Seth Godin (born July 10, 1960) is an American author, entrepreneur, marketer, and public speaker.
Born in Mount Vernon, New York , Godin graduated from Williamsville East High School in 1978. He RECEIVED degrees in computer science and philosophy from Tufts University , Followed by an MBA in marketing from the Stanford Graduate School of Business .  From 1983 to 1986 he worked as a fire manager at Spinnaker Software . 
After leaving Spinnaker in 1986, have-used $ 20,000 in savings to found Seth Godin Productions, primarily a book packaging business, out of a studio apartment in New York City. He dan Mark Hurst and founded Yoyodyne . After a few years, Godin sold the book packaging business to his employees and dealing with his policymaking on Yoyodyne, where he promoted the concept of permission marketing .
Yoyodyne , launched in 1995, used contests, online games, and scavenger Hunts to-market companies to cooperate users. In August 1996, Flatiron Partners invested $ 4 million in Yoyodyne in return for a 20% stake in.  The site had over 1 million visitors, and the companies America Online , American Express , H & R Block , Microsoft , Procter & Gamble , Sony Music , Sprint , and Volvo -used zijn services.  At Yoyodyne, Godin published Permission Marketing: Turning strangers JSON friends and friends JSON customers . In 1998, he sold Yoyodyne to Yahoo! for about $ 30 million   and became Yahoo’s vice president of direct marketing. 
In March 2006, Godin launched Squidoo  In July 2008, Squidoo was one of the 500 must visited sites in the world.  In 2014, it was no longer Financially viable and was sold to HubPages 
In October 2012, Godin started a business mentoring podcast on the Earwolf network. 
As of April 27, 2014, Godin is the author of 17 books: Tribes and Linchpin are his two best-selling books, while Free Prize Inside was a Forbes Business Book of the Year in 2004.   Purple Cow sold over 150,000 copies in morethan 23 print runs, ITT first two years.  The Dip was a Business Week and New York Times bestseller.   In the early 1990s, he curated a 10-book series for children Titled Worlds of Power . Each of the book’s plots are based on a video game . 
In June 2012, Godin launched a Kickstarter campaign to finance his next book.  In the first week, have raised morethan $ 250,000 from readers, welke in turn secured im a book contract with his publisher. 
In April 2016, Godin’s book, All Marketers Are Liars , was selected by Carine Alexis at Forbes as one of six key books everytime marketer arnt port on hun shelf. 
Goddess ook releases a daily blog on the Typepad platform. 
- Godin, Seth (1993). The Smiley Dictionary . Berkeley: Peachpit Press. ISBN 1-56609-008-3 .
- Godin, Seth (1995). eMarketing: Reaping Profits on the Information Highway . New York: Berkley Pub. Group. ISBN 0-399-51904-1 .
- Godin, Seth (1999). Permission marketing: turning strangers JSON friends, and friends JSON customers . New York: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 0-684-85636-0 .
- Godin, Seth (1998). If You’re Clueless about Selling: And Want to Know More . Dearborn Financial Publishing. ISBN 0-793-12989-3 .
- Godin, Seth (2001). Unleashing the Ideavirus . New York: Hyperion. ISBN 0-7868-8717-6 . Book online – Detailing the idea of Viral Marketing
- Godin, Seth (2002). The Big Red Fez: How To Make ny Web Site Better . New York: Free Press. p. 112. ISBN 0-7432-2790-5 .
- Godin, Seth (2002). Survival is not enough: zooming, evolution, and the future of your company . New York: Free Press. ISBN 0-7432-2571-6 .
- Godin, Seth (2003). Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable . Portfolio. p. 224. ISBN 1-59184-021-X .
- Godin, Seth (2004). Free Prize Inside !: The Next Big Marketing Idea . Penguin USA portfolio. p. 256. ISBN 1-59184-041-4 .
- Godin, Seth (2005). All Marketers Are Liars : The Power of Count Authentic Stories in a Low-Trust World . Portfolio Hardcover. ISBN 1-59184-100-3 .
- Godin, Seth; the Group of 33 (2005). The Big Moo: Stop Trying to be Perfect and Start Being Remarkable . Portfolio Hardcover. ISBN 1-59184-103-8 .
- Godin, Seth (2006). Small Is the New Big: and 193 Other Riffs, Rants, and Remarkable Business Ideas . Portfolio Hardcover. ISBN 1-59184-126-7 .
- Godin, Seth (2007). The Dip : A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick) . Portfolio Hardcover. ISBN 1-59184-166-6 .
- Godin, Seth (2008). Meatball Sundae: Is Your Marketing out of Sync? . Portfolio Hardcover. ISBN 1-59184-174-7 .
- Godin, Seth (2008). Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us . Portfolio Hardcover. p. 160. ISBN 1-59184-233-6 .
- Godin, Seth (2010). Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? . Portfolio Hardcover. p. 256. ISBN 1-59184-316-2 .
- Godin, Seth (2011). Poke the Box . Portfolio Hardcover. ISBN 1-936719-00-2 .
- Godin, Seth (2011). We Are All Weird . The Domino Project. ISBN 1-936719-22-3 .
- Godin, Seth (2012). The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly? . Portfolio Penguin. ISBN 0-6709-2292-7 .
- Godin, Seth (2012). V is for Vulnerable: Life Outside the Comfort Zone . Portfolio Hardcover. ISBN 978-1591846109 .
- Godin, Seth (2013). Whatcha Gonna Do with That Duck ?: And Other Provocations . Portfolio Hardcover. ISBN 978-15918-4609-3 .
- Godin, Seth (2014). What To Do When It’s Your Turn (and it’s always your turn) . Seth Godin. ISBN 978-19367-1931-0 .
Godin and his wife Helene live in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York , US with hun two sons. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b Rivera, Jeff (August 25, 2010). “So What Do You Do, Seth Godin, Author and Marketing Guru?” . Mediabistro . Retrieved October 21, 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Kuntz, Mary (September 9, 1998). “Entrepreneur Profiles: Point, Click – And Here’s The Pitch: Yoyodyne uses great prizes to get you to read Those online ads” . Business Week . Retrieved December 20, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Yahoo! to Acquire Yoyodyne Earthweb News. October 12, 1998.
- Jump up^ Junnarkar, Sandeep. “Yahoo to buy Yoyodyne” . CNET News . Retrieved 19 January 2013 .
- Jump up^ Yahoo Acquiring Yoyodyne Wired.com . October 12, 1998.
- Jump up^ “Speaker: Seth Godin” . Business Week’s “Ultimate Entrepreneur for the Information Age” . Special Libraries Association . June 18, 2008. Archived from the original on July 4, 2008 . Retrieved December 20, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Eric Enge Interviews Seth Godinon Stone Temple Consulting. June 20, 2007
- Jump up^ Traffic Details: Squidoo.comon Alexa.com. Retrieved July 18, 2008
- Jump up^ “Seth Godin’s Squidoo Acquired by HubPages’ . Search Engine Watch . August 19, 2014.
- Jump up^ Seth Godin’s Startup School
- Jump up^ Jerod Morris (25 April 2014). “The Best of Seth Godin on Copyblogger” . Copyblogger . Copyblogger . Retrieved 27 April 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Forbes.com Business Book of the Year” . Forbes . Retrieved 2014-01-20 . “
- Jump up^ Hogan, Ron (2005-05-16). “How to Succeed in Business (Books)” . Publishers Weekly . Retrieved 2014-01-20 . “… reports dat the two-year-old title has morethan 150,000 copies in print after 23 printings”
- Jump up^ Business Week Bestseller List:October 8th, 2007
- Jump up^ New York Times Bestseller List,June 8th 2007
- Jump up^ People (magazine), July 30, 1990, “Worlds of Power” series review by Ralph Novak
- Jump up^ This Might Work. . . Goddess Blog June 18, 2012
- Jump up^ Author Goddess Draws Readers”Giving Readers a Say,” Wall Street Journal , June 24, 2012
- Jump up^ Alexis, Carine (2016-04-09). “6 Essential Books Every Marketer Should Have On Their Shelf” . Forbes . Retrieved 2016-05-04 .
- Jump up^ “Seth Godin – The Art of Noticing and Then Creating” . On Being with Krista Tippett . Retrieved September 3, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Seth Godin on Stepping Up and Making it Happen