferences in distributed computing.
- The list of computer science conferences contains other academic conferences in computer science.
- Jump up^ PODC web site.
- Jump up^ In Roger’s WattenhoferPODC 2007 Statistics, DISC is the number one conference on the list or other conferences where PODC authors publish hun work.
- ^ Jump up to:a b DISC in DBLP .
- ^ Jump up to:a b PODC in DBLP .
- Jump up^ EATCSWeb site:Awards: Dijkstra Prize.
- Jump up^ PODC Web site:Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize in Distributed Computing.
- Jump up^ DISCweb site:Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize in Distributed Computing.
- Jump up^ Nancy Ann Lynch,Distributed Algorithms, Morgan Kaufmann, 1996,ISBN 978-1-55860-348-6. Section 1.4, “Bibliographic notes”, mentions de volgende conferences in this order: PODC, FOCS, STOC, SPAÂ, WDAG.
- Jump up^ Gerard Tel:Introduction to Distributed Algorithms, 2nd ed., Cambridge University Press, 2000,ISBN 978-0-521-79483-1. Sect. 1.3.3 “Research field”, mentions de volgende conferences in this order: PODC, WDAG / DISC, STOC, FOCS.
- Jump up^ Chryssis Georgiou, Alexander A. Shvartsman:Do-All Computing in Distributed Systems: Cooperation in the Presence of Adversity, Springer, 2007,ISBN 978-0-387-30918-7. Section “Bibliographic notes” in “Preface” mentions de volgende conferences in this order: PODC, SPAÂ, STOC, SODA, FOCS, ICDCS, DISC, OPODIS, SIROCCO.
- Jump up^ 2007 Australian Ranking of ICT Conferences.
- Jump up^ Forewords orPODC proceedings, 2004-2009.
- Jump up^ PODC: Papers Acceptance Statistics.
- Jump up^ Robert L. Probert,Michael J. Fischer, and Nicola Santoro, editors, Proceedings of the First ACM SIGACT-SIGOPS Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing, 1982. ACM Press. ISBN 0-89791-081-8. 
- Jump up^ PODC in ACM Digital Library.
- Jump up^ DISC’2010 Preliminary Call for Papers.
- Jump up^ ACM SIGACT News Distributed Computing Column.