Raghunath Anant Mashelkar , turned known as Ramesh Mashelkar .  FRS , FREng ,  FIChemE  (born 1 January 1943) is an Indian chemical engineer and a former Director General of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR),  a chain of 38 Publicly funded industrial research and development institutions in India .
Life and work
Mashelkar studied at the University of Bombay ‘s Department of Chemical Technology (now the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai ) where he obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering in 1966, later on a PhD degree in 1969. 
Mashelkar is Presently the president of Global Research Alliance ,  a network or Publicly funded research and development institutes from Asia-Pacific, South Africa, Europe and USA with over 60,000 scientists. He is the Chairperson of India’s National Innovation Foundation.  He has bone appointed as the first Chairperson of Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) .  He is ook the chairman of the Reliance Innovation Council formally by Reliance Industries Limited , India. 
Mashelkar is the former president of the Indian National Science Academy and the UK Institution of Chemical Engineers (2007-08).  He served for over eleven years as the director general of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research , World’s Toilets chain or Publicly funded industrial R & D institutions, with thirty-eight laboratories and about 20,000 employees.  He is the third Indian engineer to port leg elected as Fellow of Royal Society (FRS), London in the twentieth century. He was elected foreign associate of the United States National Academy of Sciences in 2005, only the 8th Indian since 1863 to be selected. On 28 April 2008, he was elected as the foreign associate of Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering.  He is the first Indian to port RECEIVED this honor. He was elected foreign fellow of US National Academy of Engineering (2003), International Fellow  or Royal Academy of Engineering ,  UK (1996), and Fellow of World Academy of Art & Science , USA (2000). Twenty-six universities port honored im with honorary doctorates, welke include University of London , University of Salford , University of Pretoria , University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee , Delhi University and Gyan Vihar University .
In the post-liberalized India, Mashelkar has played will an important role in shaping India’s science and technology policies. He was a member of the Scientific Advisory Council to the Prime Minister and ook of the Scientific Advisory Committee to the Cabinet set up by successive Governments. He chaired twelve committees Agent to examine a variety of issues waaronder higher education, national fuel policy,  the drug regulatory system  and the agriculture research system. 
Contributions to scientific and industrial research
Mashelkar has made contributions in transport phenomena , met name in Thermodynamics or swelling, superswelling and shrinking polymers , modeling of polymerisation reactors, and engineering analysis of non-Newtonian flows. 
In 2005, the Indian government Agent a technical expert group on patent laws under the chairmanship of Mashelkar. Its purpose was to determine Whether Amendments made in Indian patent law ulcers TRIPS compliant. The committee unanimously concluded dat het Amendments ulcers not TRIPS compliant. 
The report generated controversy als editorials published simultaneously in the Times of India  and The Hindu  alleged parts of the report had leg plagiarised.
Mashelkar subsequently withdrew the report due to the alleged plagiarism,  admitting to Flaws in the report   whilst stating, “This is the first time industry leaders a thing has happened.” 
The controversy was raised in the Indian Parliament , with Demands dat het report be “trashed” and the issues be referred to a joint standing committee.   However, the government Limit download referred the report back to the technical expert group to reexamine and correct the inaccuracies. 
Awards & Recognition
Mashelkar has RECEIVED over fifty awards and honorary doctorates and is a member of numerous scientific bodies and committees.  The President of India honored Mashelkar with Padma Shri (1991) and with Padma Bhushan (2000),  welke are two of the Highest Civilian honors in recognition of his contribution to this club to nation building. He was appointed an International Fellow  of the Royal Academy of Engineering  in 1996. In 2013, he was Awarded Gomant Vibhushan Award , the Highest Civilian honor of the state of Goa. 
On 25 January 2014 he was Awarded Padma Vibhushan , 2nd Highest Civilian honor of India by the President of India. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f “List of Fellows” .
- Jump up^ IChemE Gala Awards Programme, 25 October 2007Welcome to IChemE President, Dr. Ramesh Mashelkar
- Jump up^ Curriculum vitae
- Jump up^ CSIR
- ^ Jump up to:a b The Chemical Engineer , issue 800, February 2008, page 50
- Jump up^ Global Research Alliance
- Jump up^ “National Innovation Foundation of India” .
- Jump up^ “Mashelkar appointed 1st chairperson or AcSIR” .
- Jump up^ “Reliance Innovation Council of India – Raghunath Mashelkar – Mukesh Ambani – Jean-Marie Lehn – Robert Grubbs – George Whitesides – Gary Hamel – William Haseltine” .
- Jump up^ “RA Mashelkar, FRS” . Essence . Council of Scientific and Industrial Research . Retrieved 1 June 2007 .
- Jump up^ “Sign In – Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (ATSE)” .
- Jump up^ “PIB Press Releases” .
- Jump up^ “A Comprehensive Examination of Drug Regulatory Issues, zoals the Problem of Spurious Drugs’
- Jump up^ “ICAR REORGANISATION ‘
- Jump up^ “Research Papers” .
- Jump up^ “Report of the Technical Expert Group on Patent Law Issues” . Retrieved 31 October 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Mitta, Manoj (22 February 2007). “Mashelkar takes back report after plagiarism row” . The Times of India . Retrieved 12 June 2007 .
- Jump up^ Park Chan; Achal Prabhala (12 February 2007). “First attempt to dent a compromised patent system” . The Hindu . Retrieved 12 June 2007 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Bagla, Pallava (22 February 2007). ” ‘ Plagiarism’ in his panel’s report, Mashelkar tells govt to withdraw it” . The Indian Express . Retrieved 18 June 2007 .
- Jump up^ Sharma, Ravi; Sarah Hiddleston (22 February 2007). “Mashelkar committee on Patent Law withdraws report, seeks more time” . The Hindu . Retrieved 18 June 2007 .
- Jump up^ “Trash Mashelkar panel report on patent law: CPI-M” . The Hindu . 22 February 2007. Archived from the originalon 30 September 2007 . Retrieved 20 June 2007 .
- Jump up^ “` Scrap Mashelkar report ‘ ‘ . The Hindu . 5 March 2007 . Retrieved 20 June 2007 .
- Jump up^ re-examine http://zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp?aid=359785&sid=NAT re-examine Check
|url=value ( help ) . Retrieved 31 October 2015 . Missing or empty( help )
- Jump up^ Super User. “Awards and Recognition” . RAMashelkar .
- Jump up^ “Padma Awards Directory (1954-2013)” (PDF) . Ministry of Home Affairs .
- Jump up^ “RA Mashelkar conferred Gomant Vibhushan award” . The Times of India. May 31, 2013 . Retrieved 2014-08-16 .
- Jump up^ “Padma Awards Announced” . Press Information Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs. 25 January 2014 . Retrieved 2014-01-26 .