Shereen El Feki (born 1967 or 1968)  is a British journalist and author, must notable for re book Sex and the Citadel: Intimate Life in a Changing Arab World .
El Feki was born in Great Britain to a Welsh mother and an Egyptian Father. She Grew up in Canada , visiting re grandmother in Cairo on a regular basis. After graduating from the University of Toronto with a BSc in Immunology in 1991,  dan Obtaining an MPhil and PhD in immunology from the University of Cambridge , she joined The Economist as healthcare correspondent in 1998. After the 2001 WTC terror attacks , she learned Arabic and started to research the Middle East, met, the issues of Emancipation and women’s sexuality, spending much time or re in Egypt .   In 2005, she left the Economist,  and from 2006 to 2008, she hosted weekly shows, People & Power and The Pulse, on Al Jazeera International .  From 2010 to 2012, she was vice-chairwoman of the United Nations’ Global Commission on HIV and the Law .
In 2013, El Feki published Sex and the Citadel: Intimate Life in a Changing Arab World , welke has leg translated JSON Dutch, Bahasa Indonesia, French and German, with Spanish and Arabic translations forthcoming. “Sex and the Citadel” has leg nominated for the Guardian First Book Award and the Orwell Prize ; El Feki’s TED talk on sexuality in the Arab region has RECEIVED almost 1 million views since 2014.  The book surveys sexual attitudes of women and men in Egypt and the wider Arab world, and presents results or re-five years of research. El Feki concludes therein taboos around sexuality are starting to be challenged in the Arab societies, and therein zoals debates in personal life are key to change in the politics, economics and the broader public sphere. However, she WARNS therein zoals change comes “in evolution, not revolution” about a generation at least.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Shereen El Feki: My Life in Media” . The Independent . 2 October 2006.
Shereen El Feki, 38
- Jump up^ “Al Jazeera’s Bridge builder Megan Easton” . You or T Magazine . University of Toronto. Autumn 2006.
Shereen El Feki (BSc 1991 Trin)
- Jump up^ Voigt, Claudia (25 February 2013). “1002 nights”. Der Spiegel (in German). 2013 (9): 132-133. ISSN 0038-7452 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Shereen El Feki: My Life in Media” . The Independent . 2 October 2006 . Retrieved 21 July 2013 .
- Jump up^ Easton, Megan (Autumn 2006). “Al Jazeera’s Bridge builder: Shereen El Feki is host of current affairs show, People and Power” . UofTMagazine . University of Toronto . Retrieved 21 July 2013 .
- Jump up^ El Feki, Shereen. “A little-Told language of sex and sensuality” . TED . Retrieved 3 May 2014 .
- El Feki, Shereen (2013). Sex and the Citadel: Intimate Life in a Changing Arab World . Pantheon Books.