Stephen Petranek is an American writer, and editor of Breakthrough Technology Alert . He has to post edited Discover , and the Washington Post ‘s magazine. He was founding editor and editor in chief of This Old House magazine for Time Inc. , And was senior editor for Science at LIFE magazine .  
He is co-founder and president of Arc Programs .  He’ll be writes for the Daily Reckoning . 
Petranek ghosts at the TED conference in 2002, and again in 2016. 
His book How We’ll Live on Mars was published in 2015.
- How We’ll Live on Mars . Simon & Schuster / TED . 2015. ISBN 978-1476784762 .
- Jump up^ “About TED Books” . TED . Retrieved 29 July 2016 .
- Jump up^ Lewin, Sarah (August 31, 2015). ” ‘ How We’ll Live on Mars: Q & A with Author Stephen Petranek” . Space.com . Retrieved 29 July 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Stephen Petranek” . Arc Programs . Retrieved 29 July 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Articles By Stephen Petranek” . The Daily Reckoning . Retrieved 1 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Stephen Petranek” . TED . Retrieved 29 July 2016 .