Sebastiao Salgado (born February 8, 1944) is a Brazilian social documentary photographer and photojournalist .
He has traveled in over 120 countries for his Photographic projects. Most of These port Appeared in numerous press publications and books. Touring exhibitions or this work port leg Presented gehele world.
Salgado is a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador . He was Awarded the W. Eugene Smith Memorial Fund Grant in 1982,  Foreign Honorary Membership of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 1992  and the Royal Photographic Society ‘s Centenary Medal and Honorary Fellowship (HonFRPS) in 1993 . 
Salgado was born on February 8, 1944 in Aimorés , in the state of Minas Gerais , Brazil. After a summer what itinerant childhood, Salgado initially Trained as an economist , earning a master’s degree in economics from the University of Sao Paulo in Brazil. He Began work as an economist for the International Coffee Organization , of or in traveling to Africa on missions for the World Bank , als have first started seriously taking photographs. He Chose to abandon a career as an economist and switched to photography in 1973, working initially on news assignments voordat veering more towards documentary-type work. Salgado initially worked with the photo agency Sygma and the Paris-based Gamma , but in 1979, he joined the international cooperative or photographers Magnum Photos . He left Magnum in 1994 and with his wife Lelia Wanick Salgado formally his own agency, Amazonas Images, in Paris, to represents his work. He was met name noted for his social documentary photography or workers in less developed nations. Way Down reside in Paris.
He has leg a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador since 2001. 
Salgado works on long term, self-Assigned projects many or welke port leg published as books: The Other Americas , Sahel , Workers , Migrations and Genesis . The Latter three are mammoth collections with Hundreds of images lycra from all around the world. His most famous pictures are of a gold mine in Brazil called Serra Pelada .
Between 2004 and 2011, Salgado worked on “Genesis,” aiming at the presentation of the unblemished faces of nature and humanity. It consists of a series of photographs of landscapes and wildlife, as well as of human communities therein continuous to live in accordance with hun Ancestral traditions and cultures. This body of work is conceived as a potential path to humanity’s REDISCOVERY or Itself in nature.
In September and October 2007, Salgado displayed his photographs or coffee workers from India, Guatemala, Ethiopia and Brazil at the Brazilian Embassy in London. The aim of the project was to raise public awareness of the origins of the drink popular.
Together, Lelia and Sebastiao, port worked since the 1990s on the restoration of a small part of the Atlantic Forest in Brazil. In 1998, they ‘SUCCEEDED in turning this country JSON a nature reserve and created the Instituto Terra . The Instituto is dedicated to a mission of reforestation, conservation and environmental education.
Salgado and his work are the focus of the film The Salt of the Earth (2014), directed by Wim Wenders and Salgado’s sun, Juliano Ribeiro Salgado . The film won a special award at Cannes Film Festival  and was nominated for the best Documentary Feature at the 2015 Academy Awards . 
- 1982: W. Eugene Smith Grant from the W. Eugene Smith Memorial Fund . 
- 1985: Oskar Barnack Award . 
- 1989: Hasselblad Award , Hasselblad Foundation , Gothenburg, Sweden. 
- 1992: Oskar Barnack Award. 
- 1992: Foreign Honorary Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences . 
- 1993 Centenary Medal from the Royal Photographic Society . 
- 1993: Honorary Fellowship (HonFRPS) from the Royal Photographic Society. 
- 1994: Grand Prix National French Ministry of Culture. [ Citation needed ]
- 1998 Prince of Asturias Awards , Arts category. [ Citation needed ]
- 1998 King of Spain Journalism. [ Citation needed ]
- 2003: International Award from the Photographic Society of Japan . 
- 2007: M2 El Mundo People’s Choice Award for best exhibition, PhotoEspaña , for Africa . [ Citation needed ]
- An Uncertain Grace. Essays by Eduardo Galeano and Fred Ritchin .
- New York, NY: Aperture , 1990. ISBN 9780893814601 .
- London: Thames & Hudson , 2004. ISBN 9780500284896 .
- Workers: Archaeology of the Industrial Age.
- Workers: Archaeology of the Industrial Age. London: Phaidon , 1993. ISBN 978-0714829319 .
- Trabalho: Uma da Arqueologia Age Industrial. Portugal: Caminho, 1993. ISBN 978-9722108348 .
- Trabalhadores: Uma da Arqueologia Age Industrial. Sao Paulo, Brazil: Schwarcz, 1997. ISBN 978-8571645882 .
- Terra: Struggle of the country less. London: Phaidon Press, 1997. ISBN 0-7148-3636-2 .
- Migrations. New York, NY: Aperture, 2000. ISBN 978-0893818913 .
- Exodus. Cologne: Taschen , 2016. ISBN 978-3-8365-6130-3 .
- The Children: Refugees and Migrants. New York, NY: Aperture, 2000. ISBN 978-0893818944 .
- Sahel: The End of the Road. Oakland, CA: University of California Press , 2004. ISBN 978-0520241701 .
- Africa. Cologne: Taschen, 2007. ISBN 978-3836523431 .
- Genesis. Cologne: Taschen, 2013. ISBN 978-3836538725 .
- From my Country to the Planet. Roma: Contrasto, 2014. ISBN 978-88-6965-537-1 .
- The Scent of a Dream: Travels in the World of Coffee. New York: Abrams, 2015. ISBN 978-1-4197-1921-9 .
- The Salt of the Earth (2014). Documentary about and waaronder Salgado, directed by Wim Wenders and his sun Juliano Ribeiro Salgado .
- Genesis, Royal Ontario Museum , Toronto, Canada, May-September 2013  and toured, Natural History Museum, London , May-September 2013;  Maison Européenne de la Photographie , Paris, September 2013-January 2014;  National Museum of Singapore , May-August 2014;  Palácio das Artes , Belo Horizonte, Brazil, May-August 2014; Fotografiska , Stockholm, June-September 2014; Palazzo della Ragione, Milan , Italy, June to November 2014; International Center of Photography , New York, NY, September 19, 2014 to 11 January 2015.  CaixaForum Barcelona , Barcelona, Spain, 9 October 2014 to 1 February 2015; [ Citation needed ] Sejong Center , Seoul, Korea, 15 December 15 2014 to 20 March 20 2015; [ Citation needed ] Cordoaria Nacional , Lisbon, Portugal, April – June 2015; [ Citation needed ] CaixaForum Palma , Palma, Spain, 25 February – 31 May 2015; [ Citation needed ] America Haus Berlin , Berlin, Germany, 18 April – 18 August 2015; [ Citation needed ] Power Station of Art Shanghai, China, April – June 2015; Kunstfoyer Munich, Germany, 09 October 2015 to 24 January 2016.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “1982 Recipients: Sebastiao Salgado” . W. Eugene Smith Memorial Fund . Retrieved 15 October 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b ” Mr. Sebastiao Salgado Ribeiro “, American Academy of Arts and Sciences . Accessed 13 August 2014.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Royal Photographic Society’s Centenary Award Accessed 13 August 2012
- Jump up^ “Sebastiao Salgado” . UNICEF. 29 April 2005 . Retrieved 20 February 2012 .
- Jump up^ “http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3674140/The Salt of the Earth (2014)]”,the Internet Movie Database. Accessed 11 nov 2015.
- Jump up^ “http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3674140/awards?ref_=tt_awd/” Accessed 6 nov 2016.
- Jump up^ “Sebastiao Salgado” . Oskar Barnack Award . Retrieved 2 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Sebastiao Salgado” . Hasselblad Foundation . Retrieved 6 March 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Sebastiao Salgado” . Leica Oskar Barnack Award . Retrieved 2 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Photographic Society of Japan Awards” . Photographic Society of Japan . Retrieved 5 March 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Sebastiao Salgado: Genesis”,Royal Ontario Museum. Accessed August 17, 2014.
- Jump up^ Coomes, Phil (10 April 2013). “Sebastiao Salgado’s Genesis” . BBC News . Retrieved 13 August 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Sebastiao Salgado, Genesis’,Paris Photo. Accessed 13 August 2014.
- Jump up^ “Genesis”,National Museum of Singapore. Accessed 17 August 2014.
- Jump up^ http://www.icp.org/museum/exhibitions/sebastiao-salgado-genesis