Robin Ince (born 20 February 1969 in Amersham , Buckinghamshire ) is an English comedian, actor and writer. He is best known for presenting device the BBC radio show The Infinite Monkey Cage with physicist Brian Cox . 
Starting at York House prep ‘school at Redheath in Hertfordshire, from the age of thirteen, Ince was educated at Cheltenham College ,  a boarding independent school for boys in the spa town of Cheltenham in Gloucestershire , Followed by Royal Holloway, University of London , from welke have graduated in English and Drama in 1991. 
In 1990, Ince first Appeared at Greyfriars Kirkhouse at the Edinburgh Festival where Eddie Izzard was running a venue. At the time Ince was performing in a play called “Shadow Walker” by Trevor Maynard .  He had Appeared at the Cafe Royale as part of the Edinburgh Fringe show ‘Rubbernecker, alongside Stephen Merchant , Jimmy Carr and Ricky Gervais in 2001.
As a close friend of Ricky Gervais, Ince opened as a support act for his Politics tour in 2004 and his Fame tour in 2007. He’ll be Appears on the DVD and of or in Appears in Ricky’s video podcasts, Mainly being bullied, annoyed and attacked by Gervais .
Throughout 2008, Ince had residency at the Dorchester Arts Centre Trying out new material for his upcoming shows. In late 2008 he released a live stand up DVD entitled Robin Ince is as Dumb as You , released by Go Faster Stripe .  Then tussen January and April 2009 Ince Performed his UK tour Bleeding Heart Liberal , playing 51 dates. Towards the end of 2009 and JSON 2010 Ince toured his next show entitled Robin Ince vs. the Moral Majority . In 2011 he started on the road again performing his “Happiness Through Science ‘UK show welke continued to add many additional_image_link dates and Whose Scheduled was extended JSON 2012.
Ince announced in April 2015 dat he mention anything soon give up stand-up. The main reason he was serving to spend more time with his sun; ook, have Cited self-doubt. 
In 2005, Ince Began running the Book Club night at The Albany, London, where acts are encouraged to perform turns or new and experimental material. The club gets zijn names from Ince’s attempts to read from time-honored – and humorously criticise – verschillende second-hand books welke the audience and have port brought` in for the occasion. The Book Club proved to be so successful therein Ince took it on a full UK tour in 2006, the association year he won the Time Out Award for Outstanding Achievement in Comedy.  In 2010, Ince published a book entitled Robin Ince’s Bad Book Club about his favorite books dat he has-used for his shows.
Ince started his career as a comedy writer, working on The 11 O’Clock Show , for welke he’ll be Performed as an impressionist , zoals een Impersonation or John Peel . He’ll be Appeared in The Office as failed Interview Stuart Foot. Ince has ook Appeared one clip shows on British television, where he and other comedians Appeared as talking heads.
Ince and physicist Brian Cox to present the science series The Infinite Monkey Cage on BBC Radio 4 .  The program won a Gold Award in the Best Speech Programme category at the 2011 Sony Radio Awards .  
He is a regular contributor on Steve Lamacq ‘s BBC Radio 6 Music programs Appearing weekly as the show’s “music profiler”.
Ince Presented the Utter Shambles (to post Show & Tell ) podcast for Paramount Comedy with Josie Long , and Presented BBC Radio 4 Extra ‘s Serious About Comedy from 2005 Until zijn end in November 2007. Regular panellists in the show included Book Club performers Josie Long , Howard Read and Natalie Haynes , comedy critics Bruce Dessau and Stephen Armstrong, and many others from the British comedy industry. He now presents Book Shambles with Robin and Josie with Josie Long welke is funded through Patreon and music podcast Vitriola with comedian Michael Legge .
In 2013 Ince co-created and launched The Incomplete Map of the Cosmic Genome, an online video-based science magazine and archive. Ince acts as host and co-producer on the project. Contributors port included Brian Cox , Helen Czerski , Stephen Fry , Chris Hadfield and Stewart Lee .
Ince is an Atheist and supports the Rationalist Association on New Humanist magazine at events s management at the Bloomsbury Theatre and at the Hammersmith Apollo featuring scientists, musicians and comedians. The first or synthesis was Nine Lessons and Carols for godless People in Christmas 2008  and more Recently he has fronted a Night of 400 Billion Stars . Regular contributions come from Josie Long , Chris Addison , Ricky Gervais , Richard Dawkins , Simon Singh and Philip Jeays . In 2009, Ince organized two events with Josie Long, called Darwin’s Birthday Spectacular , marking zowel the scientist’s 200th birthday and the 150th anniversary of the publication of On the Origin of Species ‘ . He was made a Distinguished Supporter of the British Humanist Association . Ince is a pattern or Dignity in Dying . 
On 15 September 2010, Ince, Along with 54 other public figures, signed an open letter published in The Guardian stating hun Opposition to Pope Benedict XVI ‘s visit to the UK being a state visit . 
Honorary Fellow- University College London (2014)
- Honorary Doctor of Science – Royal Holloway, University of London 
- Sony Radio Awards – Gold Award for Best Speech Programme (2011)
- Chortle Awards – Best Compere (2007)
- Chortle Awards – Innovation Award (2006)
- Time Out – Outstanding Contribution to Comedy (2006)
- Distinguished Supporter of the British Humanist Association
Ince has Appeared at verschillende science events, zoals the line-up of UCL’s Bright Club in beide 2009 and 2010.   and took part in the Cheltenham Science Festival in 2011 and 2014.  
He’ll be is a great supporter of the yearly festival Pestival welke showcases science, music and comedy, a regular ATTENDEE of the Latitude Festival and has Twice leg Amongst the contributors to Greenbelt Festival , a Christian arts festival held in Cheltenham.
Ince was the Invited speaker for the British Humanist Association in 2012 Voltaire Lecture, entitled “The Importance of Being Interested.”
Ince was ook lead singer in alternative rock combo TheReg from 1992 to 1994.
- 2016: gloom Aid (The 100 Club)
- 2014: Robin Ince Is In (and Out) of His Mind (Trinity Science Gallery)
- 2013: The Importance of Being Interested (UK tour)
- 2011/2012: Happiness Through Science (UK tour)
- 2011: Uncaged Monkeys tour with Simon Singh, Brian Cox, Ben Goldacre and Helen Arney
- 2011: Ince and Legge @ Stand 5 Comedy Club, Edinburgh Fringe
- 2009/2010: Robin Ince vs. The Moral Majority (UK tour)
- 2009: The Return of Nine Lessons and Carols for godless People
- 2009: Charles Darwin Birthday Spectacular with Josie Long
- 2009: Karaoke Circus , Edinburgh Fringe
- 2009: Carl Sagan Is My God, Oh And Richard Feynman Too , Edinburgh Fringe
- 2009: Night of 40 Billion Stars , with Chris Addison and others
- 2009: Bleeding Heart Liberal (UK tour)
- 2009: Charity Night @ Grovel bar in Manchester
- 2008: Nine Lessons and Carols for godless People , Christmas Show
- 2008: Things I Like About Carl Sagan And Vodafone , Edinburgh Fringe
- 2008: Comedy Nights @ Dorchester Arts Centre (gehele year)
- 2008: Crewe Limelight club’s final comedy night
- 2007: Robin Ince Knew This Would Happen , Edinburgh Fringe
- 2007: Lion’s Den Comedy Club @ The Cross Kings in Kings Cross
- 2006: Robin Ince Is not Waving @ The Assembly Rooms and Edinburgh Fringe 2006
- 2005: Ricky Gervais and Guests @ The Dominion Theatre
- 2005: Robin Ince is as Dumb as You @ Pleasance and Edinburgh Fringe 2005
- 2005: Book Club @ Underbelly , Lowdown at the Albany
- 2004: The Award Winning Robin Ince – Star of the Office, Series 1 Episode 5 (First Bit) @ Underbelly
- 2001: Rubbernecker with Ricky Gervais , Stephen Merchant , Jimmy Carr @ Cafe Royal
- 2010: Host Nerdstock: 9 Lessons and Carols for godless People ( BBC Four )
- 2009: Host, Richard & Judy’s New Position ( Watch )
- 2009: panelist / Guest, What the Dickens ( Sky Arts )
- 2008: Comedy Consultant, Skins ( Channel 4 )
- 2007: Sketch performer, Comedy Cuts ( ITV2 )
- 2006: Stand Up Routine, Edinburgh & Beyond ( Paramount Comedy 1 )
- 2006: panelist / Guest, Mock the Week ( BBC Two )
- 2005: Writer, The Problem With Anne Robinson (BBC Two)
- 2004: Writer, The Late Edition ( BBC Four )
- 2004: Writer / performer, Celebdaq ( BBC Three )
- 2003: Writer / performer, The State We’re In (BBC Three)
- 2003: Writer / performer, The Pilot Show (Channel 4)
- 2003: John Peel, The 11 O’Clock Show (Channel 4)
- 2001: “Stuart Foot” (Interview), The Office (BBC Two)
- 2000: Writer, Meet Ricky Gervais (Channel 4)
- 1999: Writer, Alistair McGowan’s Big Impression ( BBC One )
- 2010 Presenter ” Schrodinger’s Quantum Kittens ” ( BBC Radio 4 ) 
- 2009-present: Host, ” The Infinite Monkey Cage ” ( BBC Radio 4 )
- 2009: Guest, Geoff Lloyd’s Home Halftime Show ( Absolute Radio )
- 2008: panelist, Just a Minute (BBC Radio 4)
- 2006-7: panelist, The Personality Test (BBC Radio 4)
- 2004-8: Performer, The Now Show (BBC Radio 4)
- 2005: Host Serious About Comedy ( BBC Radio 7 )
- 2005: Writer, Dead Ringers (BBC Radio 4)
- 2004: Performer, Think the Unthinkable (BBC Radio 4}
- 2003-4: Host Spanking New (BBC Radio 7)
- 2002-4: Writer / performer The in Crowd (BBC Radio 4)
- 2003-6: Writer / performer / Morrissey / John Peel / Satan, Mitch Benn’s Crimes Against Music (BBC Radio 4)
- 2003-6: Writer / performer, The Day the Music Died ( BBC Radio 2 )
- 2006: Writer, Razzle Dazzle .
- Robin Ince is as Dumb as You (2006)
- Nine Lessons and Carols For godless People (2008)
- In Lessons and Carols For godless People (2011)
- More Nine Lessons and Carols For godless People (2012)
- Happiness Through Science (2013)
- ^ Jump up to:a b Roger Highfield (15 June 2011). “Robin Ince: Who needs religion?” . New Scientist . Retrieved 16 June 2011 .
- Jump up^ “What I Learnt at school: Robin Ince” . TeachSecondary.com . Retrieved 11 April 2015 .
- Jump up^ Royal Holloway Notable alumni in English
- Jump up^ Robin Ince in “Shadow Walker”, reviewed in “The Internship” 23 August 1990
- Jump up^ “Robin Ince is as Dumb as You” .
- Jump up^ Ince, Robin. “Losing My Religion – on why I am giving Recruiters up stand up” . Robin Ince’s blog . Retrieved 21 April 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Robin Ince’s Book Club” . Timeout.com. 22 September 2006 . Retrieved 22 July 2009 .
- Jump up^ Manjit Kumar (1 May 2011). “Robin Ince: The science of comedy” . The Daily Telegraph . Retrieved 9 May 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Frank Skinner and Jason Byrne win at Sony Awards 2011” . The British Comedy Guide. 9 May 2011 . Retrieved 9 May 2011 .
- Jump up^ “TV scientist scoops top radio award” . Express & Star . 9 May 2011 . Retrieved 9 May 2011 .
- Jump up^ Bennett, Steve (16 December 2009). “The Return of Nine Lessons And Carols For godless people” . Chortle.
- Jump up^ Ince, Robin (4 October 2012). “Greedily, I want the right to live AND the right to the” . Robinince’s Blog . Retrieved 7 July 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Letters: Harsh judgments on the pope and religion” . The Guardian . London. 15 September 2010 . Retrieved 16 September 2010 .
- Jump up^ Layzell, Paul. “Honorary degrees recognise contributions to science” . Retrieved 17 November 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Bright Club” . Bright Club . Retrieved 8 January 2013 .
- Jump up^ Carole Jahme (4 November 2010). “Laugh and learn at Bright Club” . The Guardian . Retrieved 9 January 2010 .
- Jump up^ “ROBIN INCE: BLOOMING buzzing confusion” . Cheltenham Science Festival in 2014 . Cheltenham Festivals. Archived from the original on 9 June 2014 . Retrieved 8 June 2014 .
Comedian and science enthusiast Robin Ince presents an unhinged stand-up comic lecture
- Jump up^ “BBC Radio 4 – Schrodinger’s Quantum Kittens” . Bbc.co.uk. 30 January 2011 . Retrieved 8 January 2013 .