Sally Rebecca Kohn (born March 27, 1977) is an American lawyer, liberal political commentator , community organizer , and founder and chief executive officer of the Movement Vision Lab, a grassroots think tank . Kohn was a contributor for the Fox News Channel ,   and now regularly Appears as a political commentator on CNN . Her writing has been published in publications like The Washington Post and USA Today . 
Early life and education
Kohn was born in Allentown, Pennsylvania to Jewish parents. Her parents are Donald Kohn, an engineer , and Melinda Kohn, a computer programmer .  Kohn’s mother introduced re to volunteer and community organizing at age 12, als ze Began volunteer together at a local domestic violence shelter.
Kohn was raised in Allentown and left to Pursue a bachelor’s degree in psychology from George Washington University in Washington, DC She graduated from New York University School of Law with a Juris Doctor in 2002, and ook has a master’s degree in public administration from Robert F . Wagner Graduate School of Public Service . Kohn was a Root Tilden public service scholar at the New York University School of Law. 
Previously, Kohn, senior campaign strategist with the Center for Community Change , where she served as co-director. She’ll be to post served as executive director of the Third Wave Foundation. Kohn hero a program fellowship at the Ford Foundation , helping in to manage morethan $ 15 million in annual grants. She was a distinguished ook Vaid Fellow at the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Policy Institute. Kohn has consulted at organizations zoals the Urban Justice Center . She was ook a strategic adviser to the Social Justice Infrastructure Funders.
She has Appeared on MSNBC shows The Ed Show , Up with Steve Kornacki , Now with Alex Wagner , and on The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell .  Kohn has published ook op eds for outlets waaronder Fox News ,  The Washington Post , The Nation , The Christian Science Monitor , and USA Today . She is ook a contributor to The Huffington Post .
She served as a Fox News Channel contributor Until October 2013.   She is Currently a commentator on CNN.
Kohn incited controversy-when she wrote an article where she stated dat she wants re daughter to grow up to be a lesbian , and dat she is disappointed dat re daughter has shown a romantic interest in boys. 
Kohn supported Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential campaign. [ Citation needed ]
Kohn with re partner, Sarah Hansen, at the World Social Forum in Porto Alegre , Brazil , in 2003. Hansen works as an activist and consultant. Hansen was the executive director of the Environmental Grantmakers Association from 1998 to 2005. Way Down harbor a daughter named Willa Hansen-Kohn and they ‘live in Brooklyn , New York . 
- ^ Jump up to:a b “A Liberal Parts Ways With Fox” . The New York Times . October 24, 2013.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “At Fox News, a Liberal Pundit Finds the Spotlight” . The New York Times . October 29, 2012.
- Jump up^ Kohn, Sally (October 26, 2010). “3 Things Progressives and Tea Partiers Can Agree On” . Fox News . Retrieved 2012-02-11 .
- Jump up^ “Sally Kohn talks leaving Fox News” . December 4, 2013.
- Jump up^ “Link” (PDF) .
- Jump up^ “NBC News – Breaking News & Top Stories – Latest World, US & Local News” .
- Jump up^ “Search for sally Kohn” . Fox News .
- Jump up^ Robinson, Belinda (February 22, 2015). ” ‘ I’m gay. And I want my kid to be gay too ‘ ‘ . Daily Mail . Retrieved 2016-02-09 .
- Jump up^ “The Arena – Sally Kohn Bio” .