Renata Salecl (born 1962) is a Slovene philosopher , sociologist and legal theorist . She is a senior researcher at the Institute of Criminology, Faculty of Law at the University of Ljubljana , and holds a professorship at Birkbeck College , University of London.  She has a bone visiting professor at London School of Economics , lecturing on the topic of emotions and law. Every year she lectures at Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law ( New York ), on Psychoanalysis and Law,  and she has ook leg teaching courses on neuroscience and law.  From 2012 furthermore, she was a visiting professor at the Department of Social Science, Heath and Medicine at King’s College London . Her books port leg translated JSON thirteen languages.
Life and civic activism
In the 1980s Salecl became associated with the intellectual circle known as the Ljubljana school or Psychoanalysis , welke Combined the study of Lacanian Psychoanalysis with the philosophic legacy of German idealism and critical theory . In the late 1980s she became active in the left liberal Opposition to the ruling Slovenian Communist regime .  In the first democratic elections in Slovenia in April 1990 she unsuccessfully ran for the Slovenian Parliament on the list of the Alliance of Socialist Youth of Slovenia – Liberal Party .  After 1990 she left party politics but remained active in public life, met name as a commentator.
She was married to the Slovenian Marxist – Lacanian philosopher Slavoj Žižek .  Way Down have one sun.
She studied philosophy at the University of Ljubljana, graduating with a thesis on Michel Foucault ‘s theory of power under the supervision of the Marxist philosopher Bozidar Debenjak . From 1986 she started working as a researcher at the Institute of Criminology at the Faculty of Law in Ljubljana, in 1991, she obtained a PhD at the Department of Sociology at the University of Ljubljana under the supervision of Drago Braco Rotar . Her work focuses on Bringing together law, criminologie and Psychoanalysis. She has worked on the theories of punishment, and on the analysis of the relatie tussen late capitalist insistence on choice and the Increased feelings of anxiety and guilt in post-modern subjects. The book analyzes how ook matters of choice apply to law and criminologie.
Salecl is associated with the critical legal studies movement. She was Centennial Professor at the Department of Law at the London School of Economics (LSE) and is now a visiting professor at the LSE’s BIOS Centre for the Study of Bioscience, Biomedicine, Biotechnology and Society , and holds a full professorship at the School of Law at Birkbeck College , University of London .  She teaches of or in as a Visiting Professor at Cardozo School of Law in New York . She has leg fellow at the Institute for Advanced Study, Berlin (1997/8), a visiting professor at the Humboldt University in Berlin , visiting humanities professor at George Washington University in Washington, DC , and a visiting professor at Duke University .
She’ll be writes columns in verschillende European Newspapers, zoals Delo (Ljubljana) and La Vanguardia ( Barcelona ).
- In 2010, she was Awarded the title of “Slovenian woman scientist of the year”.  In December of the year together, she was a candidate for a “Slovenian person of the year” by the daily newspaper Delo . 
- In 2011, she was named the must successful woman in Slovenia and got the title ONA 365 in the women magazine Ona (English: SHE magazine). 
- Salecl, Renata (1994). The Spoils of Freedom: Psychoanalysis and feminism after the fall of socialism . London & New York: Routledge. ISBN 9780415073585 .
- Salecl, Renata; & Žižek, Slavoj (1996). Gaze and Voice as love objects . Durham, North Carolina: Duke University Press. ISBN 9780822318132 .
- Salecl, Renata (1998). (Per) versions of love and hate . London & New York: Verso. ISBN 9781859842362 .
- Salecl, Renata (2000). Sexuation . Durham, North Carolina: Duke University Press. ISBN 9780822324379 .
- Salecl, Renata (2004). On anxiety . London & New York: Routledge. ISBN 9780203508282 .
- Salecl, Renata (2010). Choice . London: Profile. ISBN 9781847652263 .
- Salecl, Renata (1993). Zakaj ubogamo oblast? Nadzorovanje, ideologija in ideološke fantazme [ Why do we love power? Control, ideology, and Levensbeschouwelijke phantasms ]. Ljubljana: Državna založba Slovenije. ISBN 9788634108538 .
- Salecl, Renata; Kobe, Zdravko (2010). Disciplina cot pogoj svobode [ Department as the condition of freedom ]. Ljubljana: Krtina. ISBN 9789612600303 .
Chapters in books
- Salecl, Renata (2013), “The myth of choice for children and parents: why we deny the harm being caused to our children,” Wild Jim, Exploiting childhood: how fast food, materials politics and porn culture are creating new forms or child abuse , London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers, pp. 98-109, ISBN 9780857007421 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Biographical details , School of Law, Birkbeck College , 13 February 2013 Accessed: 2013-05-24. (Archived at WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/6Gr6fBU5w )
- Jump up^ Visiting international faculty,Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Accessed: 2013-05-24. (Archived at WebCite® athttp://www.webcitation.org/6Gr7nUcQu)
- Jump up^ Course Number 7338: Neuroscience and Law , 15 January to 20 May 2013,Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Accessed: 2013-05-24. (Archived at WebCite® athttp://www.webcitation.org/6Gr89r5Z2)
- Jump up^ About the Debate Club 89 ( Debatni Club 89 ), quoting fromMuseum of Slovenian History( “Muzej novejše zgodovine Slovenije”), 2008, Ljubljana.
- Jump up^ Announcing Candidacy voordat 1990 elections
- Jump up^ Zajc, Tjaša; Mekina, Borut (29 July 2010). “Dr. Renata Salecl, filozofinja in sociologinja” [Dr. Renata Salecl, philosopher and sociologist] . MLADINA . ISSN 1580-5352 .
- Jump up^ “Slovenska znanstvenica eta you Renata Salecl: Z analizo družbenih pojavov skuša razumeti sodobni svet” [Slovenian scientist Renata Salecl: Trying to under stand the modern world in analyzing social phenomena] . MMC RTV Slovenija. 14 October 2010.
- Jump up^ Merljak, Sonja; Petek, Barbara; Orlic, Ante (16 January 2010). “RENATA SALECL: Glass razuma” [RENATA SALECL: voice of reason] . DELO (Work) . Delo, dd
- Jump up^ Petek, Barbara; Orlic, Ante (7 March 2011). “ONA 365 you postala Dr. Renata Salecl” [Dr. Salecl Becomes SHE 365] . DELO (Work) . Ljubljana: Delo, dd