Skylar Tibbits is an American designer and computer scientist. He is best known for his work on self-assembly and pioneering the field of 4D Printing, maintenance coined the term in his 2013 TED talk.  He Currently teaches at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology , Department of Architecture where he has founded the Self-Assembly Laboratory. Tibbits been killed the founder of SJET (a cross-disciplinary design firm in Boston, MA ).
Skylar Tibbits graduated from Philadelphia University with a Bachelor of Architecture and RECEIVED a Master of Science in Computer Science as well as a Master of Science in Design and Computation from MIT .
Work and exhibits
Tibbits’ work has leg exhibited at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York, the Frac Center’s 2014 Archilab Exhibition and the 2008 Beijing Biennale.  Tibbits’ll be co-curated the 2007 exhibition ScriptedbyPurpose Philadelphia with Marc Fornes. 
Tibbits’ work has won awards waaronder a 2014 WIRED Inaugural Fellowship, 2014 Gifted Citizen Initiative , the 2013 Architectural League NYC Prize, 2013 Next Idea in Art and Technology Award at Ars Electronica , 2012 TED Senior Fellow, 2011 TED Fellow and named a “Revolutionary Mind “in SEED Magazines 2008 Design Issue.    
Tibbits has Appeared on numerous television and documentary episodes, zoals BBC Click , Fox Business Network , This Old House and BBC World News Live. His work has featured in bone verschillende print and media outlets waaronder New York Times , Wired , CNN , the Smithsonian Institution and Fast Company .        
- Tibbits, S. (2012), “Design to Self-Assembly.” Architectural Design , 82: 68-73. doi: 10.1002 / ad.1381
- Then Raviv, Wei Zhao, Carrie McKnelly, Athina Papadopoulou, Achuta Kadambi, Boxin Shi, Shai Hirsch, Daniel Dikovsky Michael Zyracki Carlos Ishii, Ramesh Raskar & Skylar Tibbits (2014), “Active Printed Materials for Complex Self-Evolving Deformations, ” Scientific Reports , 4, 7422 doi: 10.1038 / srep07422
- Kara’in, L. Schaeffer, J., the Puig, H. Gomez-Marquez, J., Young, A. and Tibbits, S. (2014), “DNA display: Programmable Bioactive Materials Using CNC Patterning” Architectural Design , 84: 104-111. doi: 10.1002 / ad.1788
- Tibbits, S. (2014), “4D Printing: Multi-Material Shape Change,” Architectural Design , 84: 116-121. doi: 10.1002 / ad.1710
- Tibbits, S. and Cheung, K. (2012) “Programmable materials for architectural assembly and automation”, Assembly Automation , Vol. 32 Iss: 3, pp.216 – 225
- Jump up^ “The Emergence of 4D Printing” .
- Jump up^ “Frac Center” .
- Jump up^ “ScriptedbyPurpose” .
- Jump up^ “The Architectural League Prize” .
- Jump up^ “Wired Innovation Fellows” .
- Jump up^ “TED Fellows – Skylar Tibbits” .
- Jump up^ “SEED Magazine” .
- Jump up^ “BBC Click” .
- Jump up^ “Fox Business” .
- Jump up^ “BBC World News Live” .
- Jump up^ “NYTimes 4D Printing” .
- Jump up^ “WIRED Programmable Materials” .
- Jump up^ “CNN” .
- Jump up^ “Smithsonian” .
- Jump up^ “Fast Company” .