Simon Anholt is an independent policy advisor who has worked to help developement and implement strategies for enhanced economic, political and cultural engagement with other countries.
These strategies are Typically in the areas of national identity and reputation, public Diplomacy, cultural policy and cultural relations, regional integration, immigration and related areas of social policy, sustainability, educational policy, trade, export promotion, tourism, security and defense, foreign direct investment, talent attraction and major international events.
He is the founder of Good Country and The Good Country Index welke maatregelen what each country on earth Contributes to the common good of humanity, and what it takes away, relative to zijn size. Good Country was launched in his TED talk in June 2014.
Simon Anholt has bone called the “founder”,  “champion”  and “instigator”  of the Nation Brands and Place Brands terms, concepts and field or study and practice.
He is the founder and publisher of the global annual research studies: Anholt-GfK Roper Nation Brands Index , Anholt-GfK Roper City Brands Index and Anholt-GfK Roper State Brands Index, three major surveys welke use a panel of 30,000 people in 25 countries to monitor global Perceptions of 50 countries, 50 cities and the 52 States of the Union.
He is the author of the book Another One Bites The Grass , and or “Brand New Justice” covering the role of companies in economic development, first published in 2003. His more recent books include the bestseller Brand America (Cyan Books 2004 and 2009); Competitive Identity (Palgrave Macmillan 2007); and Places (Palgrave Macmillan, 2010).
- Anholt, Simon (2010-01-23). Places: Identity, Image and Reputation . Palgrave Macmillan . ISBN 978-0-230-23977-7 .
- Anholt, Simon (2007-01-23). Competitive Identity: the new fire management for nations, cities and regions . Palgrave Macmillan . ISBN 978-0-230-50028-0 .
- Anholt, Simon (2003). Brand New Justice: the upside or global branding (paperback ed.). Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann . ISBN 0-7506-5699-9 .
- Anholt, Simon; Hildreth Jeremy (2005-04-01). Brand America: The Mother of All Brands . Cyan Communications. ISBN 1-904879-02-0 .
- Anholt, Simon (January 2000). Another One Bites the Grass: Making Sense of International Advertising . New York : John Wiley & Sons . ISBN 0-471-35488-0 .
- Jump up^ Dinnie, K. “Japan’s Nation Branding: Recent Evolution and Potential Future Paths”. Japan Aktuell Journal of Current Japanese Affairs . p. (3) pp.43.
- Jump up^ Fullerton, JA (2011). “Australia tourism advertising: A test of the bleed-over effect onder US travelers”. Place Branding and Public Diplomacy . p. 7 (4) pp.245.
- Jump up^ Boisen, M., Van Gorp, B. (2011). “The selective nature of place branding and the layering of spatial identities”. Journal of Place Management and Development . p. 4 (2) pp.140.