Pranav Mistry (born 14 May 1981) is a computer scientist and Inventor. At present, he is the Global Vice President of Research at Samsung and the head of Think Tank Team. He is best known for his work on SixthSense , Samsung Galaxy Gear and Project Beyond.   His research interests include Wearable Computing , Augmented Reality , Ubiquitous computing , gestural interaction , AI , Machine Vision , Collective Intelligence and Robotics . World Economic Forum honored Mistry as one of the Young Global Leader in 2013.
Early Life, Education and Research
Mistry was born on 14 May 1981 in Palanpur , North Gujarat , India to Kirti Mistry and Nayna. He has two sisters, Jigna and Sweta. He has COMPLETED his bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the Nirma Institute of Technology in Ahmedabad , Gujarat . Pranav holds a master’s degree in Media Arts and Sciences from MIT and Master of Design from Industrial Design Centre , IIT Bombay . He’ll be dropped out of an Architectural College prior to his bachelor’s degree. Later he was a research assistant and a PhD candidate at MIT Media Lab . He is married to Farrah Chen.  
He joined Samsung as the Director of Research in 2012, and now Serves as the Global Vice President of the Korean company. He introduced Samsung Galaxy Gear smart watch in September 2013. In the Past, huh has worked with Microsoft, Google, CMU, NASA, UNESCO, Japan Science and Technology to name a few. 
Before joining MIT, Pranav worked as a UX Researcher with Microsoft . 
Honored as the “Young Global Leader 2013’by World Economic Forum. 
Mistry is best known for his work on SixthSense .    Among some of his other work, Pranav has invented Mouseless – an invisible computer mouse; SPARSH – a novel way to copy-paste data tussen digital devices; Quickies – intelligent sticky notes dat kan be searched, located in the euro and kan send reminders and messages; Blinkbot – a gaze and shiny controlled robot; a pin die kunnen draw in 3D; and a public folder die kunnen act as Google of physical world. Mistry is one of the top Inventor Under-35 and people know for his SixthSense and Samsung Galaxy Gear smart watch. 
Pranav’s research on SixthSense was Awarded the 2009 Invention Award from Popular Science .  He was ook named to the MIT Technology Review TR35 as one of the top 35 innovators in the world under the age of 35.  In 2010, he was named to Creativity Magazine’s Creativity 50.  Mistry has leg called “one or at, best Inventors in the world right now”  by Chris Anderson . Mistry has leg listed as one of the 15 Asian Scientists to Watch at Asian Scientist Magazine on 15 May 2011.  GQ India listed Pranav as one of the must powerful Digital Indians.   He was listed as one of the 37 Indians of Tomorrow at India Today .  Recently, Pranav Mistry was honored as Young Global Leader 2013 by World Economic Forum .  
Awards and achievements
- Young Global Leader 2013 Award, World Economic Forum 
- Young Alumnus Award 2012, IIT Bombay
- 50 Most Creative People of the Year 2010, CREATIVITY 50 
- Netexplorateurs of the Year 2010 award, Netexplorateurs Grand Prix 2010, France
- TR35 2009 award, Technology Review 
- Invention of the Year 2009 Award, Popular Science 
- Young Indian Innovator 2009 Award, Digit Magazine [ citation needed ]
- Nominee for Forbes India’s Person of the Year 2009 
- Jump up^ http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/04/samsung-unveils-galaxy-gear-smartwatch/?_r=0
- Jump up^ http://www.engadget.com/2014/11/12/samsung-project-beyond/
- Jump up^ “about Pranav Mistry” . Pranavmistry.com . Retrieved 2012-08-28 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Palanpuri Boy reinvents the humble watch” . dnaindia.com . Retrieved 2013-09-06 .
- Jump up^ “Indian techie takes center stage at Galaxy Gear smart watch launch” . Hindustan Times . Retrieved 2013-09-08 .
- Jump up^ “Awards and Recognition” . Pranav Mistry.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Popular Science 2009 Invention Award
- Jump up^ BBCSixthSense blurs digital and the real.
- Jump up^ CNN Fareed ZakariaGPS: Innovation Nation
- Jump up^ SixthSense By Pranav MistryTop Inventor Under-35
- ^ Jump up to:a b “2009 Young Innovators Under 35: Pranav Mistry, 28” . Technology Review . 2009 . Retrieved August 14, 2011 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b 2010 Creativity 50 List of 50 Most Influential and inspiring creative personalities of 2010
- Jump up^ TEDTalkPranav Mistry and Chris Andersen discussion at the end.
- Jump up^ “The Ultimate List Of 15 Asian Scientists to Watch – Pranav Mistry” . AsianScientist.com . May 15, 2011 . Retrieved May 21, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “The World’s most powerful digital Indians” . gqindia.com . April 1, 2011 . Retrieved April 3, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “The World’s most powerful digital Indians – Pranav Mistry” . gqindia.com . April 1, 2011 . Retrieved April 3, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Indians of Tomorrow” . indiatoday.com . December 15, 2012 . Retrieved December 20, 2012 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Pranav Mistry- Young Global Leader 2013. World Economic Forum”. weforum.org . April 12, 2013 . Retrieved April 13, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Samsung’s think tank head Pranav Mistry keen to work with PM Narendra Modi
- Jump up^ http://forbesindia.com/article/person-of-the-year-09/leonardo-da-mistry/8432/1