Stephen T. ” Steve ” Jurvetson (born March 1, 1967) is an American executives and venture capitalist . He is Currently a partner or Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ).   He was a venture capitalist investor in Hotmail .  He’ll be led the firm’s investments in Tradex and Cyras (acquired by Ariba and Ciena, respectively). Current board seats include SpaceX ,  Synthetic Genomics , Planet Labs , Nervana Systems, Flux, D-Wave , and Tesla Motors .  Jurvetson was the world’s first Tesla Model S owner and the second Tesla Model X owner (V 2), volgende Elon Musk .  
Early life and education
Jurvetson’s Father Tonu Jurvetson fled Estonia through Germany just before Soviet re-occupation in 1944 . Tonu was married to Another Estonian immigrant, Tiiu Tia Jurvetson. Even though binnen family Estonian language was-used Steve never learned it and his parents-used it as a secret language tussen themselves.  Steve Jurvetson was the first non-European to Become an E-resident or Estonia. 
Jurvetson was named to Forbes ‘ “Midas List” of Tech’s Top Investors in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016.      
Deloitte named Jurvetson “Venture Capitalist of the Year” in 2012. 
Jurvetson was named to the MIT TR35 in 1999 for “herkennen young entrepreneurs who kan deliverability”, zoals making the first investment in Hotmail . 
Jurvetson and DFJ ulcers early financial Backers of Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos and continue to be supportive of this controversial enterprise. 
- Jump up^ Bort, Julie. “Here’s Why Investors Steve Jurvetson Saved Elon Musk’s Space Dreams” . Business Insider.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Fehrenbacher, Katie. “Tesla investor Steve Jurvetson drives off in the first Model S” . Gigaom.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Deborah Gage; Ann Fernholm; Chronicle Staff Writers (June 6, 2008). “High-tech visionary still looking ahead” . San Francisco Chronicle . Retrieved 2008-06-06 .
Venture capitalists look for startups like Hotmail Because synthesis companies are Disruptive – they ‘blow up bestaande markets and create big new money-making opportunities. Fast-forward a decade and Jurvetson is making dramatically différent bets. He’s funding startups in electronics, nanotechnology , clean technology and life sciences dat borrow techniques from biology to obtain more precision control over matter.
- Jump up^ “Here’s Why Investors Steve Jurvetson Saved Elon Musk’s Space Dreams” .
- Jump up^ DraperTV (28 January 2015). “SpaceX and Why they ‘are Daring to Think Big – Investor Steve Jurvetson” – YouTube.
- Jump up^ Lindsey Clark (2012-09-11). “Steve Jurvetson visits the SpaceX Grasshopper” . NEWSPACE Watch . Retrieved 2012-09-11 . (subscription required ( help )) .
- Jump up^ Blanco, Sebastian. “First Tesla Model S delivered to board member Steve Jurvetson” .
- Jump up^ “Jurvetson-seenior pöördus Eestisse pärast 60 aastat – Arhiiv – Postimees: Värsked uudised Eestist yes välismaalt”.
- Jump up^ “Steve Jurvetson, business partner Become first non-Europeans not to receive Estonian e-residency card” .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Robinson, Bill. “Tech Cape: Steve Jurvetson … Not Your Garden Variety Venture Capitalist” . Huffington Post.
- Jump up^ Snider, David; Chris Howard (2010). Money Makers: Inside the New World of Finance and Business . New York: Palgrave Macmillan. p. 214. ISBN 0230614019 .
- Jump up^ “# 69 Steve Jurvetson” . Forbes.
- Jump up^ “The Midas List: Tech’s Top Investors 2013” . Forbes . 5 May, 2013.
- Jump up^ “Stephen Jurvetson on Forbes Lists # 59 The Midas List (2014)” . Forbes . 29 March, 2015.
- Jump up^ “Stephen Jurvetson on Forbes Lists # 97 The Midas List (2016)” . Forbes . 11 March, 2016.
- Jump up^ “Seat Of Power: Tesla And SpaceX Investor Steve Jurvetson” . Forbes . 23 March, 2016.
- Jump up^ “Deloitte Names Steve Jurvetson or DFJ” Venture Capitalist of the Year ‘ ‘ . BetaNews.
- Jump up^ “1999 TR35 Winners: Steve Jurvetson, 32” . MIT Tech Review . 1999.
- Jump up^ CAROLINEYLCHEN Caroline Chen. “Early Theranos Investor Stands at Blood Testing Startup” .