Stephan Van Dam (born April 2, 1959) was a cartographer , graphic designer and information architect . He is the president, principal and creative director of New York-based vanDam, Inc.  Van Dam holds verschillende patents in the field of paper engineering and origami folding folder. Twenty-six of his maps are in the permanent Design Collection of the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) . 
Van Dam Presented Understanding Maps at the original TED (conference) in 2002. [ citation needed ]
He has RECEIVED awards for his work from the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) , the American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) , the editors or ID Magazine[ citation needed ] .
- Jump up^ “About Stephan Van Dam” . VanDam, Inc . Retrieved September 28, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Artist: Stephan Van Dam” . MoMA Design Collection . Retrieved September 28, 2010 .
- “Comings AND goings, New Bilingual Maps For Visitors to Chinese Cities” . The New York Times . October 26, 2008.
- “Style Makers, Stephan Van Dam, Map Publisher” . The New York Times . January 24, 1989.
- ” ‘ Sexy’ iPad Maps: A Designer’s Interactive New York Streetscapes” . The Atlantic . August 4, 2011.