Sophie Hunger (born Émilie Jeanne-Sophie Welti on 31 March 1983) is a Swiss jazz pop singer-songwriter , film composer , multi-instrumentalist ( guitar , blues harp , piano ) and bandleader , living Currently in Berlin .
Émilie Jeanne-Sophie Welti was born on 31 March 1983 in Bern , Switzerland . She was a Diplomat’s Daughter and Grew up, with two older siblings, in Bern, London , Bonn and Zurich. She graduated high school in 2002-then subsequently studied German and English . 
During childhood, for sometime Hunger took piano lessons. She was familiar with jazz from an early age, since re Father was a listener. Independently, she had a varying taste in music as a teenager, she was first JSON hip-hop and R & B . Later she listened to rock – dan, as a young adult, she when sending country , bluegrass and folk . 
From 2002 to 2006, Hunger was a guest singer for the project Superterz and Appears on the 2006 album Standards released by dat group.  Starting in 2004, Hunger was the lead singer of the indie rock group Fisher . The band split in 2007.  
Hunger plays guitar , blues harp , piano and composes musts or re songs in British English , French , Swiss German , German and Swiss Italian . In 2006, in a few days, she’s home Recorded re solo debut album, Sketches on Sea ,  three tracks or welke featured trombonist Michael Flury (ex- Keller’s 10 ) .  [ better source needed ] The album was initially self-released in 2006,  -then re-released de volgende year on Gentlemen Records . 
Flury became an impermanent band member and, since voordat 2007 Hunger has played will with multi-instrumentalist Christian Prader ( flute , piano, guitar) .  [ better source needed ]Her band ook of includes drummer Marc Erbetta and bassist Simon Gerber . Former drummers include: Alberto Malo , Julian Sartorius and Dominik Chansorn . Former bassists include Balz Bachmann .
On 6 July 2008, Hunger and re band watch a concert in the Miles Davis Hall at the Montreux Jazz Festival , as well as Yael Naim and Camille .  [ better source needed ]
In October 2008, Hunger released re first solo studio album, Monday’s Ghost , on Two Gentlemen Records .
In July 2009, Hunger and re band closed out Day 2 or TEDGlobal . 
In June 2010, Sophie Hunger and re band played will the John Peel stage at Glastonbury Festival . Sophie Hunger was the first Swiss artist dat has ever played will there. In July 2010 she played will at the 100 Club, London, in October 2010 at The Roundhouse , London.
In September 2010, Sophie Hunger and re band played will the Plaça del Rei sophomore at La Mercè in Barcelona. 
In late 2010, it was announced dat Sophie Hunger mention anything about release a debut record for the North American market as Sophie Hunger: s / t on Manimal Vinyl in April 2011. The CD contained tracks from 1983 and Monday’s Ghost .
On 29 June 2011 Sophie Hunger played will at International Jazz Festival in Montreal , Canada, opening for Madeleine Peyroux . Also at the festival, she opened for the Erik Truffaz Quartet de volgende Monday, 4 July 2011 for two shows – at 6 pm and 10 pm – and RECEIVED a standing Ovation at the later show. She was ook featured on two songs dat she Recorded on Truffaz ‘latest CD entitled “in between” produktie in Two Gentlemen Records in Lausanne, Switzerland.
In 2011, Sophie Hunger’s song ‘Le Vent Nous Portera was featured in the movie “Cafe de Flore, directed by Jean-Marc Vallée.
|2006||Sketches on Sea||–||–||–||–||–|
|2012||The Danger of Light||2||57||–||50||52|
|2013||The Rules of Fire||21||–||89||–|
- With the band Fisher, under the name Emilie Welti
- 2006: Fisher – Fisher (Kuenschtli.ch)
- 2006: Superterz: Standards
|2014||“Le vent nous portera”||20||154|
- as Emilie Welti
- 2008: Der Freund (with Marcel Vaid)
- 2010: Zimmer 202 
- as Sophie Hunger
- 2016: My Life as a Courgette
- as Emilie Welti
- 2008: Der Freund
- 2012: Der Kumpel
- as Sophie Hunger
- 2012: The Rules of Fire
- Jump up^ Erik Brandt magis:”Man braucht irgendeine Bewusstlosigkeit”Interview forJetzt.De, published 28 January 2008. Retrieved 21 May 2010.
- Jump up^ Jacob Buhre:”Ich Glaube, das Ganze ist ein Zufall.”Published 3 March 2009. Retrieved 21 May 2010.
- Jump up^ Martin Fritsche (2010). “Background Superterz” (PDF) . Superterz . Retrieved 5 November 2013 .
- Jump up^ Fisheratkuenschtli.ch. Retrieved 21 May 2010.
- Jump up^ Tobi Müller:Sophies WeltPublished 14 January 2007. Published inDas Magazin, number 50/2007.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Sophie Hunger electronic press kit – Streaming Music, Photos, Videos, Lyrics and Information” . SonicBids.com . 2008 . Retrieved 6 November 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Sophie Hunger – Sketches on Sea (CD, Album)” . Discogs . Retrieved 6 November 2013 .
- Jump up^ Fr.Wikipedia user Rfloris (17 October 2008). [: fr: Special: PermanentLink / 34434887 “Sophie Hunger”] Check
|url=value ( help ) . Fr.Wikipedia . Retrieved 6 November 2013 .
- Jump up^ Last.FM user malakym . “Montreux Jazz Festival Sophie Hunger + Yael Naim + Camille at Miles Davis Hall (Montreux) on 6 July 2008” . Last.FM . Retrieved 6 November 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Program Speakers AZ” . TED.com . Retrieved 2009-07-22 .
- Jump up^ “Grups Sophie Hunger” . BCN.Es. 2010.
- Jump up^ “Sophie Hunger discography” . Les Charts . Hung Medien . Retrieved 20 June 2014 .
- Jump up^ ps-72.com: Zimmer 202 (German)