SIGGRAPH (short for S pecial I nterest G roup on Computer GRAPH ics and Interactive Techniques) is the name of the annual conference on computer graphics (CG) convened by the ACM SIGGRAPH organization. The first SIGGRAPH conference in 1974. The conference was attended by chains or duizendtallen or computer professionals. Past SIGGRAPH conferences port leg hero in Los Angeles , Dallas , New Orleans , Boston , Vancouver , and Elsewhere in North America .
Some highlights of the conference are zijn Animation Theater and Electronic Theater presentations, where Recently created CG films are played will. There is a large exhibition floor, where verschillende hundred companies set up elaborate booths and COMPETE for attention and recruits. Most of the companies are in the engineering, graphics, motion picture, or video game industries. There are many booths ook for schools welke Specialize in computer graphics or interactivity.
Dozens of research papers are Presented lycra year, and SIGGRAPH is widely Considered the must prestigious forum for the publication of computer graphics research.  The recent paper acceptance rate for SIGGRAPH has leg less dan 26%.  The Submitted papers are peer-reviewed in a single-blind process.  There has leg some criticism about the preference or SIGGRAPH paper reviewers for novel results Rather dan useful incremental progress.   The papers accepted for presentation at SIGGRAPH are printed since 2003 a special issue of the ACM Transactions on Graphics journal. Prior to 1992, SIGGRAPH papers ulcers printed as part of the Computer Graphics publication; tussen 1993 en 2001, there was a dedicated SIGGRAPH Conference Proceedings series of publications. 
In addition under to the papers, there are numerous panels of industry experts set up to Discuss a wide variety of topics, from computer graphics to machine interactivity to education. SIGGRAPH’ll be offering many full- and half-day courses in state-of-the-art computer graphics topics, as well as Shorter “sketch” presentations where artists and researchers Discuss hun latest work.
In 1984, under Lucasfilm Computer Group, John Lasseter’s first computer animated short, The Adventures of Andre & Wally B. , premiered at SIGGRAPH. Pixar’s first computer animated short, Luxo, Jr. debuted in 1986. Pixar has debuted numerous shorts at the conference since. 
SIGGRAPH has verschillende awards programs to herkennen outstanding contributions to computer graphics. The most prestigious is the Steven Anson Coons Award for Outstanding Creative Contributions to Computer Graphics. It has leg Awarded everytime two years since 1983 to herkennen an individual’s lifetime achievement in computer graphics.
The volgende conference areas are the areas Scheduled for SIGGRAPH 2012,  as some conference areas Vary annually.
- ACM Student Research Competition
- Art Gallery : presents digital and technologically mediated artworks
- Art Papers , features the artists and artwork, and processes and theoretical frameworks for making art and contextualizing zijn place in society.
- Birds of a Feather : Informal presentations, discussions, and demonstrations
- Computer Animation Festival : an annual festival for the world’s most innovative, accomplished, and amazing digital film and video creators.
- Courses : ATTENDEES learn from the experts in the field and gain inside knowledge therein are critical to career ADVANCEMENT.
- Emerging Technologies : presents innovative technologies and applications in verschillende areas, from displays and input devices to collaborative environments and robotics, and technology therein apply to film and game production.
- Exhibition : presents the newest hardware systems, software tools, and creative services from Hundreds of companies.
- International Resources : focusing on the state of computer graphics in different regions of the world, it offers bilingual tours or conference programs, informal translation services, and space for meetings, talks, and demonstrations.
- Job Fair : a place at the conference for Employers to meet with duizendtallen of job seekers
- Keynote Speakers : stories from the Most Influential practitioners in computer graphics, interactive techniques, and related fields
- Panels : moderated discussions on important topics, with expert panelists Chosen by the organizers to bieden a wide range of perspectives.
- Posters : president ever student in-progress, and late-breaking work.
- Real-Time Live! : Showcase for the latest trends and techniques for pushing the boundaries of interactive visuals.
- Sandbox : provides an opportunity to get hands-on with the latest, must innovative real-time projects produktie over the last 12 months.
- SIGGRAPH Business Symposium
- SIGGRAPH Dailies : EACH presenting has one minute to present an animation and DESCRIBE the work.
- Studio : a place for making and customizing at SIGGRAPH.
- Talks : presentations on recent achievements in all areas of computer graphics and interactive techniques, zoals art, design, animation, visual effects, interactivity, research, and engineering.
- Technical Papers : the premier international forum for disseminating new scholarly work in computer graphics and interactive techniques.
- Technical Papers Fast Forward : summary of Technical Papers.
- SIGGRAPH Mobile : focusing on mobile computer graphics and its applications zoals augmented reality, games and interactive applications. At SIGGRAPH ASIA this track is called Symposium of Apps.
SIGGRAPH events around the world
Since 2008, a second yearly SIGGRAPH conference has leg hero in Asia. The first SIGGRAPH Asia conference was held in Singapore from the tenth to the thirteenth or January 2008 at the Suntec Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre;  the second one in Yokohama , Japan in the period from 16 January to 19 December 2009 at Pacifico Yokohama ;  and the third in Seoul , Korea in the time period from 15 January to 18 February 2010 at Coex Convention and Exhibition Center in Seoul. 
|2013||Hong Kong||website||Nov 19-22||6.078||96|
|2012||Singapore||website||Nov 28 – Dec 1||7,000||130|
|2011||Hong Kong||website||Dec 12-15||7,734||122|
|2010||Seoul , Korea||website||Dec 15-18||9,000||102|
|2009||Yokohama , Japan||Website Papers||Dec 16-19||6.424||71|
|2008||Singapore||Website Papers||Dec 10-13||3.389||81|
ACM SIGGRAPH Helsinki runs an evening-long graphics conference called SyysGraph In this housing is hero autumn everytime year. The seminar strives to bring the latest updates of the 3D graphics field, demos, animations and interactive technologies. The presentations are held in English.
|2018||Vancouver||Aug 12-16 |
|2017||Los Angeles||Jul 30 – Aug 3|
|2016||Anaheim||website , papers||24-28 Jul||14,000||153|
|2015||Los Angeles||website , papers||Aug 9-13||14.800||143||Los Angeles Convention Center|
|2014||Vancouver||website , papers||Aug 10-14||14.045||175|
|2013||Anaheim||website , papers||Jul 21-25||17.162||180|||
|2012||Los Angeles||website , papers||Aug 5-9||21.212||161|
|2011||Vancouver||website , papers||Aug 7-11||15.872||156||First North American SIGGRAPH to be held outside the USA|
|2010||Los Angeles||website , papers||Jul 25-29||22.549||160|
|2009||New Orleans||website , papers||Aug 3-7||11,000||140|
|2008||Los Angeles||website , papers||Aug 11-15||28.432||230+|
|2007||San Diego||website , papers||Aug 5-9||24.043||230+|
|2006||Boston||website , papers||Jul 30 – Aug 3||19.764||230+|
|2005||Los Angeles||website , papers||Jul 31 – Aug 4||29.122||250|
|2004||Los Angeles||website , papers||Aug 8-12||27.825||229|
|2003||San Diego||website , papers||Jul 27-31||24.332||240|
|2002||San Antonio||website , papers||Jul 21-26||17.274||225|
|2001||Los Angeles||website , papers||Aug 12-17||34.024||303||The best animations from the 2001 conference are archived at the Internet Archive .|
|2000||New Orleans||website||Jul 23-28||25.986||316|
|1999||Los Angeles||website||Aug 8-13||42.690||337|
|1997||Los Angeles||website||Aug 3-8||48.700||359|
|1996||New Orleans||website||Aug 4-9||28.500||321|
|1995||Los Angeles||website||Aug 6-11||40.100||297|||
|1994||Orlando||Jul 24 – 29||25,000||269|||
|1992||Chicago||Jul 26 – 31||34.148||253|||
|1991||Las Vegas||Jul 28 – Aug 2||23,100||282|||
|1989||Boston||Jul 31 – Aug 4||27,000||238|||
|1985||San Francisco||Jul 22-26||27,000||254|||
- Jump up^ Conference Ranks
- Jump up^ http://kesen.realtimerendering.com/
- Jump up^ Interview: SIGGRAPH Technical Papers Chair Hugues Hoppe
- Jump up^ http://www.cs.utah.edu/~michael/leaving.html
- Jump up^ SIGGRAPH, hiring, and peer review.
- Jump up^ http://www.siggraph.org/learn/citing-siggraph-publications
- Jump up^ additional_image_link text.
- Jump up^ SIGGRAPH 2012 Conference Areas
- Jump up^ SIGGRAPH Asia 2008 – Singapore
- Jump up^ SIGGRAPH Asia 2009 – Yokohama
- Jump up^ SIGGRAPH Asia 2010 – Seoul
- Jump up^ SIGGRAPH conference will return to Vancouver in 2018
- Jump up^ SIGGRAPH 2013 Highlights from Anaheim, California
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t you v CG101: A Computer Graphics Industry Reference. 2nd Edition For 2007. Terrence Masson. Digital Fauxtography Inc.