Roman Mars is the host and producer of 99% Invisible , a lambs, kid radio show and podcast . 
He has ook Contributed to radio programs zoals Radiolab and Planet Money .   Fast Company indicated with h im as one of the hundred musts creative people (number 63) or 2013.  In and around 2,004 have produktie a program called Invisible Ink  on lambs, kid .
Mars and his signature radio show, 99% Invisible , port leg credited in the mainstream press as an innovative form of radio production, Defining a new movement or independent radio and podcast creators.    In 2016 Mars co-invented asynchronous podcasting with Justin McElroy customizing the first episode of Smart Stuff welke Began in MBMBaM episode 316  and was COMPLETED in 99% Invisible episode 225. 
In March 2015 Mars delivered a talk at the TED conference in Vancouver, BC, entitled “Why City Flags’ may be the worst-designed thing you’ve never Noticed” Revealing the five basic principles of flag design and sparking flag change policymaking across the US and Canada with over 4 million views.
In partnership with the Knight Foundation and the Public Radio Exchange (PRX), Mars ook created the podcast collective ‘Radiotopia. The Public Radio Exchange has hired Mars to curate a radio program called Remix, welke is syndicated by at least 14 public radio stations across the US. 
Mars is ook notable for maintaining successfully-used Kickstarter for 99% Invisible, raising over $ 170,000, making it the Highest-funded journalism Kickstarter project ever, and the second Highest-funded Kickstarter project across the entire publishing category. 
In November 2013, 99% Invisible’s season four Kickstarter campaign RECEIVED 11.693 Backers raising over $ 375,000. The e-mail marketing service MailChimp donated $ 20,000 once the campaign reached 10,000 Backers. The original goal of $ 150,000 was raised in 92 hours. 
2014 Kickstarter for Radiotopia
Following this success, Mars introduced Another Kickstarter campaign to build Season Two or Radiotopia, a collection of seven storytelling podcasts.
- 99% Invisible
- Fugitive Waves
- Love + Radio
- radio Diaries
- Theory of Everything
- The Truth
Its original goal was $ 250,000 welke was funded  binnen six days. However, the campaign morethan doubled zijn original target, Achieving $ 620.412 from 21.808 Backers at the time the Kickstarter closed on November 15, 2014, making it the most-funded Kickstarter project in the publishing and radio and podcast categories .. The goal was helped with an offering of $ 25,000 from Hover if the campaign Achieved 20,000 Backers or Any amount from $ 1 upwards.
As a result Radiotopia reached three stretch goals. Its first was to add three podcasts hosted by women to the collective-when the Kickstarter reached $ 400,000, welke happened on November 2, 2014: 
- The Heart
- The Allusionist
The second stretch goal was set at $ 425,000 to host Radiotopia parties Throughout 2015 Los Angeles , San Francisco , Boston , New York City , Dublin , and London , plus Another two cities that ‘create the musts noise on Facebook and Twitter . ”  This was Achieved within two days on November 4, 2014. 
The third stretch goal was set at $ 500,000 and mention anything to allow directive Radiotopia bieden more content, wage increases as and paid internships.  This goal was to binnen five days on November 9, 2014. 
The fourth stretch goal, set at $ 600,000, was to create a pilot development fund to find new, talented producers and hosts not Covered by traditional radio.  A fourth podcast, mortified, was ook added to the collective, Bringing the total number of podcasts to 11. The fourth goal was reached on November 15, 2014. 
- Jump up^ lambs, kid website. “Lambs, kid staff directory”, lambs, kid . Retrieved on October 27, 2013.
- Jump up^ NPR website. “Planet Money Episode 471”, Planet Money . Retrieved on October 27, 2013.
- Jump up^ Radiolab website. “RadioLab staff directory”, Radiolab . Retrieved on October 27, 2013.
- Jump up^ Fast Company Magazine website. “List of musts Fast Company’s creative people or 2013”, Fast Company (magazine) . Retrieved on October 27, 2013.
- Jump up^ PRX website. In 2015, Roman was the host of the AIGA National Conference in New Orleans. “Invisible Ink show listings”, Public Radio Exchange
- Jump up^ Mother Jones Magazine”Roman Mars on the Secret Allure or Highway Stripes and Manhole Covers”, Mother Jones (magazine) . Retrieved June 18, 2014.
- Jump up^ Wired Magazine”How 99% Invisible Will Change Public Radio”, Wired (magazine) . Retrieved on June 18, 2014.
- Jump up^ The Guardian Newspaper”Roman Mars: public radio maverick”, The Guardian (newspaper) . Retrieved June 18, 2014.
- Jump up^ “MBMBaM 316: Smart Stuff” . My Brother, My Brother and Me . Maximum Fun . Retrieved 11 October 2016 .
- Jump up^ Mars, Roman. “99% invisible 225: Photo Credit: negatives of the Bauhaus” . 99% invisible . 99pi . Retrieved 11 October 2016 .
- Jump up^ About Remix Radio”How does Remix get made?” , Public Radio Exchange . Retrieved June 18, 2014.
- Jump up^ Mediabistro website. “99% Invisible is the must successful Kickstarter funded for public radio journalism”, Retrieved on October 27, 2013.
- Jump up^ Kickstarter page. “99% Invisible: Season 4 Weekly!” , Retrieved on August 15, 2014.
- Jump up^ “Update # 2 Funded!” . Kickstarter . October 21, 2014 . Retrieved January 1, 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Update # 6 Stretch Goal # 2: Radiotopia Together” . November 9, 2014 . Retrieved January 1, 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Update # 7 Stretch goal # 3 Level Up” . November 4, 2014 . Retrieved January 1, 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Update # 8 Stretch goal # 4 New Blood” . November 9, 2014 . Retrieved January 1, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Update # 10 We did it!” . November 15, 2014 . Retrieved January 1, 2014 .